I already see a problem with UFC 144

Only one Japanese fighter on the entire main card. When the UFC went to Rio 11 of the 12 fights had a Brazilian in it, all of the main card fights had someone from Brazil, and 3 of the fights were Brazilian vs. Brazilian

Main Card:
-Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson - UFC lightweight championship
-Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
-Cheick Kongo vs. Mark Hunt
-Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
-Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis

Preliminary Card:
-Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
-Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
-Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Vaughan Lee
-Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
-Takanori Gomi vs. George Sotiropoulos
-Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
-Tiequan Zhang vs. Leonard Garcia

And the main card fighter, Akiyama, isn't even technically really Japanese.

Main card looks good as is, the undercard fights with japanese fighters would be prelims on any other card. Japanese fans will get there early I'm sure to see all of their buddies compete

Gomi and Kid caught a real break on this card too. Any other fighter with either of their track records would have been cut from the UFC a looooong time ago. If Fertita et al. didn't need some Japanese marketing potential these boys woulda got the AXE

Not a problem at all.

Japanese fighters < Brazilian fighters.

Simple.

Zuffa hates the Japanese. Phone Post

WOW! That is one stellar fucking lineup. If they have a problem with that then too bad for them. I know when the UFC comes to Canada I love to support our guys on the card, but sometimes it is loaded too heavily with Canadian content at the expense of better talent or matches that could be on the card. I believe most people would want to see the best fights they could possibly see regardless of nationality.

Rampage, Kongo, Hunt, Akiyama, Okami, Kid, Mizugaki, Gomi, Hioki, Fukuda... this is a stacked card and it's obvious they are throwing people in here that the Japanese fans have a history with and will want to see.

Between Pride, Cage Force, Pancrase, Shooto, K-1, Dream, Deep, Sengoku... plenty of vets of Japanese orgs.  They could have definitely thrown in more guys but it's obvious that they are making an effort here.

sgotwalks - WOW! That is one stellar fucking lineup. If they have a problem with that then too bad for them. I know when the UFC comes to Canada I love to support our guys on the card, but sometimes it is loaded to heavily with Canadian content at the expense of better talent or matches that could be on the card. I believe most people would want to see the best fights they could possibly see regardless of nationality.

Try being in the UK, no one gets shafted as much as we do in terms of big name fighters.  A doped up leben was our MAIN EVENT.  This card has Okami on the prelims.

Japanese people love anything Western, this is a card they will love.

Okami vs. Boetsch probably would have been on the main card, but Rampage really wanted on this card, so that fight was likely bumped to make room for Jackson vs. Bader.

Given the main card, it's hard to say which fight should be demoted to make room for another Japanese fighter to make the PPV, especially since Japanese fighters haven't become too big of stars with UFC fans. Hioki vs. Palaszewski is the only one that has a strong case due to Hioki possibly being in contendership with a win.

I suppose that it's not too big of a deal though since apparently all UFC prelims will be televised next year via FX and Fuel TV.

Underwhelmed by this BUT I did already get seats at the DREAM show on New Years day.

Pride fighter=Japanese fighter Phone Post

Fans everywhere will take good fights over seeing their countrymen on a bad run anytime.

"Japanese are different." um.. I keep reading that. Japanese fight fans want to go see a good show with great fights.

You're forgetting that this card isn't really directed at the Japanese fans.

KimuraKing - Underwhelmed by this BUT I did already get seats at the DREAM show on New Years day.

are you saying the dream card is better?

jbapk - You're forgetting that this card isn't really directed at the Japanese fans.

Are you serious? Looks like a PRIDE card to me. The japanese will go ape shit for this card.

Title fight, a couple of old school pride beasts, K1 legends, and a ton of big Japanese names.

They will love it more then dream

Rampage is japanese. Phone Post

That's actually a good looking card.

Good card, but needs moar Minowaman.