How to increase ones red cell count?

I just found out that my family has a genetic issue. We have very small red blood cells. There is nothing that can be done about it. However, our cell count is normal

This explains why my cardio has always sucked. I literally have to breathe 50% harder than most people to get the same O2 to my cells.

So, how can I increase my red cell count without having to eat liver? Iron and copper supplements and exercise seem to be all that I do.

Ideas? Experiences?

I just found out that my family has a genetic issue. We have very small red blood cells. There is nothing that can be done about it. However, our cell count is normal https://testmyspeed.onl/

This explains why my cardio has always sucked. I lithttps://19216811.cam/

erally have to breathe 50% harder than most people to get the same O2 to my cells.

So, how can I increase my red cell count without having to eat liver? Iron and copper supplements and exercise seem to be all that I do.

Ideas? Experiences? https://xender.vip/

issue solved!!

Testosterone? I mean it increases red blood cell count…

2 Likes

I just found out that my family has a genetic issue. We have very small red blood cells. There is nothing that can be done about it. However, our cell count is normal

This explains why my cardio has always sucked. I literally have to breathe 50% harder than most people to get the same O2 to my cells.

Ideas? Experiences?

Eating foods rich in these five nutrients can help you improve your red blood cell levels.

Iron

Eating an iron-rich diet can increase your body’s production of RBCs. Iron-rich foods include:

• red meat, such as beef
  • organ meat, such as kidney and liver
  • dark, leafy, green vegetables, such as spinach and kale
  • dried fruits, such as prunes and raisins
  • beans
  • legumes
  • egg yolks

Folic acid

Adding certain B vitamins to your diet can also be beneficial. Foods high in vitamin B-9 (folic acid) include:

• enriched breads
  • enriched cereals
  • dark, leafy, green vegetables, such as spinach and kale
  • beans
  • lentils
  • peas
  • nuts

Vitamin B-12

Foods high in vitamin B-12 include:

• red meat, such as beef
  • fish
  • dairy products, such as milk and cheese
  • eggs

Copper

Copper intake doesn’t directly result in RBC production, but it can help your RBCs access the iron they need to replicate. Foods high in copper include:

• poultry
  • shellfish
  • liver
  • beans
  • cherries
  • nuts

Vitamin A

Vitamin A (retinol) also supports RBC production in this manner. Foods rich in vitamin A include:

• dark, leafy green vegetables, such as spinach and kale
  • sweet potatoes
  • squash
  • carrots
  • red peppers
  • fruits, such as watermelon, grapefruit, and cantaloupe
1 Like

Drugs like EPO, testosterone, or autologous blood transfusions would help. Normal training would improve, even with a genetic deficiency, and high-altitude hypoxic training would further boost it.

Keep in mind though, that IHT or intermittent hypoxic training, e.g. workout out with a scuba mask, does nothing except training your mental fortitude against tiredeness. Beyond that it’s placebo since it actually hinders your ability to improve cardio/stamina.

Basically, since you can’t enlarge your RBCs, you’d want to spike the count in a sustainable and healthy way, i.e. in a manner that won’t spike your clotting risk like EPO.

Definitely talk to your doc or a sports medicine doc with a bg. Internists with a haem specialty might also have some insight if you can get referred from arguing your condition is preventing basic exercise and harming your quality of life.