Huerta/Guida = FOTY

Wow! Nobody has yet said anything about Fisher vs Stout #2. So I thought I would bring up that fight.

I thought Griffin/Tavares was better. But a top 3 fight no doubt.

Huerta/Guida is my new front runner for FOTY, too. Tomato Can and orcus are once again correct.

It was the fight of the night.

"If that one did, considering it was for a championship belt, then Griffin/Edgar and Huerta/Guida cannot qualify. Not only were these NOT for a title, but none of the participants were even title contenders."

. . .

I mean, my God.

Huerta/Guida was def. up there.

Couture VS Sylvia, and Couture VS Gonzaga were also very impressive.

What about ? Forrest VS Shogun ?

For me it was Hendo Rampage too. Hendo winning round 1 and the first
half of round 2 was nuts and then Page worked him out. Incredible
display of technique and intelligence. Saying that Huerta Guida did rock.

huerta vs. griffan got my vote. did we forget that one.

best or not it was a damn good one, huge credit to both guys

huertas rich franklin knee defence automatically eliminates it from fight of the year contention imo.

I sure hope Koppenhaver got the KO of the night. That dude has HEART!

Baroni Shamrock... but Huerta Guida was awesome....

Hendo x Rampage was epic, definitely underrated.

Leben x Martin was the most exciting fight I've seen this year.

Baroni vs. Shamrock was a great fight, but it was just about striking. There weren't even good technical knees or kicks, just hands. On the ground this fight did not deliver.

Rampage - Hendo was reaaaal good. Excellent wrestling with some good striking and positional grappling.

Griffin vs Guida, Edgar and Tavares were all very multidimensional fast paced MMA that show every aspect of this sport. Same goes for this Huerta vs. Guida. Good striking, excellent wrestling and slick ground game.

Gomi vs. Diaz was extremely entertaining, but it way too sloppy for my taste after the first few minutes. On the same card Hendo vs. Wandy was pretty good also.

It's a pretty stereotypical fight. Too predictable to be fight of the year for sure.

But, i'm sure it was great for the common fan.

cant believe people are suggesting Shamrock/Baroni.

+Pavia, Ciscone, and Associates
Date: 12/10/07 01:49 AM
, Sports Agent
3150 Total Posts
Ignore User
<SCRIPT> if (readCookie('MMATV_USERID') == 140817) { document.writeln('Edit  '); } </SCRIPT>

Please elaborate, Ken.

What was good in the slightest about Baroni vs. Shamrock? Seriously. It was Frank wandering around hitting a man who had nothing left in the tank after practically being knocked out during Shamrock's first flurry. Both guys were horribly injured and probably shouldn't have been in there, both gassed and it was sloppy as hell.

FOTY is either Guida/Griffin or Griffin/Edgar.

LOL if Frank is "sloppy" what would you call a guy who can't see through his own hair ?

EASILY fight of the night and fight of the year.

I think its one of the best fights in mma history