Hugo Duarte: Luta Livre

Yes, that’s it. Plus, you seem to have them all. I don’t have to take any other pictures of my books and say" what about this one", “and this one”, “and this one”.

1 Like

there are still a few more Tigermask books i don’t have. I scanned the gracie way and a Hidetaka Aso S.A.W book from 2000 today.

SAW, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again, why’all

SAW huh, good god
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing, listen to me

1 Like

Thanks to the steppa i’ve dallied a loop over gokor’s submission library. Oh happy day! Those storied tapes of the dangling bill lewis spider!

thebirdgif

1 Like

Following up on an OLD post in here (circa December) re: Rich Salamone’s wrestling tapes - yeah, he wanted to do more, either a 6 or 8 module series. But it turned into such a time sink he had to drop it :frowning:

1 Like

He struck me as the perfectionist type so I bet it is a chore shooting and editing the instructionals . I’m taking a little break from scanning tonight and am going to encode some combat sambo tapes by Vincent ornealas

Second tape of the series, circa 1999.

2 Likes

One surely cannot get enough Combat Sambo into their lives. Well played, sir.

1 Like

I like how they add validity to Vincent Ornelas by advertising him as Tony Lopez’ instructor.

1 Like

That’s MASTER Tony Lopez.

This one completes the 1994 series by Willy Cahill

1 Like

I remember at the same time as the Vincernt Ornelas tapes there was another Sambo set out by Island but cant remember the name of the instructor. I think the first name was scott but cold be wrong. I remember it standing out as the first two volumes were on scrambling, which I never saw covered elsewhere.

1 Like

his name was jesse something, he’s one of the ukes on the tony lopez set. I just remember that being a leglock series

This is the only other sambo set i ever recall seeing advertised by island. Was it a different one than this, because if it was, i’ll soon be wallowing in misery at the thought of not only not having them, but having never even heard of them. Who knows what i could have accomplished if only i’d had them tapes!

I think I have Vol 1 of that series, one of them at least. Got it off eBay a while back. I actually trained with Jesse a few times. Great guy.

1 Like

Continuing the rare sambo theme, fifth tape of the series from 1999.

1 Like

Im so lucky to have learned from him

2 Likes

Is he still swimming around in the gulf of carpentaria?

Ha! I can’t find a fucking button to edit my post, but i thought you were referring to ornelas. I’m an old narcotics user and drunkard who knows nothing about other forums or social media so didn’t realize you were talking about leitao

Yes, they are the ones. I only remembered them for the scramble volumes as like I say they never seem to get a mention on anyone elses series. Everyone seemed to have the generic sets coming out, i.e. one tape on fitness and conditioning, maybe one on striking, if its an mma inspired series, then a tape for each position as well as a tape for each category of submissions, i.e. chokes, leglocks and armbars. Not forgetting a takedown tape.

1 Like

i remember scuffler saying that jesse was a pretty mean motor scooter in relation to my questioning the actual ability of the lopez/ornelas sambo guys since they discouraged competition and practised as kata, E.G the lopez 57 hold combination, where every time tommy tapped, he would have had a broken bone, and if indeed lopez had been goig full force, tommy would have been rendered a human beanbag or waterbed by the end of the combination

They’re not from Island, but have you seen this set?

1 Like