How significant has Jon Jones' reach been in his success

• Very
  • Somewhat
  • little to no difference, would be just as dominant with Artem arms.
0 voters

He struggles with anyone when he doesn’t have a significant reach advantage. But that seems fairly common in the sport nowadays.

2 Likes

He put it on Gus in the 2nd fight at least.

4 Likes

Reach is critical for effective eye poking…

9 Likes

Yeah, that Gus was… different from their first meeting for sure.

5 Likes

There are so many other factors that played a huge part when talking about his most dominant performance. He outweighed his ex by 125 pounds, he had years of mixed martial arts training, and their daughters begging him to stop hitting their mother probably kept the woman distracted so Jones could focus on body shots.

God, I hope he dies of an AIDS/cancer hybrid.

3 Likes

Anyone with long arms could be a dominant lhw champ. Great wrestling ability and fight IQ had little to do with it.

1 Like

A long arm Tito would have been unstoppable.

4 Likes

You should replace reach with steroids

1 Like

Pulsing Jones… Gus probably lost all the motivation to fight like as the last time lol, and Dana gave a big fat check

2 Likes

Yeah that was a much different Gus.

I also remembered him saying he tore his groin in the first round. Or a tear somewhere in that area.

2 Likes

Mighty mouse would be trash without his speed
Hendo would be a journeyman without his power
Bisping would’ve been a regional fighter without his cardio

We can do this all day. Height and reach are the only god given attributes people use to discredit certain fighters, it’s weird.

2 Likes

I bet his Penor is really long and thin, and he has “Accidentally” poked women in the eye with it when forcing a girls head down during a Felatio act

LOL some of the comments in here were gold, thanks guys for the good laughs!

Yeah, I wouldn’t body shame Jones. But I’d PED shame him. And I’d shame the UFC/reffing staff for leniency enforcing their cage grab/eye poke rules.

I body shame People
But also have respect for Ped users.

They want it more, that’s a champ mentality.

Steroids/PED’s FTW

I’m fine with PEDs actually. It’s the special treatment I can’t get behind. If UFC wasn’t pretending to be hard on steroid use and using testing as a tool to punish some and let others flourish I’d be all for it. This is prize fighting after all.

3 Likes

Jon’s most dominant performance to date

The best “training partner” you could have

Hehe

God that woman has put up with a lot over the 20yrs they have been together

1 Like

Well yeah, Jones is a high caliber athlete, I’ll say that.

But he also has an extraordinary mind for fighting. His size and reach gave him confidence. But he knows how to use his reach and has an understanding of technique that most will never have.

The only part of your post I’ll disagree with is Bisping. He got his cardio because he worked his ass off to be in better shape than 99 percent of other fighters. The other stuff you posted is god given.

2 Likes