How Would UFC Fighters Fare...

I would love to see these two fights most but respectfully disagree with your picks:

Joachim Hansen-Frankie Edgar - Edgar (boxing/wrestling)
Gilbert Melendez-Kenny Florian - Florian (elbow/cut)

Smith, you're not familiar with a lot of the guys not in the UFC are you? I'm not saying that in a bad way, just curious. Picking Manny over Ishida, Edgar over Hansen, Tavares over Gomi, Guida over Sakurai, Diaz over Kawajiri, I don't see how you could come to those conclusions...

Again, I'm not saying you're not a long time fan or anything like that, don't get me wrong. I'm just curious on why you picked those fights that way.

I want tickets to this fantasy event!

i think that if you're theoretical event is going to be at a 165 catch weight, you should include WWs that are established to be able to make it...

Serra should be in it, at the least.

Boldar, pipe down, kid. Gomi, JZ et all are bloody LWs. End of story.

Anyhow, to answer your question, Kostakio, that would be one of the sickest cross promotional cards EVA. This is one weight where both sides are evently matched and there are a lot of pickem fights. Depends whom you match with whom too. The only guy though that would be a fav over anyone is BJ

Would def like to see Kid in some proper FW super fights though. Its too bad that Kid, Pequeno, Pulver and Menjivar i believe were all in the FW class in Shooto at one point or another but never fought.

Not sure what Kawajiri's performance against Gill has to do with a match with Nate. Their only similarities are their builds and KJ still dominated that fight, i think people were just impressed by the fact that Gill didnt sustain any gnp damage and he survived. Nate would tower over KJ height wise and his legs would still be a big weapon in guard over most LWs. Would be suprising to see KJ in sub trouble though, he only got rnc'ed by Gomi cuz he was beat up first.

As far as Guida beating Mach. First off, Mach is the only one here who is question mark as a LW these days. Anyhow, he has lost to guys with strong wrestling but Guida aint no Hughes or Shields. And Guida likes to trade too, if he did that vs. Mach, i dont think he would make it out of the first round. If he just stook with wrestling, he could do well maybe.

Guida's got heavy unorthodox hands though. I can definitely see him frustrating a back-peddling Sakurai, imo. And of course, I can see Sakurai outclassing him as well. Hard to tell unless we see it. :(

Shinya Aoki-Sean Sherk

Sherk (dec) - No one is subbing Sherk from the bottom.

Gelsias (JZ) Calvancante-BJ Penn

Toss-up, I think JZ but I'm clouded by my Penn nuthugger hate

Andre (Dida) Amade-Roger Huerta

I don't know enough about Dida

Mitsuhiro Ishida-Manny Gamburyan

Ishida (dec); possibly Manny by sub (I can see him using kimura to sweep)

Tatsuya Kawajiri-Nate Diaz

Diaz (sub)

Caol Uno-Spencer Fisher

Uno (dec or sub) -- too good a wrestler, too good a grappler - it would look like Edgar/Fisher if Edgar were a phenomenal sub grappler

Joachim Hansen-Frankie Edgar

Edgar (dec); Joachim is not a great wrestler and is not amazing off his back. He is also closer in size to Frankie than most of Edgar's opponents have been.

Gilbert Melendez-Kenny Florian

Melendez (dec) - wrestling's too good, and training with Shields and the Diaz bros I doubt he'll be subbed. But I think it would be a high-paced fight and that might give Ken some opportunities.

Luiz Azeredo-Tyson Griffin

Griffin (dec) -- Better wrestling, excellent sub defense. 

Norifumi (Kid) Yamamoto-Urijah Faber

Faber (sub) -- too quick, too slick. Obviously if it stays standing Kid will likely win, but if Bibiano can get him down so can Urjiah, and Faber is far superior to Kid on the ground.

Takanori Gomi-Thiago Tavares

Gomi (KO), although Tavares might be able to get a takedown -- in which case he'd likely get the sub.

Hayato Sakurai-Clay Guida

Guida (dec) - way better wrestling, better cardio.