How unprofessional / immature is Dana? 1-10 ?

"Do you look at Zuffa's balance sheets for this info?"

Ah, no. To determine Zuffa's profit/net income over a given period, we would look at it's Income Statement. If we wanted to determine Zuffa's net worth on a given day we would look at it's balance sheet.

TheBear228 - johnsonbarr -  10.  I can't stand the man I love douchebags like you. Without Dana White at the helm, Zuffa would have never gotten off the ground again. The UFC would never had gotten this big. Pride still would have folded like a cheap accordian, and we'd be left with nothing.Do you honestly think Strikeforce could afford to pay for big name talent without all of the publicity, press, and growth of MMA in North America caused by the resurgence of the UFC under Zuffa? Strikeforce would be right now what it was five years ago; a decent mid-level promotion without any capital to pay good money to the fighters we love anyway.MMA would be jack shit in the United States without Dana White. Hate on him all you want, the truth is what it is.

Hey genius, the thing that got the UFC off the ground again was TUF. Guess what, Dana was against it.Other than DW being a loud, arrogant tool, who holds a grudge like a 13yr old girl I don't have a problem with him hes done some good for the sport.

if you dont like his personality, thats one thing. but i would take what he's done for MMA and the UFC vs. his "controversial" personality any day of the week.

hugojkd - 
BowWower - 
hugojkd - 
TheBear228 - 
johnsonbarr -  10.  I can't stand the man

I love douchebags like you. Without Dana White at the helm, Zuffa would have never gotten off the ground again. The UFC would never had gotten this big. Pride still would have folded like a cheap accordian, and we'd be left with nothing.

Do you honestly think Strikeforce could afford to pay for big name talent without all of the publicity, press, and growth of MMA in North America caused by the resurgence of the UFC under Zuffa? Strikeforce would be right now what it was five years ago; a decent mid-level promotion without any capital to pay good money to the fighters we love anyway.

MMA would be jack shit in the United States without Dana White. Hate on him all you want, the truth is what it is.

Christ almighty, how many times has the whole Dana's the MMA Messiah been refuted? Gotta love revisionist history.

To answer the OP, yeah, Dana is an immature, unprofessional cunt that could easily be replaced by a monkey with an MBA.

100% Disagree nobody works harder and spins harder than DW and the UFC is where it is today because of him.

There are hundreds of promoters out there trying to do what he does and have failed miserably. There are big money players who have tried to get a piece of the proverbial pie and they too have failed.

Dana White love him or hate him is the fucking man. Even if you hate him you are still talking about him and his product and that's all he wants in the first place.

This thread is just more evidence of what a good job he does do IMO.

Outside of getting the Fertittas involved, please explain to me what it is exactly that Dana's done to get the UFC "to where it is today"?

The facts are this: pre-TUF, under Dana's management the UFC was $20-$40 million in debt & on the verge of being sold. TUF was a last ditch effort to save the UFC. Dana was against it, he wanted to do a reality show called "American Promoter" about his life as a manager.

The Fertittas went ahead anyway, the rest is history.

Under Dana's leadership, the UFC almost went bankrupt, & he was against TUF, which is what ultimately saved the UFC. So explain to me how he's "the fucking man"? He got the Fertittas involved, if anything, he's had a golden horseshoe up his ass & is a classic example of someone benefiting from cronyism.

As it stands right now, Dana has been unable to get the UFC on a major network & was unable to sign the best heavy in the world (& maybe the greatest MMA fighter of all time), Fedor.

If the UFC was to rely on Dana's decision making, they would've been in debt, sold off, & marginalized. The UFC has managed to succeed IN SPITE of BLAF's leadership, not because of it.

TUF was the catalyst for the growth of North American MMA there is no denying it but if you think it doesn't take a significant amount of work to carry that momentum and turn the UFC into what it is currently you are blind.

Dana is on top of marketing the UFC and is the man when it comes to promoting his product. He is on top of new media ideas like Video Blogs and Twitter to promote his product and has made himself the face of his product. The guy makes himself 100% accessible to the fans which is something people like Bud Selig and Roger Goodell do not do.

Everyone shits on him for making himself the face of the organization but from a business sense it is 100% the right move.

Dana White will never lose a fight to Seth Petruzelli and he will never leave the UFC for more money from another organization. If you think that's a coincidence and not by design you're dreaming.

Also, if signing Fedor was the key to promotional success Calvin Ayre, Tom Atencio and Sakakibara would all be the Presidents of the largest and most successful MMA organization on the planet and not the supposed incompetent Dana White.

No doubt the UFC has become a great business. But is it great for MMA as a whole? That remains to be seen, imo.

hugojkd - 
BowWower - 

TUF was the catalyst for the growth of North American MMA there is no denying it but if you think it doesn't take a significant amount of work to carry that momentum and turn the UFC into what it is currently you are blind.

Dana is on top of marketing the UFC and is the man when it comes to promoting his product. He is on top of new media ideas like Video Blogs and Twitter to promote his product and has made himself the face of his product. The guy makes himself 100% accessible to the fans which is something people like Bud Selig and Roger Goodell do not do.

Everyone shits on him for making himself the face of the organization but from a business sense it is 100% the right move.

Dana White will never lose a fight to Seth Petruzelli and he will never leave the UFC for more money from another organization. If you think that's a coincidence and not by design you're dreaming.

Also, if signing Fedor was the key to promotional success Calvin Ayre, Tom Atencio and Sakakibara would all be the Presidents of the largest and most successful MMA organization on the planet and not the supposed incompetent Dana White.

You are blind to the fact that Dana's decision making almost bankrupt the UFC. You refuse to accept that he was against TUF, which is what saved the UFC & catapulted MMA's popularity in North America.

There wouldn't be any Twitter or Blogs for you to follow if the Fertittas didn't overwrite Dana's incompetent decision making. Millions follow idiots like Telia Tequila on Twitter & YouTube, they tend to be in high school. What's your point?

Do you really follow UFC because you're so interested in what a promoter does? Do you give a damn about Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, or Don King? They're pretty accessible. Let me put it to you in terms you'll understand: DO YOU WANNA BE A FUCKIN' MMA FAN?!? Most people I know watch the UFC despite Dana, not because of him. Only die-hard fanbois who's pussies get wet every time BLAF says "fuck" give a goddamn about what Dana says.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Aug-20-Sun-2006/news/9032763.html

From BLAF himself:

"White said the company was close to being forced to fold in late 2004, when he said debt from the first four years of ownership had reached eight figures. The debt has been reported to be as much as $40 million and as little as $20 million."

Can't post videos at work, but search YouTube for BLAF saying how he was against TUF & wanted to do AP.

As for Fedor, as long as he's around, there will always be ?'s about the legitimacy of the UFC's heavies without having the best heavy in the history of the sport under your org.

From a business perspective, it would make more sense if BALF just sat down, STUF, & ran his business like a business instead of a self-serving high school drama. Imagine being a TV exec & having to deal with this clown in any kind of negotiation? Randy talk about how his management was shocked & BLAF' immaturity during negotiations. You think an exec from a major network's gonna put with a douchey clown cursing like a 14 year old girl with a yeast infection & Tourette's?

I'm referring to carrying the momentum of TUF and turning the UFC into what it is. Whether or not he was bankrupting the company before TUF is irrelevant because now it is a viable business.

It really all boils down to this, the UFC is the most profitable Mixed Martial Arts Organization on the planet and Dana White and his eccentric methods are the driving force behind it right now.

You can insinuate you know that it would make more sense business wise for him to STFU but when his methods have turned it into a billion dollar industry who the fuck are you to tell him otherwise.

Facts are facts UFC is profitable, Dana is the President of the UFC and many other MMA organizations have recently gone bankrupt.

He is doing something right whether you like it or not.

Though he's done tons for the sport, Dana is one messed up kid. He acts very childish and is very unprofessional.

Probably one of the reasons CBS would not deal with him.

No doubt, whether you like him or not, he's a 10 in that he's awful.

Cocker on the other hand is very professional and classy.

Dana knows what he's doing. They work on those talking points he repeats in the media over and over again. They take a page from political campaigns because it works. A side effect is that it ups negative opinion but it's a tradeoff as it gets some repeating it word for word. The idea is to create a vortex where everything revolves around how they want to frame opinions. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what's right, it's the mindshare. Dumb over the top opinions attract more attention and news loves controversy.

That said, I see him called a douche everywhere so maybe they've overdone it a little bit

blue63 - 
D0N Johnson - 
mrmetoo - At least he pays his fighters

Dana White drives a Ferrari and his fighters drive Malibus.

What is Mayweather driving?

Chuck drives a Ferrari F430 too. Rampage drives a brand new Audi R8 and he has a monster truck. Etc. Etc.

Not to mention that Dana just GIVES guys who coach TUF Hummers/Escalades...

Your vehemently anti-Zuffa hate is what moronic wannabe trolls do when they're not bright enough to actually troll with something witty like CRE or Train Judo or Crooklyn...

Dana doesnt JUST GIVE guys jack shit.... sponsers donate that shit to get air time... you think Dana/UFC bought those hummers dumb ass????

hugojkd - 
BowWower - 

I'm referring to carrying the momentum of TUF and turning the UFC into what it is. Whether or not he was bankrupting the company before TUF is irrelevant because now it is a viable business.

It really all boils down to this, the UFC is the most profitable Mixed Martial Arts Organization on the planet and Dana White and his eccentric methods are the driving force behind it right now.

You can insinuate you know that it would make more sense business wise for him to STFU but when his methods have turned it into a billion dollar industry who the fuck are you to tell him otherwise.

Facts are facts UFC is profitable, Dana is the President of the UFC and many other MMA organizations have recently gone bankrupt.

The fact is people like you can't name one thing he's actually done to back up your argument while I gave concrete examples of how his incompetence nearly ruined the UFC. The fact is he's president cause of cronyism. The fact is the UFC is a multi-billion org despite BLAF, not because of his mystical, esoteric methods.

Who the fuck are you to spout revisionist propaganda without facts or anything to offer but claiming Dana's "the man"?

The fact is you have no facts to back up your position, you just want some fantasy-land CEO to worship & are emotionally invested in Dana White.

You act as if you were a Zuffa shill & a Dana White lapdog - the name BowWower fits you perfectly.

People like you are the reason why TUF era noobs get such a bad rap around here.

Do you actually want me to go through a list of success for the UFC over the last couple years?

Dana White and UFC enter partnership with THQ:
http://www.5thround.com/news/6273/ufc-undisputed-2009-helps-thq-turn-q1-profit/

Dana White and UFC offer Kimbo shot on TUF. TUF does record ratings:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/10/03/slice_tuf/

Dana White and UFC partner with biggest action toy maker in North America
http://www.mmaonline.com/headlines/ufc-and-jakks-partner-up-for-ufc-toy-line/

Dana White the UFC and Founder of 24 hour fitness create UFC style gyms.
http://sanfrancisco.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2009/06/08/story2.html

Dana White and the UFC partner with Verizon and Comcast and launch UFC on demand.
http://www.itvt.com/story/4830/tvn-ufc-deal-offer-ufc-demand-comcast

Dude is expanding the brand and getting his product noticed and the UFC is a success because of it.

There are just a few examples.

You can go on your rant as much as you want about how they succeed in spite of him. But the facts are that the UFC and its president are making money where other organizations are not.

If it was so easy to throw any idiot behind Dana's desk for the UFC to be successful why aren't these other organizations succeeding?

Dana is the man.  All who say different are jealous haterz!!!!!

Pink Bunkadoo - 
BowWower - 
hugojkd - 
BowWower - 

The fact is people like you can't name one thing he's actually done to back up your argument while I gave concrete examples of how his incompetence nearly ruined the UFC. The fact is he's president cause of cronyism. The fact is the UFC is a multi-billion org despite BLAF, not because of his mystical, esoteric methods.

Who the fuck are you to spout revisionist propaganda without facts or anything to offer but claiming Dana's "the man"?

The fact is you have no facts to back up your position, you just want some fantasy-land CEO to worship & are emotionally invested in Dana White.

You act as if you were a Zuffa shill & a Dana White lapdog - the name BowWower fits you perfectly.

People like you are the reason why TUF era noobs get such a bad rap around here.

Do you actually want me to go through a list of success for the UFC over the last couple years?

Dana White and the UFC partner with Verizon and Comcast and launch UFC on demand.

Dude is expanding the brand and getting his product noticed and the UFC is a success because of it.

You can go on your rant as much as you want about how they succeed in spite of him. But the facts are that the UFC and its president are making money where other organizations are not.

If it was so easy to throw any idiot behind Dana's desk for the UFC to be successful why aren't these other organizations succeeding?

you are not even close to comprehending what he is saying. Give it up, you are in over your head.

Why because he asked for facts and I listed some.

Brilliant analysis buck-O. If I am lacking comprehension on the matter.... enlighten me.

Otherwise STFU ya FacKin GoOF!

You all need to realize that any business man would not have touched the UFC with a stick. Dana isn't a college educated business man, which is why he saw the potential in the sport. Cause if it was that odvious that MMA would blow up like this someone would've been there Day 1 like Dana was. 2 million to make 500+ in 10 years? That's a solid investment. People make fun of Danas resume Pre-Zuffa, I see a hustler and a salesman and that's what this sport needed. Dana is the one who decided to organize rules and work with athletic commissions. Dana is the one who fought to get the UFC on PPV (which it wasn't before Zuffa). Dana is the one that has fought and got almost every state to regulate MMA. I don't see Cocker hiring lawyers to lobby NY. Another point you guys are missing is Dana White is the President of the company, its his job to hire the right people. Everything UFC has Dana's finger prints on it, everything is okay'd by Dana before release. For instance Dana doesn't make fights, that's Joe Silva's job. But Dana is the one that okays it. You are an idiot if you believe any monkey can do this job. Look around, Pride, Elite XC, Afflicition were all given a blue print on how to be a MMA promoter and failed. Can you explain why that is if anyone can run a business...don't worry ill wait.

aznstar_inc - You all need to realize that any business man would not have touched the UFC with a stick. Dana isn't a college educated business man, which is why he saw the potential in the sport. Cause if it was that odvious that MMA would blow up like this someone would've been there Day 1 like Dana was. 2 million to make 500+ in 10 years? That's a solid investment. People make fun of Danas resume Pre-Zuffa, I see a hustler and a salesman and that's what this sport needed. Dana is the one who decided to organize rules and work with athletic commissions. Dana is the one who fought to get the UFC on PPV (which it wasn't before Zuffa). Dana is the one that has fought and got almost every state to regulate MMA. I don't see Cocker hiring lawyers to lobby NY. Another point you guys are missing is Dana White is the President of the company, its his job to hire the right people. Everything UFC has Dana's finger prints on it, everything is okay'd by Dana before release. For instance Dana doesn't make fights, that's Joe Silva's job. But Dana is the one that okays it. You are an idiot if you believe any monkey can do this job. Look around, Pride, Elite XC, Afflicition were all given a blue print on how to be a MMA promoter and failed. Can you explain why that is if anyone can run a business...don't worry ill wait.

Except that Dana White wasn't the guy who invested in the UFC, it was the Fertitta's. It was their money, and they bought the company. Danas White is their emplyee, he works for them. It wasn't Dana's investment.

"Dana is the one who decided to organize rules and work with athletic commissions."

This is not in any way true. In fact the current unified rules were created by the SEG owned UFC, and they spent years pushing for them.

In fact, Lorenzo Fertitta voted against sanctioning mma when he was part of the Nevada Athletic Commission, and in an odd coincidence it was only after he quit and was planning on buying the UFC that sanctioning was granted.

Look at all the unhappy fighters leaving the UFC....wait

Ramsey - Look at all the unhappy fighters leaving the UFC....wait

Couture. Ortiz. BJ Penn. They all left. Sadly, they have nowhere to go....

hugojkd - 
BowWower -

LOL, did you seriously put Dana's name in front of those links in a lame effort to try & prove that all of that happened because of Dana's business acumen? Wow. BLAF's barely even mentioned in any of those articles. It makes me question the level of his involvement.

You do realize that Lorenzo Fertitta signed on the full time CEO back in June. The same Lorenzo who bought the UFC & who figured out that a reality show about the fighters rather than an egomaniac promoter was the best way to get out of the $20-$40 million hole Dana's leadership got them in. After all, Lorenzo does have actual business experience, it was mostly his $$$, & he is the guy who stepped in after Dana's ego almost screwed things up with Jon Fitch & AKA.

Although he's supposedly focusing on the international side of things, I can't help but wonder how much Lorenzo's responsible for, even though you wanna believe it's BLAF's mystical, unorthodox leadership. It wouldn't be the 1st time he stepped in to make sure numb-nuts Dana White didn't screw things up.

If you're looking for an MMA Messiah to worship, Lorenzo would be a better choice, although there's some shady crap about sanctioning & Nevada Athletic Commission that he's involved in. You can thank Lorenzo's leadership for the dolls & the UFC gyms, cause without him making the call on TUF, who knows what would've happened to the MMA in the USA.

Nice try with the "Dana White and the UFC" links though. You've prove nothing except a blind, Jihad-like devotion to your master. I'm beginning to wonder if you're a paid shill like orcus.

hugo is bad ass. Nice post my friend!!!