How would you solve the Nick Diaz issue?

I would let him stay retired until he is ready to fight.. Phone Post 3.0

Ovary Hugger - The problem is everyone will come out of the woodwork if they do this for Nick.
That's not a problem for the fighters at all.

I don't care about the UFC billionaires problems. Phone Post

Im a big Diaz fan, but it's not about paying more because he's a huge draw. It's about paying what was agreed upon in his contract--that's what contract negation a are for. If they pay what he's asking, they open Pandora's Box, and more fighters will to try backing out of their contracts for more money.

Im sure they've done this already, but if not I'd meet with Diaz, and outline a future plan. For example, finish out your contract--your first matchup is ___. Win that fight and we'll talk about fighting another top contender (Cerrone, Brown, etc). Mention that once his contract is fulfilled, then they can talk about compensation for the new contact.

Or you can explain (privately) how his ask is too far fetched, but you understand his where he's coming from. Because he's such an entertaining fighter (i.e. he has a large fan base and is a UFC money maker) you'd like to help him out. You can't change the contract, but you'd certainly reward a good performance (i.e. back room bonus). Don't pay him the $500k, but give him a little extra (off the record) because his fight just sold a ton more tickets. Phone Post 3.0

dillon66 - Make him fight for the previously agreed amount or let him retire. Its nicks choice

He doesnt deserve a pay rise and he certainly doesn't deserve a title shot. He hasnt beaten a single contender. I rarely agree with Dana White cause he's a prick but he's right. The world moves on Phone Post 3.0
This. Stay retired or just fight. The line of deserving contenders is too long for nick to be able to jump the line. Phone Post 3.0

If a large segment of fans *REALLY* want to see Nick Diaz fight, why not go create one of those "gofundme" or "kickstarter" campaigns? Diaz made $200k for his fight against GSP. Even if that is a flat fee and he needs another $300,000 to show up, it would only take a $5 from 60,000 fans to make that happen.

I understand the notion of not wanting to fork out MORE money for the UFC product, but if the UFC won't do it and you are truly passionate about getting Diaz into the cage, what's an extra 5 bucks towards the cause?

Probably alot of free bud. Phone Post 3.0

punchdrunkMMA - If a large segment of fans REALLY want to see Nick Diaz fight, why not go create one of those "gofundme" or "kickstarter" campaigns? Diaz made $200k for his fight against GSP. Even if that is a flat fee and he needs another $300,000 to show up, it would only take a $5 from 60,000 fans to make that happen.

I understand the notion of not wanting to fork out MORE money for the UFC product, but if the UFC won't do it and you are truly passionate about getting Diaz into the cage, what's an extra 5 bucks towards the cause?
Thats actually a good idea. Dude could probably easily make another 100K.

His contract probably wouldnt allow it tho i bet. Phone Post 3.0

Pay him what he deserves Phone Post 3.0

Feed him to alves Phone Post 3.0

PrettyBoy -
Feelz Good -
NakedCowboyOnMyRear -

Pay him. It's not like those cheap fucks can't afford it. and it's not even about paying Nick, it's about the precedent it will set.

Sorry, I should've clarified, I was looking for ideas from realistic people. Fitch was cut after one loss, Nick's riding a two fight losing streak. I'm sure it will take you a while, but try doing the math. Phone Post 3.0
Nike is 10x the draw fitch and shields are. You can check the numbers on the last few PPV events that featured Nick.

He is worth more than 500k. You put Diaz in a rematch with Lawler or give him a title shot you are getting at least 500k buys at 60 a pop.

You do the math Phone Post 3.0
Diaz vs Condit did 400,000. That's not a huge amount of buys, but it's not a small amount either. I think people on this forum tend to grossly over estimate the appeal of Diaz to a casual fan. We love him, but that didn't mean a casual fan will be willing to shell out $60 to watch him fight. I would though. Phone Post 3.0

I wish the big name MMA fighters could have fights promoted like they do in boxing. Nick Diaz has the personality and draw to fill an entire venue. Win or lose that boy can bring in the money! Phone Post 3.0

LOL at being able to get 20000 people to organize to pay $5 each to raise money for Diaz. If you subtract the 50 people on the UG thats just 19950 people to go.

The UFC is doing exactly what they need to do, let him sit and wait to decide if he wants to fight. Him wanting 500K or a title shot is retarded.

lgi - People keep mentioning Chael, but that man doesn't turn down fights. He'll fight anyone at any time. Phone Post

This is true but anyone can turtle up in the fetal position at the first sign of trouble. Most fighter's would fight anyone at anytime.

Remember Nick and Nate are under contract they aint going anywhere without fulfilling their obligations and Dana would be a fool to let marketable fighters go. If they are content to sit on the sidelines then fuck em let them boys go sit down. Too many damn fighters out there to be worried about 2 brothers that will fade away after a few years of inactivity.

Here is what Dana will do I can guarantee this is his course of action. shelve them for a few years let their stock drop far enough, let age catch up with them. then he will release them to go fight somewhere else. By that time they will look like Titos old ass getting beat up by schelmenko

Pedro Navaja -
billyball2 - 
Pedro Navaja - 
Brockback Mountain - 
Pedro Navaja - 

Donald Trump, the OJ simpson of Presidents.

Everyone knows he did it. People will laugh at how he got acquitted for years.

Did what?

Withheld bipartisan approved military aid in order to personally benefit his political campaign by pressuring a foreign government to announce an investigattion into his main political rival based on fake news.

Obstructed justice, countless times.

These are undisputed facts. The only dispute is whether people think he was within his power to do so, or if its an impeachable offense.

LMAO!!!

"Withheld bipartisan approved military aid in order to personally benefit his political campaign by pressuring a foreign government to announce an investigattion into his main political rival based on fake news."

FALSE. This is a "presumption" coerced by someone who NEVER heard Trump ask for or demand any meetings or announcement. In fact, Trump specifically said there was no quid pro quo.

"Obstructed justice, countless times."

FALSE. Trump exercised Executive Privilege and properly told his people not to answer to subpoenas unless/until the courts determined that Executive Privolege did not apply.

"These are undisputed facts. The only dispute is whether people think he was within his power to do so, or if its an impeachable offense."

FALSE. The fact that the vote on the House was split directly along party lines (with some Democrats even crossing!) indicates that your version of "facts" ARE IN DISPUTE!!!

I get that you just parrot and puppet party line shit, but you should at least read it first to be sure it makes sense...

Trump specifically said there was no quid pro quo.

LMAO. 

The murderer himself said he didn't do it! 

CASE CLOSED!!

You nitwit. He said no quid pro quo because he heard the whistle got blown. He got caught and tried to clean it up.

The fact that the vote is split along party lines is because many republicans depend on Trump for survival.

How many republicans talked shit about Trump before he became president?

If you want any MORE evidence that REpublicans are full of shit and supporting Trump for their own survival, look here at Sen. Graham, one of his biggest defenders:

Senator graham on Trump:

Senator graham on Biden:

Watch these.... This is the person who is defending Trump now. ANd you guys wonder why we don't believe them....

5 more years of u wishin u could get in my country. 5 years

Dana literally CAN'T pay Diaz what he's asking. If he does he paints himself into a corner and more fighters are gonna be asking for a hell of a lot more. If Diaz was coming off two wins this could potentially happen. Dana is not backing down here. Diaz can sit back and rot for all he cares Phone Post 3.0

Pay him.
Offer him Brown for #1 contender fight.

He loses, cut him.
He wins, give him the same deal.

Fuck it, he's only here for so long, milk his status. Phone Post 3.0

Offer them a million bucks to fight each other Phone Post 3.0

Id offer him paper view points. Phone Post 3.0

I'm a fan of Nick, but these days, i think he would have big problems with the current WW top 5. Hendricks would destroy him. Phone Post 3.0