Huerta got screwed. 30-27 Never had a chance.

gray ran most of the fight

demandango - gray actually did win all three rounds. the only one in question is the first which could have gone either way, but gray landed the better shots imo. huerta had a few flurries, but he was missing.

not only that, but remember, Gray only went for 1 takedown in round 1.
Gray was landing more shots in round 1 than Roger also. They may have went un-noticed because Roger doesn't flinch when hit. but Huerta lost that fight and it should've been 29-28, 29-28, 29-28 IMO.

This certainly shouldn't put Gray in line for a title shot. Bj would roast him.

huerta won the 1st, lost the rest

ButtPirate101 -   but just holding someone down and doing no damage shouldnt solidify a win.

So Huerta should be rewarded for not being good enough to defend the takedown, unable to sweep or submit, and not being able to stand?

Right. No bias on your part at all. Let's penalize the guy with the better skillset  and launching an offense. Let's also pretend that the guy on the bottom sucks so bad that he has nothing to do with stopping the top guy from finishing. You are actually disparaging Huerta with your comment about being taken down and doing nothing. Did it ever occur to you that Huerta is skilled enough to make Gray "do nothing" when he got taken down?

You guys are really pathetic already. Your logic is barely 9th grade. I talked to a teen today who watched the fights and understood better than you. He's like 13-14 years old.

orcus -  lol @ people think Huerta got robbed

The only round he could conceivably have won was the first, based on one flurry that appeared to have Maynard hurt briefly. Otherwise even in that round Gray was outstriking him all night long.

this is correct.

Ausgepicht - 
ButtPirate101 -   but just holding someone down and doing no damage shouldnt solidify a win.
So Huerta should be rewarded for not being good enough to defend the takedown, unable to sweep or submit, and not being able to stand?

Exactly.

People's concept of "LNP" or "holding someone down" is so outta control. Do people not understand grappling anymore?

I mean, i give Huerta credit for keeping Maynard working every second to maintain control on the ground, Huerta's constant efforts to stand back up and prevent Maynard from really mounting much of an offense on the ground by not letting Maynard establish control was impressive..........however.............that is still defense. Huerta was still on the "defensive" while Maynard was on the "offensive."

demandango - 
orcus -  lol @ people think Huerta got robbed

The only round he could conceivably have won was the first, based on one flurry that appeared to have Maynard hurt briefly. Otherwise even in that round Gray was outstriking him all night long.

this is correct.

100%.

Huerta showed the will to win all day but his technique was pretty lacking and never really was able to land much or establish much on his feet. He went after Maynard but he simply did not score enough. He had that flurry in R1 and the odd combo here and there after that but Maynard controlled about 85% of the standup and outlanded by a mile.

Credit to Huerta's determination but more credit to Gray's improved overall standup technique. His footwork, posture, timing, everything is way improved. He is gonna be a true monster at LW if he continues to improve like this. Hopefully, he'll add more to his ground game as well.

This fight was SO BORING.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Maynard-Huerta.html

Gray won the fight in my book, 29-28.  First round was close but Huerta landed more toward the end of the round so I gave it to him.  None of the fights were boring.  Perhaps you should stop watching MMA for a while until you can appreciate the sport again.

Zedlepln -  http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Maynard-Huerta.html
Am I reading it right that FM says Gray only got 3 takedowns?

StretchPlum - 30-27. Maynard landed a much greater number of hard blows, and even knocked Huerta down with a jab. He could have won on the feet.Huerta missed an amazingly high % of strikes. I couldn't believe someone gave Huerta 2 rounds. That was horrific scoring.
No whats horrific is that one judge gave all 3 rounds to Gray and another gave 2 rounds to Huerta!

Theres no way Roger won 2 rounds and theres no way Gray won all 3.

Now this time it doesnt matter MUCH because the right man was awarded the fight.

But there will be a time where it will be a major problem

I don't think Gray won every round-- but he definitely won the fight. It was a close fight, and Huerta looked very good, but this is not a controversial decision in any way.

Easy fight to score for me.

Huerta won the first round and Maynard got the last 2.

29-28 Maynard.

Maynard looks nowhere near ready for BJ. I'd be interested in seeing how he does against someone like Florian.

The gay is strong on this thread. The only close round was the first, Gray dominated for the most part but Huerta hurt him with an eye catching flurry near the end. Either 29-28 or 30-27 Maynard, anyone who thinks different is just craving some sexy mexican cock.

No, he lost. he got dropped, tagged up often w/ hard shots, taken down more than once, and almost got finished w/ the deepest kimura ever.

Ausgepicht - 
Zedlepln -  http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Maynard-Huerta.html
Am I reading it right that FM says Gray only got 3 takedowns?

Yes. All 3 in the third round.

wonder how his arm feels

Sliup - Did you guys even watch the fight. Maynard might have a reputation as a "blanket" but he didn't do that tonight. It didn't go the ground until the third and even then Maynard worked a kimura and almost finished the fight he didn't lay and pray. I thought Heurta won the first round, but he lost the last 2 rounds.

he blanketed the last 2 1/2 mins of the last round, he fucked up a good fight, he went to Xtreme Caution mode. he knew how close the fight was and he switched to lay and pray to get the dec, what else can u say? he went in there to "kick his ass" and he saw how tuff it was to do it and switched to Extreme Caution mode. he has no chance against KenFlo Diego OR BJ, this dude will never be a champ in the UFC. "You Will Never Be A Legend By Wining Decisions"