How would Oliveira vs Khabib go down?

yea much like Mir in the second fight with Brock.
Khabib is by all accounts an exceptionally dominant fighter on the ground.

1 Like

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
This dude really compared Charles to Amir Khan and Overeem

you can discuss whatever you like and give your view. I’m comparing fighters with world class talents that have glaring chin flaws that always catch up eventually regardless of belt or run. Doesn’t seem funny but stick to children’s emojis/memes whatever.

1 Like

I’ll be the only one to agree with you lol. I saw a thread in here saying something about Oliveira’s great standup. Then I watched the fight & he got dropped a couple times just like last fight. He’s not having dominating fights, at least standing…

2 Likes

Khabib’s beaten far better strikers than Olivera.

Does Olivera have the takedown defence to stop Khabib? Fuck no.

He winds up on his back in seconds and gets mogged by a superior grappler. The same that will happen with Islam so there’s no need to speculate. Olivera has a slightly better chance against Islam because he’s not quite as good as Khabib nor is his chin, but Olivera’s a heavy underdog for a reason.

2 Likes

Islams already beaten superior grapplers than Olivera and he’s essentially Khabib lite.

1 Like

And did what? Gas his arms out and lose 10 seconds later. Khabib planned that.

Sure it was planned.

Oliveira also finished Gaethje and Poirier faster than Khabib.

Khabib said it was planned. Dustin did not complete the sub, and Khabib finished him seconds later.

He was playing chess with these boys.

Meanwhile your boy ACTUALLY got subbed by Pettis and Lamas.

You’re deluding yourself if you think he has anything for Islam or Khabib in the grappling just because he’s subbed a high number of lower level grapplers.

2 Likes

We could see Oliviera vs Khabib Lite (Islam) right now instead of dreaming up these fantasy fights, but him and his fans are too busy making excuses why the fight shouldn’t happen.

:joy:

3 Likes

I am not a khabib fan but he would ragdoll Charles badly

5 Likes

Khabib, not close. Khabib doesn’t run scared after knocking down Charles like Justin did.

Khabib and it would not be close. It comes down to strength and Khabib was huge for the weight class. If it went to the ground Charles has better jits but just don’t think he can finish Khabib. Charles sub attempts would just end up as attempts and eventually Khabib would finish him. Just my .02

Because Olivera would not be worried about the takedown. Khabib’s striking is effective but it depends on the threat of the takedown. if you were to take that away Conor (for example) destroys Khabib on the feet.

I don’t know who would win but obviously Olivera is a much better striker than Khabib.

If you think Charles wants to be underneath one of the most dominant p4p grapplers in UFC history you’re kidding yourself.

Being able to pull off subs doesn’t equate wanting to be under Khabib. He has good offensive striking but can be rocked and Khabib will rock him because he most definitely would hate the takedown and be cautious. Or he will do after his first taste of assault.

Nog thought the same vs Fedor. Mir thought the same against Brock. Palhares vs (Belcher I think). Rarely turns out well for the sub artist if guy on top is legit or in Khabib case all time great.

Reminds me of a peak Pettis who himself beat a younger Charles. The top grapplers aren’t caught easily in subs and Charles will absolutely be NOT wanting to have Khabib on top of him.

I didn’t say Charles would want to be on the ground with Khabib. Obviously he would want to keep the fight standing because he has a clear advantage there. But I don’t think he would fear the takedown the way Conor, Dustin and Justin did.

If the fight stays on the feet that probably wouldn’t turn out well for Khabib. On the ground is where it gets interesting. Charles has never faced anyone as good as Khabib on the ground but Khabib has never faced anyone as good as Charles on the ground either.

1 Like

Prime Khabib manhandles Oliveira. Oliveira has zero defense on the feet and gets tagged an awful lot and even though he’s got great BJJ it ain’t shit compared to Khabib’s wrestling and Sambo….

I love how inflated Khabib’s striking has become. He’s a combination Manhoef and Crocop now.

4 Likes

The above are also facts, not speculation. I never said Khabib can’t beat Charles but unless he took Charles down, he would get eaten alive standing. Let’s not argue about this. Let’s argue about how the action on the ground.