How unprofessional / immature is Dana? 1-10 ?

How many times do they have to explain it to you fucking amateur business people on the UG??

You can't compare MMA Salaries to NFL right now or MLB or any other major sport because the REVENUE in MMA is nothing close to Revenue generated in NFL/MLB/NBA etc.

You fucking numbnuts kill me with this same fucking "oh Dana is driving a Ferrari" and "dana is shafting their fighters big time." Like Dana or not, he is good for the sport and is a good guy. He always is fair and gives guys good bonuses etc. How many fucking tickets does he give out to guys? I see him giving free UFC stuff all the time to UGers.

I guess it's no point in arguing guys that know nothing of businesses. Whatever, just quit comparing MMA salaries to other professional sports for the time being. Wait till MMA grows (thanks to Dana) and then you can start comparing it.

da Vinci 81 - ^^ Lol, one day you might actually learn a thing or two about how the business world works.

teach us, da vinci 81 brain cells. im listening.

da Vinci 81 - ^^ Lol, one day you might actually learn a thing or two about how the business world works.

serious how old are you?

bulletmagnet - How many times do they have to explain it to you fucking amateur business people on the UG??

You can't compare MMA Salaries to NFL right now or MLB or any other major sport because the REVENUE in MMA is nothing close to Revenue generated in NFL/MLB/NBA etc.

You fucking numbnuts kill me with this same fucking "oh Dana is driving a Ferrari" and "dana is shafting their fighters big time." Like Dana or not, he is good for the sport and is a good guy. He always is fair and gives guys good bonuses etc. How many fucking tickets does he give out to guys? I see him giving free UFC stuff all the time to UGers.

I guess it's no point in arguing guys that know nothing of businesses. Whatever, just quit comparing MMA salaries to other professional sports for the time being. Wait till MMA grows (thanks to Dana) and then you can start comparing it.

are you the "GET A BRAIN MORAN!" guy?

nobody in this thread compared UFC salary to MLB, NBA or NFL.

Go take some reading classes before critiquing other peoples' business knowledge.

^^ A lot older than you by the sounds of it.

Don's Johnson,

Go make a fight organization of your own since you know so much about business you cock sucker.

mrmetoo - At least he pays his fighters

Sarcasm?

ManhoefKOAnderson - Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most unprofessional and immature, how would you rate Dana White ?

We get it. You don't like Dana White. It's evident from every one of your posts. Not sure that it needed its own thread IMO.

ManhoefKOAnderson - Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most unprofessional and immature, how would you rate Dana White ?

Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most unprofessional and immature, how would you rate your threads and posts?

blue63 - D0N Johnson - Chuck makes 2-3 million per PPV. he can afford Ferraris.Rampage makes less than that. He can afford an R8.Those 2 and Brock top the list for what MMA fighters get paid.For the same amount of PPV numbers..... Mayweather gets 30 million.We're not talking even comparable money. Like okay Brock gets paid 20 million compared to Mayweather's 30 Mil. We're talking 10% LMAODana is robbing his fighters blind. If you can't see that then you're either a zuffa employee/complete idiot.

There are how many big boxing shows a year? 4? 6 at most?

There are how many big UFC shows (excluding every other MMA promotion out there)? Twice that. Now add in Strikeforce, Dream, etc...

Combine that with the fact boxing sells more PPVs per event, has bigger corporate sponsors, has been around for exponentially longer than MMA and it's not hard to comprehend why boxers still make more money. The money WILL get there in MMA, it will just take time. I honestly believe that within the next 10 years, another zero will be added to the end of paychecks pretty much across the board in MMA.

Rocky Marciano or Jack Dempsey wasn't making 30 million per fight either, it took the sport a LONG time to get where guys can make that kind of money.

Actually, boxing was huge. Dempsey was the first fighter to draw a million-dollar gate. I'd be interested to see how Dempsey's numbers compare with modern numbers when inflation is compensated for.

Its funny.

At times he seems like a little kid who throws a tantrum and insults everyone and anyone when he doesnt get his way or hears or finds out something he doesnt like.

Other times, like when Nover/Stout was cancelled or Corey Hill gets injured, all indications seem like hes a really great guy and takes care of them if they are in a bad situation.

Same with Stephan Bonnar. Everytime Bonnar loses, he assures him he like his son and he will get taken care of.

why does everyone have to hate instead of support the sport you love? this thread is vtfd 

blue63 - 
grachuss - 
mrmetoo - 
D0N Johnson - 

Dana White drives a Ferrari and his fighters drive Malibus.

What is Mayweather driving?

I was referring to the fact that Coker screwed 2 of his fighters out of money last night.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!??

During the undercard portion of Saturday's Strikeforce show the Mark Miller v. Deray Davis fight was skipped over from it's scheduled slot to make sure the women's bout would have adequate time to get in before the start of the CBS broadcast. The ladies only took a few minutes to get their fight taken care of and there were thirty minutes left before the show went live. Still, the Miller/Davis fight didn't happen. We were told in the media section that the fight was going to be moved to after the main event. I'm not sure who provided that update but it was passed around from media member to media member.

After the post-Fedor madness cleared from the cage we were told to get upstairs for the press conference and it was clear that the Miller/Davis fight wasn't taking place. I tried to ask the few executives I saw walking around for the story and no one seemed to know.

Mark Miller vs Deray Davis was canceled by fight organizers due to lack of time. A real un-cool decision. Both fighters prepared for this evening and were told with no advance noticed what-so-ever. At the moment they would be walking out on the floor for their match, Miller and Davis were informed that they were canceled! Fighters stood stand-by in shock trying to understand how this became their evening's destiny.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/8/1121285/what-happened-to-mark-miller-v

This cost both guys a chance at their win money, sponsor money, 6+week training camp, weight cut (which always fucking sucks), etc.

not to mention since they were undercarders they werent comped any tickets even though both were hometown Chicago guys... so their families paid to get in and didn't even get to watch them fight.

blue63:

HolySh!t that is just wrong, thanks for the Info, there should be legal action taken against Strikeforce...that is an a$$rape if I ever heard one!!!

D0N Johnson - 

Chuck's driving a Ferrari, and not all boxers are making Mayweather money.

blue63 - 
Lord Kancho - 
blue63 - D0N Johnson - Chuck makes 2-3 million per PPV. he can afford Ferraris.Rampage makes less than that. He can afford an R8.Those 2 and Brock top the list for what MMA fighters get paid.For the same amount of PPV numbers..... Mayweather gets 30 million.We're not talking even comparable money. Like okay Brock gets paid 20 million compared to Mayweather's 30 Mil. We're talking 10% LMAODana is robbing his fighters blind. If you can't see that then you're either a zuffa employee/complete idiot.

There are how many big boxing shows a year? 4? 6 at most?

There are how many big UFC shows (excluding every other MMA promotion out there)? Twice that. Now add in Strikeforce, Dream, etc...

Combine that with the fact boxing sells more PPVs per event, has bigger corporate sponsors, has been around for exponentially longer than MMA and it's not hard to comprehend why boxers still make more money. The money WILL get there in MMA, it will just take time. I honestly believe that within the next 10 years, another zero will be added to the end of paychecks pretty much across the board in MMA.

Rocky Marciano or Jack Dempsey wasn't making 30 million per fight either, it took the sport a LONG time to get where guys can make that kind of money.

Actually, boxing was huge. Dempsey was the first fighter to draw a million-dollar gate. I'd be interested to see how Dempsey's numbers compare with modern numbers when inflation is compensated for.
Dempsey also talked about fighting guys like Gunboat Smith and Fireman Flynn for $500...

and gate != fighter salary.

Well, considering Gone With the Wind is the most successful movie of all time and considering 1946 is (by FAR) the highest grossing year for Hollywood EVER, I'd like to see Dempsey's numbers (gate and salary) adjusted for inlation. Boxing was the most prestige sport in the world back then, I bet the numbers are pretty impressive by today's standards.

ManhoefKOAnderson - Don Johnson is correct all over this thread.

And if UFC and Pride folded in 2007, there would be other organizations that would rise up. You would probably see IFL, Bodog, and Affliction still in biz.

DREAM would probably pick up a bulk of the top guys too making Dream an even BETTER show.

thats quite a sweet little fantasy world youve contructed there... downright precious IMO

da Vinci 81 - ^^ A lot older than you by the sounds of it.

Waiting on my VTFD button to come back.

Quit talking out of your ass kid, after a bunch of long posts you make less and less sense and your only rebuttal is "OGM TAKE A BIDNESS CALSS", if anybody needs one it's you (at least judging by your pointless posts blown out of your ass).

Jonson's right, you're probably 16 or 17 and think you're awesome with your high school economics class, trying to throw around some "big" words like "different business model".

You lost the little credibility your first posts gave you, just sit the fuck down.

D0N Johnson - 
ManhoefKOAnderson - 
D0N Johnson - 

Pat Berry is eating rice and ketchup packets.

he would be IFFF he didn't win the KO bonus and the fight of the night bonus. When's the last time that's even happened?

It's like winning the lottery. He's the exception not the rule.

lol at the exception when Rick Story got a double bonus the previous UFC, but don't let facts and logic get in the way as always. .

hugojkd - 
TheBear228 - 
johnsonbarr -  10.  I can't stand the man

I love douchebags like you. Without Dana White at the helm, Zuffa would have never gotten off the ground again. The UFC would never had gotten this big. Pride still would have folded like a cheap accordian, and we'd be left with nothing.

Do you honestly think Strikeforce could afford to pay for big name talent without all of the publicity, press, and growth of MMA in North America caused by the resurgence of the UFC under Zuffa? Strikeforce would be right now what it was five years ago; a decent mid-level promotion without any capital to pay good money to the fighters we love anyway.

MMA would be jack shit in the United States without Dana White. Hate on him all you want, the truth is what it is.

Christ almighty, how many times has the whole Dana's the MMA Messiah been refuted? Gotta love revisionist history.

To answer the OP, yeah, Dana is an immature, unprofessional cunt that could easily be replaced by a monkey with an MBA.

100% Disagree nobody works harder and spins harder than DW and the UFC is where it is today because of him.

There are hundreds of promoters out there trying to do what he does and have failed miserably. There are big money players who have tried to get a piece of the proverbial pie and they too have failed.

Dana White love him or hate him is the fucking man. Even if you hate him you are still talking about him and his product and that's all he wants in the first place.

This thread is just more evidence of what a good job he does do IMO.

The difference between boxing and MMA at the highest level is that in boxing, the fighters ARE the business. In MMA, the fighters are still just employees.