How the UFC paid me

don't worry about haulport, he's a known retarded troll.

good post, very informative.

ESPN is going to run the hit piece no matter what and you are fooling yourselves if you think otherwise. ESPN only defends sports/institutions they have an interest in. Look at the recent college coaches pedo scandals. ESPN sat on reports about them because it'd harm those products, which ESPN broadcasts. ESPN has no piece of the UFC and it benefits them to knock it down a few pegs.

Propers to McCorkle for speaking out. Phone Post

Thanks for sharing

Sean, what is your opinion on the AJ weight cutting issue? We know youve had to cut alot of weight to make 265. Can you please provide some insight on that subject? Thanks for the post, good read. Phone Post

McCorkle, my respect for you has returned, kind of like your ex wife's herpes sore.

Insightful post McCorkle. Thank you.

Sean McCorkle - Until the UFC has a complete monopoly on the industry and there literally is no other option

you sir...are sad. with all due respect I don't think there's another fighter in this forum that matches your level of eagerness to suck up to the UFC.

"complete monopoly"? LMAO

and if you were getting paid so great with struve, you sure didn't show it, it's almost like you didn't quite know what you wanted in that fight, like they made a phone call to you and told you that they would halve your pay and then proceeded to cut off your balls. you wore a girly wig to the weigh ins for crying out loud.

do you really know what goes on with other fighters pay negotiations with the UFC? in particular those on the prelims?

TheRaider - Thanks! Good info here.

TTT for big sexy Phone Post

TopGrinder -  I am curious to see a top fighters perspective on this situation especially one with a ppv cut

Watch the video Dana put up today. They got ESPNs interviews with Liddell, Franklin, and Serra. Nothing but good things said. Phone Post

As far as McCorkle's post goes, I am glad to see something like this. Someone ESPN didn't try to taint, but not one of the megastars of the promotion. Hope to see you back in the ranks soon! Phone Post

McCorkle will get another fight in the UFC with this post.   

Great thread Mr McCorkle, gives a bit of direct insight into the whole issue even though it's not really any of our business. Good on you for explaining things a bit and giving the fans hat they want to know.

I know this question is a bit off-topic, so I'm not expecting an answer here, but you said in your OP that you've had successful businesses and once employed 130 people. I would like to ask if you had any tips on how to build a successful business. I'm not intending to start one in the near future, but maybe in a few years time if I have the funds.

Well said McCorkle Phone Post

Great post Sean, thanks for taking the time to give us some insight.

Haulport - Sean I respect you but:

a) Anything you say in regards to Zuffa is tainted because you want to be employed by them in the future.

b) If the numbers you are reporting are true why didn't Lorenzo just say, "Oh those $6k numbers are just a base. Our guys are making a minimum of X and I can prove it." He would have ended all conversations on the subject and I don't think ESPN would have even aired the special...

Everyone's opinion is tainted by personal experience. EVERYONE. Just like yours when you seek to put a negative Zuffa spin on so many things or Ryann VonDim who sees a Zuffa conspiracy everywhere he looks.

BrunoMcGyver - Great thread Mr McCorkle, gives a bit of direct insight into the whole issue even though it's not really any of our business. Good on you for explaining things a bit and giving the fans hat they want to know.

I know this question is a bit off-topic, so I'm not expecting an answer here, but you said in your OP that you've had successful businesses and once employed 130 people. I would like to ask if you had any tips on how to build a successful business. I'm not intending to start one in the near future, but maybe in a few years time if I have the funds.

im also wondering about your 130 employee business. what was this business? how long was it run, etc. i dont understand why somone would be a professional fighter when has a successful business... let alone one that employes 130 people. many successful business employ less than a tenth of that... and imho would be a better career choice.

good post

Mcsnorkle has nailed it. Can't help but think a lot of this is just about the American busybody fascination with what the guy next door is earning. Some people just blindly hate the man. Phone Post

Good post and info Phone Post

Ttt thanx for sharing Phone Post