How the hell is BMX in the Olympics and JJitsu not

Based on some of the sports in now, ballet, stair climbing and Frisbee golf could be in before long. BJJ may be dull but damn it's more of a sport than synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics.

is there half pipe or is it just racing?

Strykr619 - 
mr1709 - 
Steppenwolf - I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

With that criteria why is basketball in the olympics. Only countries that play it are usa..argentina and spain pretty much. The usa will pretty much always win it to since they are the only ones who take that sport seriously

Where as a sport like rugby...south africa, new zealand, australia, fiji, samoa, france, england, argentina...

LOL because you don't know what you are talking about Basketball is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. You do understand that there are PRO leagues in Italy, Russia, Germany, Spain, Turkey, China, Australia and South America right? (and the b-ballers get paid 7 figure salaries). 

Strip away throws from Judo and what it is? Oh thats right Jiu Jitsu. BJJ will have a hard time being Olympic. 

Thats incorrect because Judo does not train submissions below the waist i.e. knee bars, ankle locks, heel hooks, etc. And Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is not an Olympic sport because of one reason. BRAZILIANS! The blatant cheating and reffing in tournaments makes the Olympic Committee not take it seriously. Sorry if this offends anyone but hey...truth can be a mother f*cker sometimes LOL

Forrest Spliffn - 

Equestrian is not a sport.
It's cruelty to animals. Once North America was settled and things like dirt bikes and bmx were invented the need to burden these animals ended.
When these things break a leg and have to be put down because you wanted to jump fences on a pet, you really ought to look in the rich ass mirror.
They ought to give the horse the damn medal, not the perpetually spoiled individual heeling it in the ribs when approaching a fence.

Bjj should easily be there as should skateboarding and surfing. Hell anything that takes extreme speed, strength , Coordination , flexibility and has thousands of world wide practitioners should get the nod.
Rock climbing should definitely be included. Thats like running, swimming,jumping, throwing etc. It's a fundamental HUMAN skill that gets ignored so rich faggets can abuse horses.

If beach volleyball gets to be there they might as well have AND1 outdoor 3 on 3 streetball. You know, since we are allowing corny off shoots of sports to go for medals. Phone Post

Equestrian is a sport.....

Horses rarely get injured in the olympics to the severity of being shot and put down, this is something that is familiar with 'steeplechasing' race as the horse is in pain/useless etc......this is I would deem as cruelty too. That type of Steeplechasing race is not in the olympics.

It takes effort to make a horse jump in the 'showjumping'...doesn't do it on its own the same goes for dressage and 3 day eventing etc. It requires alot of training just like anything else. only reason rich people do it is because they can afford the bills with a horse. This is not creutly....training a dog is not cruelty, training a horse is not cruelty....LOL at heeling it in the ribs as if that 'hurts' it. It is a massive animal, the reason we heel it is so it can feel that im there and that it feels relaxed.....the cruel thing to do would be to not do anything and let it stress out etc

Horses are tradition in the Olympics from the chariot racing from the ancient games.....horses existed before North America was settled. It's part of tradition in the Olympics and always will be.

I still agree with what you said about beach volleyball though.

genshi - 
UGCTT_song2 - 

They should have capture the flag with each nations special forces.

I'd watch that Phone Post

That is fantastic idea actually.....

Would be amazing to watch. Please forward that to the olympic comittee right now and just say instead of live fire make it paintballing or something.lol

At a high enough level it'd be a stalemate because of defenders huddling around the flag. There'd have to be some 10-yard zone around the flag or something with a 5 second countdown.

wfd jr - Equestrian is a joke. Canada has one "Olympian" who's been in like 10 straight Olympics and is still competing at 65 years old.

BMX was also weird to watch, what's next skateboarding?

If Kurt Angle had of got on to USA Olympic Team at 43 years old would that have make wrestling a joke?

And why not Skateboarding?.......some it is pretty intense

Endowedwelter -
fryingarmbar -
Endowedwelter - Bmx is awesome to watch and do. Much better examples to compare against than it like the horse dancing shit or walking or the gymnastics with ribbons and shit. Phone Post

It's called rhythmic gymnastics, you clod! Phone Post

Lol man that shit is just horrible. They don't have guys do that do they? Phone Post

I was pretty confident they don't but I googled it just to be sure...

http://www.menrg.com/

W
T
F Phone Post

genshi -
wfd jr - Equestrian is a joke. Canada has one "Olympian" who's been in like 10 straight Olympics and is still competing at 65 years old.

BMX was also weird to watch, what's next skateboarding?

If Kurt Angle had of got on to USA Olympic Team at 43 years old would that have make wrestling a joke?

And why not Skateboarding?.......some it is pretty intense

Ya I wouldn't mind seeing skateboarding in there over lots of the events now. I'm Canadian and I don't wanna see horses jumping over shit or synchronized diving. Phone Post

No-gi submission grappling. Phone Post

I'm sure bjj players would love the out of competition testing.

speed walking for fuck sake!

I'd rather see something like adcc in the Olympics than anything close to ibjjf Phone Post

I watched that BMX last night and was entertained. They were flying around the track and people were wiping out left and right. Definitely a danger factor to it.

wfd jr - I can't take BMX seriously as I see this as a sport for teenagers hence why stakeboarding would fall under the same class. Its like if there was a skipping event for girls. As for equestrian, they might as well throw in motorcross racing which is even more athletic. Equestrian is the only sport where seniors could still compete in the Olympics lol.

BMX enthusiats probably look at BJJ going "I can't take it seriously just two guys rolling around 'hugging.'" etc

Equestrian is the only sport where seniors could compete in the Olympics......

Equestrian is also the only sport where men and women can compete against each other individually on an fair playing field.....(including mixed doubles of tennis/volleyball.)

Seniors could compete in any of the sports if they really wanted to do so......Realistically though alot of younger ones turn pro as soon as they can, get injured and retire or cannot get grants and funding for training after certain ages so don't compete then.....we'll probably see some 'seniors' when golf is added in 2016 in Rio.

BJJ won't be in the Olympics......Submission wrestling would have a bigger chance and would suit it better.

Yeah agreed submission wrestling would be more entertaining, and that JiuJitsu would not meet all of the criteria, my point however was that a shit ton of these sports blatantly don't meet the criteria either and that If they can be in the Olympics there's no reason why JJ shouldn't Phone Post

Egorr10 - 
Strykr619 -
mr1709 - 
Steppenwolf - I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

With that criteria why is basketball in the olympics. Only countries that play it are usa..argentina and spain pretty much. The usa will pretty much always win it to since they are the only ones who take that sport seriously

Where as a sport like rugby...south africa, new zealand, australia, fiji, samoa, france, england, argentina...

LOL because you don't know what you are talking about Basketball is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. You do understand that there are PRO leagues in Italy, Russia, Germany, Spain, Turkey, China, Australia and South America right? (and the b-ballers get paid 7 figure salaries). 

Strip away throws from Judo and what it is? Oh thats right Jiu Jitsu. BJJ will have a hard time being Olympic. 

"Strip away throws from Judo and what it is" are you kidding me?

Strip away hurdles from 110 metre hurdles and what isit, 110 metre sprint, strip away below the waist attacks from freestyle and what isit, Greco! Strip away the beach from beach volley ball and what isit, regular volley ball! Stupid fucking argument. Phone Post

BTW, if you strip away throws from Judo, it STILL isnt Jiu Jitsu. Jiu Jitsu has submissions below the waste such as straight ankle locks, straight knee bars, twisting toe holds (black belt level) whereas Judo doesnt train submissions below the waste. And the rest of what Egorr10 said is funny as hell LOL

Caber Tossing. Just throwing that in there!