Hughes vs GSP II Rescheduled?

^ I like that..."The Mutilation in Montreal"...It has a nice ring to it :)

pulver vs penn makes sense as coaches, they both have big followings and big personalities. They also both need building up with old fans and new alike after less than stella comebacks to the UFC. Whoever loses is in a bit of a bad spot though!

"Karo and Hughes were supposed to fight at UFC 56. This fight should be in march"

Good point! 

Personally I'd rather see Diego/Hughes (I'm a huge Diego fan but think he'd get destroyed by GSP at this point, and I like to see guys work their way up the food chain) and a GSP/BJ rematch - the first fight just wasn't definitive enough, although I did agree w/ the decision.   That would put the UFC's #4 WW vs. their #2, and their #1 vs. their #3, which could make for some great matchups.  If BJ would just stay at 170 they could do this.

As for the talk about Koscheck, in no way does he deserve a shot yet at any of these guys.  Put him up against Diaz, Burkman, Fitch, Riggs, or Karo first.

Doubting DoorMatt imo.

I vote for:

Koscheck-GSP

Hughes-Sanchez

I think Sanchez wants Hughes, so give em Hughes. He's got himself convinced he can hang with Hughes -- LOL.

smart move by hughes

I didn't read the entire thread, but I think Diego should get GSP after Serra.

lol... Hughes ducks the opportunity to fight GSP in front of 18,000 GSP fans.

I hope Penn is still in the mix... Hughes should now have to fight Penn again, and GSP should fight Diego, with the respective winners and losers fighting each other.

I love how everyone has just counted Matt Serra out. GSP may not even have the belt after Feb. Good, I hope people keep talking like this. More fuel for the fire.

I'm still completely baffled that people believe that a guy that is 0-2 is the #3 WW in the deepest talent pool in the UFC.

"I'm still completely baffled that people believe that a guy that is 0-2 is the #3 WW in the deepest talent pool in the UFC."

Actually he is 1-2, and one of his wins is over that guy who is number 2 in the division, and one of his losses was essentially a draw over that guy who is number 1 in the division. That number 1 guy who has destroyed everyone else who he has fought.

Most people also feel that he could beat everyone else in the division with relative ease.

While it is fine to disagree with those people, I hope this has enlightened you enough so that you are no longer "completely baffled". If you are still "completely baffled"... then you should seek help.

Unfortunately, the UFC does not always put the 'next highest contender'
in to fight for the title...either on purpose or due to injury, it just doesn't
always happen.

I also find it strange that none of the TUF winners have fought for a title
yet.....but two TUF non-winners have.

I guess the bottom line for me is that in the WW division, there are many
many potential matchups that should make any fan happy at any time.

Actually, I would love to see Diego vs. BJ. Diego is a mad scrambler on the ground with great sweeps and we know BJ can lock submissions from anywhere and transition beautifully. I don't think it would be as clear-cut a victory for BJ as many might think.

As for GSP, I agree that after Serra it should be either Diego or Kos (assuming Hughes truly wants to wait). Since Diego also stated in interview that he wants to wait, that leaves Kos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he recently say that "he beat 2 canadians, so a third won't be hard" or something to that effect? He would be a good villain for GSP in Mtl if that's the case.

Diego vs. Hughes
GSP vs. Koscheck

Of course, all of this is assuming that GSP beats Serra. Best of luck to the Terra', but I think there's a very good chance GSP will keep the belt.

Hughes is avoiding the Canadian beatdown by a hometown hero in Canada. He doesn't want to be on the bad end of that deal. Can't say I blame him there. Who wants to be laying on the mat while hearing 30,000 Canadians cheer for your absolute destruction? Not me. Apparently not Matt either"

were u a BJ penn fan?? its funny the UG ones call him a great champion and thinks hes done the next day...

"Hughes vs GSP II Rescheduled?"

how can they reschedule if it already happened?

that is disappointing but I think Sanchez has MORE than earned his shot

diego called out hughes, so they should give him to him...but, what if by
some chance, diego beats hughes?

Wait a minute...who the fuck did Kos beat to deserve a shot at GSP....thats just ridiculous.

Personally I'd rather see Diego/Hughes (I'm a huge Diego fan but think he'd get destroyed by GSP at this point, and I like to see guys work their way up the food chain) and a GSP/BJ rematch - the first fight just wasn't definitive enough, although I did agree w/ the decision. That would put the UFC's #4 WW vs. their #2, and their #1 vs. their #3, which could make for some great matchups. If BJ would just stay at 170 they could do this.

^^^^^^ I Agree with Thankful1 ^^^^^^^