How To Embarrass Your Opponents

In this video I show a very simple and effective Seated Guard Pass for gi and no gi.

This move is SUPER effective and one of the most underused moves in BJJ. It looks a lot like a leg drag, which is very popular right now, but has some added control because you are getting control of the hand as well.

This is very sneaky because the grip starts with the hands. Most often people go straight to dominating the legs. I teach my students that the legs are pathways to the hips and we can use that pathway to dominate, control and pass.

Most good Guard players will make sure to put their hands palm up on their legs to create a barrier between themselves and the person trying to pass Guard. Under no circumstances should you ever let anyone control your legs while in seated Guard.

After taking a same side grip it is literally as easy as snatching the ankle and pulling it to the side. Reference the video to make sure that you get the angle correct. Once you get them spun open you can lead with whichever knee you would like. I prefer the inside knee first as it is the first one to clear the hips.

Try this out, let me know what you think.

sub

Sub Phone Post

up

4 later Phone Post

iPhone? Phone Post

. Phone Post

Sub Phone Post

is there something specific that I need to do in order to make it so that Iphones can watch this?  I'm not intentionally hating on the Iphone. 

I'm going to embarrass some mofos, especially the idiots that want to get their guard passed.

compliments of gerbil

I'm used to doing it with the other foot but i'll try it that way...

Gerbiljiujitsu -  is there something specific that I need to do in order to make it so that Iphones can watch this?  I'm not intentionally hating on the Iphone. 

No idea. What's the name of the video on YouTube? I can just look it up that way since I found your channel Phone Post

cool

Gerbiljiujitsu -  is there something specific that I need to do in order to make it so that Iphones can watch this?  I'm not intentionally hating on the Iphone. 

The Definitive Guide to Posting Videos on the OG 

(78) [1890] by Musashi - 1 2 3 4

i have to say that this is one of the most helpful vids that ive seen from you, and most of what u put out always has small details, tips, etc that i use.
i have tended to use this pass, or set it up slightly differently. and i can see the benefit that ur set up has over how ive been doing it.
marcelo garcia had a similar type of pass in one of his earlier dvds, but ive found that if the opponent grips up on you then it can nullify the pass. your set up doesnt allow them to control u as much

Sub zero Phone Post

In for later Phone Post

I thought you were going to show the clown sweep...That's embarrassing.

I work variations of this from nearly every position...The one you showed, butterfly, 1/2 guard...just about everywhere.

If I do lead with that left knee, I will usually scrape it across his shoulder over his bicep and pin his arm. It's an early set up for either americana with my legs or triangle from N/S.

nice

I have a brown belt that does this to me...he does embarrass me when he does it, lol.