How to start a fight....

I'm a really nice guy. Seriously. In the last 12 years I've been in exactly three "fights" (I'm 25). None of them were really fights:

I KO'd a street punk who stole my bag and wouldn't give it back,

I punched a guy who shoved me at a Beasty Boys concert,

And I put a guy in a wrist lock and grabbed him by the throat when he tried to start a fight with me for no reason at a bus stop.

I have been doing some form of martial arts since I was 14 and started boxing. I am always anxious to try out stuff I've learned, but I never get the chance because I'm too nice to start fights. So how does one go about initiating a fight with out being a prick?

Train, enter a contest and fight. That way, you get to fight and stay out of jail.

your being a prick if you start one....
why go and pick a fight,when you can join a gym and train/roll with someone who knows what hes doing and "really" test out what you are made of....
makes no sense to me why you would want to start a fight....and then say you DONT want to be a prick about it either....

Here's some methods I've been working on:

I go to Concordia in Montreal. I'm Jewish. I've started wearing my IDF (Isreal Defence Forces) T-shirt everywhere I go. Eventually someone will have a problem with it....

I snear derisivly at the the Shaolin Kung-Fu class that comes in after my BJJ class. Maybe they'll want to "spar"....

I glare at people who bump into me and don't say anything.....

Sigh...... I think the problem is that whenever it seems like someone might fight me I get really excited and smile a lot (I smile a lot anyway). I think this makes people warry and then tend to just say something like "Fuck you, man" and walk away.

Anyone else have this problem?

good morning KKM!

"Train, enter a contest and fight. That way, you get to fight and stay out of jail."

Ya. That's the best way no question. Problem is I don't have time to train enough to enter an MMA fight.

"your being a prick if you start one.... why go and pick a fight,when you can join a gym and train/roll with someone who knows what hes doing and "really" test out what you are made of.... makes no sense to me why you would want to start a fight....and then say you DONT want to be a prick about it either...."

Okay, well the whole point of my thread is that I DON'T start fights. Yes, that makes you a prick. And I train quite regularly. I just wanna see if I can apply what I've learned in a real situation. Is that so hard to understand?

"good morning KKM!"

Yo! I've got nearly 2500 posts! Who's KKM?!

Go to a bar and hit on some married women. If their husband is with them then there's your fight. If their husband isn't with them, dp and post pics...

The "hitting on some guys wife/girlfriend" thing is just being an asshole.

Maybe I'll get my girlfriend to dress really slutty, come out with me and wait for someone to hit on her!

the "face push" is a sure-fire way to have a fight. You can also choose to stink palm your hand first by rubbing it in your ass. Either way, palming then pushing anyone in their face will result in a violent reaction.

"So how does one go about initiating a fight with out being a prick?"---- NOT POSSIBLE

LOL! Ya, I could stink-hand someone, but that's pretty solidly in the "being a prick" camp.

roll2win has most likely picked a fight with the correct.

*sigh*

If your doing something to start a fight, your already being a prick. My only suggestion would be to hang around a really bad place. Go to a bad bar, go up to some huge guy and start throwing things/yelling at him. Make sure he has lots of friends with him. Make sure he's way bigger than you. Try to pick someone who looks like they've fought alot. Broken nose, lots of facial scarring.

Starting a fight with a normal/good guy is just going to ruin his night, not something that's worth you gaining some fight experience. That's your shit, not his.

Again - starting a fight is kinda stupid. I just got in a pretty good scrap, and I got kicked in the face, right in the eye. I could have seriously damaged my eye. If your against getting some scars or being really sore for a while, I wouldn't do it. Add in the possible assault charge, and you've got yourself a really bad night.

"Starting a fight with a normal/good guy is just going to ruin his night, not something that's worth you gaining some fight experience. That's your shit, not his."

No question.

"If your against getting some scars or being really sore for a while, I wouldn't do it. Add in the possible assault charge, and you've got yourself a really bad night."

Well, I'm covered in scars, so that's not really a problem, but I'm criminal-record free and I'd like to keep it that way.

I guess I really just want someone to start a fight with me. All my methods involve trying to get someone else to start it. Maybe that's a contradiction.

Start ounching yourself in a parking lot outside a dive bar at 3 a.m.. When you attract attention, start a fight club in the basement.

"How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"

-some guy in some movie

What's Fight Club?

I'll meet you at the Loyola campus and push you into the bushes, then the gloves are off!! haha, just kidding!

Looks like all those times you defended yourself well.

mentalmidget: Do you go to Concordia?

Agent2600: Ya, I didn't have a probelm in my few encounters but they weren't really fights. Although putting that guy in a wrist-lock was a huge rush. He just froze and I let him go. Then he went to another bus stop.