HW Jon Jones tweets a vid hitting the pads

Lol he's clearly not going 100%

God damn he looks big tho. Will he interesting, most dynamic HW ever?

he's got the baritone voice already and a whole lot happier.

he's gonna do great

Captain Canuck - Jones has never looked impressive hitting the pads but int he ring he looks great.

This will be interesting.

agree

he always looks kinda average to me on the pads

dinkledorf - 

I don't think he looks that good, he's loading up like some kid who's watched too much animes.  He will never one punch k.o anyone

Makes sense, you should tweet this to him so he knows whats up

TeamRenzo -
dinkledorf - 

I don't think he looks that good, he's loading up like some kid who's watched too much animes.  He will never one punch k.o anyone

Makes sense, you should tweet this to him so he knows whats up

“Jones knows” he isnt a ko artist, his reach probably makes him look slow, he had few good elbows in his career but he is better at destroying opponents by eye pokes, frasturation,  better fighting iq, better pulsing peds, but in the end he is great

lol at his voice, probably matured or some kinda creatine with bcaa

An educated fan is certainly able to critique a high level athlete. 

Brady is the goat. And he’s not agile. Gets sacked way too much and won’t throw the ball away.

Im not a football player. That doesn’t make the above statement untrue or without merit. Nor does it disallow me from making it. I’m a fan who watches football and sees something and made a statement.

For the record I’m no Jones fan. That video shows me he still has speed despite the extra muscles he’s been working on. Maybe he will be too fast for some bigger guys. Hard to know until we see him in there. 

1 Like
big_slacker -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -

One of the GOATs getting critiqued by the guys  on the UG who never fought. Priceless 

Welcome to the forum! :D

Hahah errry forum topic 

mikethecricket - 
Captain Canuck - Jones has never looked impressive hitting the pads but int he ring he looks great.

This will be interesting.

agree

he always looks kinda average to me on the pads

Agreed.

(This, of course, says more about judging people based on their pad work than it does about Jones’ skill level).

1 Like

Is he practicing on kicking a HW in the dick?

0hi0direct -

Lol he's clearly not going 100%

God damn he looks big tho. Will he interesting, most dynamic HW ever?

You would have thought a few more in this thread would have understood this....

1 Like
King of the North - https://twitter.com/jonnybones/status/1371962377978056705?s=21

Night Night Stipe. Those strikes are looking filthy and powerful

lol pads dont hit back. Pretty sure if Gannou cant KO Stipe noone can.

Never seen anyone take so long to move up in weight

NHBDaddy - lol pads dont hit back. Pretty sure if Gannou cant KO Stipe noone can.

And that’s probably why Jones might defeat Stipe. Who’s been in all our wars with his trilogy with DC.  Jones is Taking his time to work on his weaknesses. He’s an intelligent fighter. When it comes to fighting he is no fool. He realizes the HW danger.  Nobody could beat him at LHW for this reason. He is a student of the game and excels at what he does. Hence the long layoff to move to HW.

But fuck him for cheating steroids. He will always have an asterisks next to his name. DC is better on a level playing field. 

1 Like

He should get his premier fight against Derek Lewis

sureshock -
NHBDaddy - lol pads dont hit back. Pretty sure if Gannou cant KO Stipe noone can.

And that’s probably why Jones might defeat Stipe. Who’s been in all our wars with his trilogy with DC.  Jones is Taking his time to work on his weaknesses. He’s an intelligent fighter. When it comes to fighting he is no fool. He realizes the HW danger.  Nobody could beat him at LHW for this reason. He is a student of the game and excels at what he does. Hence the long layoff to move to HW.

But fuck him for cheating steroids. He will always have an asterisks next to his name. DC is better on a level playing field. 

One thing Stipe has for him is that he has gone 5 rds a few times. Question is, how will Jones do cardio wise at that weight?

1 Like
HoldingTuasBalls -
sureshock -

One thing Stipe has for him is that he has gone 5 rds a few times. Question is, how will Jones do cardio wise at that weight?

Good point. 

1 Like

Once he finally steps in there I will give him a bit of credit for finally moving up to test himself.  Having said that, he still has chicken legs and I hope he gets KO'd

46and2 -

Once he finally steps in there I will give him a bit of credit for finally moving up to test himself.  Having said that, he still has chicken legs and I hope he gets KO'd

I don't know about that bro. His legs look huge now. He is a natural HW and was depriving his body with extreme weight cuts at LHW. 

Have you seen Miocic legs? Not all that big at HW. Ngannou on the other hand

sureshock -
46and2 -

I don't know about that bro. His legs look huge now. He is a natural HW and was depriving his body with extreme weight cuts at LHW. 

Have you seen Miocic legs? Not all that big at HW. Ngannou on the other hand

That vid posted by King of the North a few posts up showing Jon from the side makes them look pretty chicken-y to me.  Especially the calves.  

I’m just being a dick though really.  I do not like the dude.  Amazing fighter though and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the strap at HW. Â