I DON'T want my BB in 3 years!

OG,

Let's make sense of this for a second, o.k.? You say you don't like me but you want me to train with you? My guess is you want to try an injure me, why else would you want to train with someone you don't like? I certainly don't even want to be around people I don't like I certainly wouldn't want to train with them.

I train with friends and people I trust. Your last statement is kind of ironic in order for us to get along you would have to not already dislike me. Too late!

The funny part in all this is you seek me out and attack me and then get upset when I push your buttons.

Why don't you ask me to meet you on the corner of whatever for a street fight because that's what you are really doing but don't want to come off like the bad guy by doing it. You also don't want to do that because I would laugh it off and crack even more jokes. That is the reality here. I have a solution for you if you don't like me, don't read my posts and then guess what? You won't be bothered by them or me ever again. Simple solution to a simple problem.

BJJ was Leo Dalla, so there is no doubt it is legit.

I would like to avoid your posts. But you post idiotic statements in nearly every damn thread.

I feel like I'm the one pushing your buttons buddy. You mentioned me in 3 of your replies to my 1. I'll tell you what, I'll leave you alone. Just stop crying.

OG,

If ignorance was bliss you would be in eden. I thank god every day ignorance does not breed pestilence or I would be in big trouble with your posts. I'll give you a minute to go look all that up so you can understand it.

Q for bjjprim8:

How long did it take you to reach black belt? Or if you aren't there yet, how long have you been training?

Since the 3.5 year BB is available to anybody willing to step up ...

Wow . . . profound. You're smart bjjprim8!

andrewn

I am not a black belt. I have been training enough to have earned my BB if I had been with Lloyd Irvin.

Do I care to step up and try his program? I would honestly love to, but I am not willing to relocate to Maryland in order to do it. This goes back to the discussion that Bentley and I had about commitment and sacrifice and I can't make that kind of commitment (moving to another state and finding a place to live and devote all my time to training.) I'm not in my 20's any more, had I been I would have been all over it.

OG,

Why thank you, I guess we can be friends.

"julius,
Where are the other guys on the team he's marketing? He's devoting A LOT of time sending out emails, updating the gameplan website devoted to Hall, pointing out his mistake in any match on the website, yet where are his other students? What about you? Where is the Julius Park gameplan website? By all accounts, you are a damn good purple belt and have been a purple belt for quite some time now. Where is your brown belt? Why aren't you on the 3.5 years plan? "

Lloyd doesn't market everyone but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I was addressing the point that someone made that Lloyd has not produced any talented competitors beyond Fowler and Ryan who are being marketed. All our Team Titles are not won soley based on Ryan and Mike.

In regards to a "gameplan" website... I wouldn't want one. It is a huge advantage to your future opponents to have completely documented matches. I know Lloyd and Ryan have sat down and talked about it and they continue to talk about before posting anything that might be detrimental i.e. Ryan's own Strength / weaknesses evaluation. Ryan said it was ok and it would just force him to get better. I wouldn't want that added pressure.

I am not a 3.5 year plan because the level of commitment required to do it is immense and to be honest, I "wasted" a lot of time which made it impossible to obtain the necessary skills in that time frame. After I switched to Lloyds, I was working full-time etc, and could only train 2-3 times a week at Lloyds. I improved a shitload even then so that's how I know the system is legitimate. I got to see Fowler from Purple to Black and also Ryan from Blue to Purple. Most people can not or will not do what Lloyd says to do. For example, I am supposed to get in 3000 reps of a particular attack series (the focus of the first 90 day training "block"). It took me 3 months to do it. Ryan and Fowler could probably do it in 1-2 and move onto the next portion of their game. Most people would probably drill it for about a week, get bored, and move on.

It's a very rare breed that can really be of that caliber after 3 to 5 years... Renzo recently promoted some one to BB after about 5 years I believe, and this guy is simply a BJJ genious and prodigy. That aside, I agree that it's a looong process to get there, unlike the other arts. That is what has kept BJJ so unique for so long. I agree, I don't want my BB to come before years 8 to 10... I'm content sticking to the journey and the process for as long as it takes...

Julius,

Could you give us an example of said attack series?

I just don't get why he needs to put that shit in the ads, as stated above, if when the person walks through the door he is going to hit them with the truth, then all this short-cut to a blackbelt shit is just going to attract the wrong sort of guys.

Unless, just possibly, all those people not on the 3.5 year super dedicated Black Belt path are the ones who are actually funding him being able to put his time into the Ryan Halls of this world...

We need a Lloyd Irvin FAQ regarding "Master". Once again every instructor at Lloyd's is "Master" - Master Lloyd, Master Donnie, Master Mike, Master Danny etc. This was primarily used for the kids program and since everyone was calling each other Master, it just kind of stuck. I call Lloyd "Lloyd". Other guys call him everything from "ML" "Coach" "Master Irvin" etc.

The attack series I'm working is a finishing series from 1/2-guard. I'm doing that b/c one of my weaknesses is finishes (I was winning matches by 10+ pts but couldn't finish them). I'm not super flexible or fast so I need a more "sturdy" attack so I am drilling a 3-part attack which leads to 2 potential passes as opposed to Ryan who is drilling some flipping-around back attack combos and some leglock stuff. Easton is doing some passing series. Everyone is working on different aspects of their game depending on strength/weakness etc. Watch Fowler's attack combinations esp. from passing. He has a Brabo/Kimura/Knee-cut system that he has been using since Purple Belt. That was slowly developed through a shitload of reps of each individual system (brabo series, kimura series, kneecut series). If you train enough, you will eventually learn your series and put them together. But it is a lot easier if someone is putting them together for you.

Julius,

Thanks for the info. I understand what you are talking about in terms of Fowlers attacking plan after seeing his game plan seminar dvd I went backed and watched as much of his stuff from purple belt up and it is all there. I hope to drop in some time in the next year for some training to see what it's like first hand.

At two years I was a purple and arrogant, more time on the mat has given me a BB in humility.

Robert do you just come on the OG/UG/ATAMA to correct peoples grammar and argue? This is the second thread I've seen you completely ruin with bullshit

ive already been training 4 years and im still a blue belt.

Then YOU need to get on to RHADI or LLOYD mailing  lists RIGHT NOW!!!

They'll bamboozle YOUwith some namedropping and hint at a SECRET SOCIETY OF GRAPPLERS!!!

They'll PROMISE to give you the INSIDE TRACK on techniques SO SECRET, even the graplers they name check DIDN'T KNOW khey had them!!!

They'll DRIVE YOU crazy with lots of CAPS and HYPERBOLE FILLED email marketing!!!

or something like that.

"Robert do you just come on the OG/UG/ATAMA to correct peoples grammar and argue? This is the second thread I've seen you completely ruin with bullshit"

OK - I guess I need to explain something.

1) It has NOTHING to do with grammar, mkay?

2) If someone says "MOST GIRLS" I'm assuming that is what they mean. This isn't grammar - it's a definition. I say "saying MOST girls is stupid" and she says "I meant some".

Some and most are VERY, very different words.

That's not grammar - I corrected her on her idiotic assumption and she threw a hissy fit.

3) If someone is lying,

it's NOT grammar.

In his ad there is the direct outright lie of "The secrets world champions keep to themselves" - what so there is a secret organisation of world champions making sure nobody else gets there? What BS is this?

Then of course there is the fact that

a) His plan incorporates 95% Hard work, dedication, perseverance , sacrifice, long term investment etc.

b) He only mentions how QUICK, EASY, IMMEDIATE, SECRET, his plan is. That is being deceptive.

I'm sorry if basic logic appears as nitpicking grammar to you. Ironically I don't think my grammar is that good at all --- but when I say MOST I know what the word means (or do you confuse words like that as well? This is something that even seven year olds have no problem with... was my opinion to high of the OG?)

Sac, one more thing:

If I said that Most blue belts tool Eddie Bravo - would this be a grammatical error or a factual one?

We would just be talking about the qualifying word "most" so I guess it was just a grammatical slip then?

The start of this thread was very promising, but it degenerated a bit by this page, so I am agreeing with the OP.

I just got back from training BJJ and saw some dudes in a makeshift gym up the end of my street. I knew the people who lived there before them, so I'd been there before, and knew I could easily approach them without startling them. So I walked up and introduced myself, told them where I lived and that it was cool to see people working out, as I don't see much of it other than guys who pick up as much as they can and benchpress it once. Turns out these dudes were only young, 13 or so, and were being looked after by their uncle, who was also happy to see others getting into being fit. I told them they were welcome to come down and get into some weights whenever they were keen, and that I train BJJ. They had no idea what I was talking about until the uncle mentioned that they watch 'cage fighting' and 'ultimate fighting'. Which is cool, because it's only been back on here in Australia for two shows. I ended up showing them how important base is, and that what is effective is counter-intuitive to natural movement, as well as how cool armbars look from different positions. These kids loved it, they're coming down tomorrow to get on the mat and learn some real technique, and have expressed interest in coming to my gym for proper instruction. It got me very stoked on where I am in BJJ. I am a whitebelt, training for just under two years, but I realised how much I have improved in just that time. I wish I had started when I was their age.

End rant/stoke on jits.

In his ad there is the direct outright lie of "The secrets world champions keep to themselves" - what so there is a secret organisation of world champions making sure nobody else gets there? What BS is this?

I'll ask Roger tonight if he is a member of such an organisation, but i'm gonna guess that he is a world champ because of his hard work, skill, dedication, familial support, genetics, good diet and determination rather than because he is a card-carrying member of some secret cabal made up by Rhadi to make his emails more alluring.