Hughes-Serra: Is this a mismatch?

Rd 3: Serra looks completely gassed to start round. Main event tonight Andrei Arlovski vs. Justin Eilers. 4:30 a simple judo leg trip gets Serra down. Serra escapes a serious arm bar attempt pretty easily and pops up but looks completely exhausted. 3:37 Karo gets a belly-to-belly td. Karo pretty much rides out the rd landing punches wins rd 10-9.

29-28, 30-27, 30-27 for Karo.

Conclusion: It was not so much Karo's td's as it was Serra being completely exhausted. His cardio was absolutely pathetic in this fight. Karo did get probably 6 or 7 td's in the fight.

Sounds like Serra will want to have his cardio in order for Hughes.

Even though I'm picking Serra, I'll be the first to admit that running out of gas vs Hughes = bad news for Serra.

serra by ko 2nd rd

white437x u got to give me ur email

Hughes will win...

but BubbleBass is a backwards, pussy-ass moron.

Hughes is going to win by physically dominating Serra own the ground.

Neither will get submitted and neither will get GNP'd. The difference comes in the standup game and I think Serra's is better. Should it be a ground fight I think it'll go to the judges and I don't see Hughes showing the judges anything spectacular enough on the ground to get the judges to give it to him.

Hughes by third round TKO. Early on, it should be competitive, but Hughes impose his will and get the win.

Serra all the way!!!!

Honestly, and nothing against Serra, but he should drop to 155 after this fight, he can easily do it and he'll be more successful at 155.... granted I know he beat GSP and he's the current WW champ.... it "really" was a fluke that he caught GSP like that.

As far as him beating Hughes.... Hughes will struggle against a guy who can stuff his takedowns and has either the sheer atheltic ability and strength to move around on the bottom (GSP) or the long very flexible BJJ from the bottom (BJ) where he can put Hughes in difficult situations.... Serra has neither of those.... while Serra's BJJ is very good, he's a short limbed fighter without a great wrestling background..... thus I just do not see Hughes at this point, who in his own right is equalivent to a BJJ blackbelt (See Royce fight) making a mistake and getting subbed by Serra.

I predict a painful loss for Serra by either GnP or a long painful unam. Decision....

but who the hell knows......

I'm just praying that Serra shows up with excellent cardio. If he does, I believe he'll take this.