How will Dern do?

Mackenzie Dern has just signed with the ufc how will she go?

She gets wrecked by any of the top ten in the 125 or 115 division. 

She's going to get favorable opponents in her first few outings.  

stevekt -

She's going to get favorable opponents in her first few outings.  

Exactly, they know she is still early in her career and they will want to build her into a star to look for them to take it easy for the first year or two with her.

wont make weight

She won't go far with that kind of striking...

NeganAndersdottir -

Just like when Cindy dandois lit up Megan Anderson? 

She subs everyone besides the chicks she can’t takedown and get handled.

How come when someone with a world class skill set comes to MMA.. it’s either “there striking won’t hold up” or “they won’t last on the ground.” This forum spends half the time bashing women’s skill set, then when a world champion grappler comes in and everyone acts like every female in the UFC is dangerous on the feet. 

We’re talking a division where Carla Esparza is a world class fighter. Nothing against Esparza.. but Dern has a greater skill set than her already and they are letting her develop... then at 125lb everyone slobbers over Ostovich, but she’s “ok” probably not better than Dern... and Sarj is 2-2 and if she wouldn’t have missed weight, would be the flyweight champion. 

Also for the record I hate when they put meaningless women’s fights over men’s fights just for the sake of having women’s bouts on a main card. 

The reason why I doubt Dern is she is stuck in her ways. Shes a one trick pony. She took a long time to sort her diet and nutrition out and shes doing the same with her striking.

Her BJJ is worldclass no question but if her wrestling and striking dont improve fast she will end up like Ronda. 

She will end up the most successful WMMA fighter of all time if her wrestling and striking do t improve ?

Koga -

She will end up the most successful WMMA fighter of all time if her wrestling and striking do t improve ?

She has a lot to live up to if you want to label her most successful of all time. 

Actually think you guys are too hard on her.

I think she has made progress.

Her kicks are fast and strong via her dance background.

Her punches are hard, just not polished yet.

Her only downside is the MMALab.

MD next fight is agianst a grappler. 

I don't know if the UFC has enough sense to bring someone up smart.

She will be ok.

She will be awesome to look at but needs to work on her English in order to be marketable.

Im excited for that ass at weigh ins

I’d wreck her ass hole with my monster cock, then let her shit in my mount <3

NeganAndersdottir -

Ronda got pretty far with her horrible striking. 

Country Breakfast - I'd wreck her ass hole with my monster cock, then let her shit in my mount <3

you're trying very, very hard.

BRZ -
NeganAndersdottir -

Ronda got pretty far with her horrible striking. 

This, I think she will be fine.

I don’t see her beating the girls in the top 5 but she will be competitive with the rest of the top 10. Give her some time and she will be okay.

Shes gonna lose 1 of her first 2 fights and realize in the UFC, comp is a bit tougher, then she will either gatekeep or make a title run. Thing is, fighters will know her strength immediately and prepare for it. That will.make her job tougher so she has to train all her less instinctual skills bretter