How would Royce vs Kerr have gone?

Too tough too strong and hits too hard imo. I feel like enson vs royce would have been a similar yet harder match for royce than kimo was.

And 3 years later he got 3rd. After fanatic training as a job with the best there is.
In 1998 a guy like Nick with a year bjj beats any bjj guy in adcc. Not anymore.

Most of u seem to forget that Matt hughes was way too strong for Royce.
And kerr is a better wrestler thatā€™s way way stronger.
Yes hughes had better anti bjj by 2005 that kerr had in the 90ā€™s.
But cmon. Kerr landing even one glancing punch or knee and Royce is dead.
Kimo rag dolled Royce but gased.
Kerr wouldā€™ve tossed Kimo like he was a toddler.
AND he had cardio.
Yes kerr wasnā€™t tough in terms of taking damage against guys like Igor Vovchanchinā€¦
But theres a tad of difference between Igorā€™s striking power and Royce.
I never thought Iā€™d need explain things like that on the UG.
I love sakuraba too but kerr couldā€™ve ripped him apart

4 Likes

Royce Gracie absolutely sucked. He fought TMA guys with no grappling and struggled. He was in the fight of his life vs. Keith Hackney and Kimo.

Kerr would shove Royceā€™s head up his ass. You guys are fuckin dreaming.

Gurgel is 15 lbs bigger and yes heā€™s better at sport Jiu Jitsu for sure, but not NHB/Vale Tudo Jiu Jitsu. Gurgel didnā€™t have anyway near the challenge match experience with strikes Royce had, plus his punch defense from the guard is elementary next to Royceā€™s, except for Rillion Royce had the best guard in the family.

1 Like

So lets go through these so called traditional martial artist Royce fought:

Art Jimmerson- 10 th ranked light heavyweight boxer-combat sport not traditional MA

Ken Shamrock-Shootfighter. Submission grappler who had done so worked matches also. Grappler and not traditional.

Gererd Gordeau-Kyokushin Karate & Savate. Full Contact Knock down Karate and French Kickboxing. Not traditional.

Minoki Ichihara-Kudo Daito Juku. Kyokushin and Judo hybrid. Not traditional and some grappling

Jason Deluca-5 animal Kung Fu. Traditional

Remco Pardoel-Judo and yes a grappler

Pat Smith- Tae Kwon Do/Tang Soo Do/Hapkido Sabaki Winner/Traditional

Limo-Street fighter and a little bit of Tae Kwon Do, not traditional

Van Clief-Karate, Traditional

Keith Hackney-Kenpo. No one considers Kenpo traditional like Japanese or Okinawan arts

Dan Severn-Wrestler, Judo Black belt. Grappler and not traditional.

1 Like

If we are talking about pre-basketcase Kerr then there is no way Royce has anything for him, maybe outside of some gi tricks, or if Kerr gassed himself out. I see both scenarios as being highly unlikely. However, it is quite possible that Kerr hangs out in Royceā€™s guard all day and wins a decision in the most boring way possible.

Blockquote

Wrestling accolades:
Severn:
Two-time NCAA Division I All-American, Olympic alternate 1984, 1988
Multiple world cup
medals.

Kerr:
One NCAA Div 1 championship.

1 Like

Dan did better than I thought. I know kerr just really got great at wrestling at the end of his college career but national champ is a pretty big deal. But guess cause Dan stayed with it and had the longevity we should give it to him. Even tho roided up Kerr would spank Dan like roided up Coleman did. Still Iā€™m gonna break a long held UG tradition and concede that all things consideredā€¦
ā€œIā€™d like to humbly admit that I was wr-r-r-rā€¦ā€¦
the reverse of correct.ā€

1 Like

Are you challenging me to a competition of me pointing out the credible opponents Severn faced throughout his career vs the credible opponents Kerr faced throughout his career?

If that is a challenge, I 100% accept. Are you really wanting to compare the quality of opponents Dan Severn faced compared to Mark Kerrā€™s?

No, they need to be brought back. Like headbutts. They should bring back head butts too

While this is information I think is useful to the discussion, I think itā€™s usefull in Royceā€™s favor.

Tournament style fights would favor a wrestler because thatā€™s how a wrestlerā€™s career competes, in multiple matches the same day.

You look at this fight and give credit to Kerr for having fought 3 times that night, I use the same logic but give credit to Gurgel for fighting 3 times that night. Having to fight two guys, win, and then face Kerr and not be finished, thatā€™s pretty good.

1 Like

Agree or disagree?

The BIGGEST most IMPRESSIVE wins Mark Kerr had throughout his entire career are-
Paul Varelans

Dan Bobish

Enson Inoue

If you donā€™t agree, then who?

If you do agree, why are you putting so much emphasis on how great Kerr is?

Muscles do not equal toughness.

Mark Kerr was muscular. Yes, I agree. With those muscles and size, he looked intimidating, yes I agree.

But based on the level of bad asses actually faced and beaten, is anyone here going to claim Kerrā€™s best wins are better than Royceā€™s?

In a hypothetical match up, we talk a lot of what ifs, but when it comes down to actual legit opponents beat, who here is crazy enough to say Kerrā€™s opponents he beat were straight killers?

2 Likes

In your defense, you could maybe argue that the better wrestler at the time they fought (or, in Kerrā€™s case, would have fought) Royce was Mark Kerr.

Notice I use qualifiers like ā€œmaybeā€, and donā€™t make the argument myself because I donā€™t know a lot about wrestling.

Just thinking Kerr was closer to his prime and not as far removed from his wrestling accomplishments as Dan might have been.

1 Like

Kerr would shoot up a speedball of heroin and steroids, go out there and headbutt Royce open, shove his fingers in the cuts, and maim him with a chin eye gouge.

Like the vast majority of them. Heā€™s a fucking fraud with shannon the cannon (remember their fake fight), shamrock and a bunch of people from those eras

Somebody post the gif of Kerr spazzing the fuck out and smashing cikatic in the ropes because he tried to elbow him in the spine. Dude fell out of the ring dead

Who da fook is dat guy?

2 Likes

Kerr won ncaas Servern think may have been top 5and placed higher in trials .

This?

1 Like