I’m Down 25 Lbs

I’m doing intermittent fasting. I started right around November 2020 or so. I’ve been doing the 8 hour window, for most of that time. For the past 2-3 weeks or so, I’ve also been monitoring my blood glucose levels incessantly. Now, I am only eating when my blood sugar drops to the 90’s or below during my eating window. So far, I am down 25 lbs. my bloated feeling has decreased tremendously since I cut out almost all carbs. I’m probably consuming less than 30 carbs per day. I’m sleeping better, feeling better, and even looking better. I’m definitely not feeling bold enough to share a picture, but at 272lbs, I am already able to see the top 4 abs starting to peek through a rather thick layer of adipose tissue. I think if I am able to continue this, and I reach 250, my abs will be as visible as an out of season wrestler. If I hit 225, I should be pretty well defined. Although I want to get far lower and hit a healthy BMI, my first goal was to hit 275. I am there. Now I will focus on 250, and so on and so on. When I posted about IF, I got a lot of support from you all, so I wanted to share my progress. Lots of great advice I received has helped me a lot to this point. I appreciate you guys. Im due to get blood work done in another 6 weeks or so. I’ll post updates on my HGA1C and other pertinent numbers when I am there. Hopefully by that point I’ll have dropped another 10-15 lbs.

8 Likes

You’ll have to change your SN

4 Likes

God willing I will reach that point…

1 Like

Great job! Can you go into more details about your diet?

2 Likes

Professor Abby

3 Likes

Diet is relatively simple. Drink only black coffee (decaf) and water (seltzer with 0 carbs is OK).
Eat only between 12:00 noon and 8:00 PM. That doesn’t mean it’s an 8 hour free for all I start with a high protein meal like egg whites with a slice of cheese and perhaps some chopped scallions. Then I wait at least an hour and check my blood sugar. At that point, it is usually at around 100 or 105When it dips back down into the 90’s- usually about another hour or so, I will have a sliced apple with some low carb peanut-butter. This helps keep me satiated. For a snack later on, once blood sugar dips beneath 100 again I’ll have a protein shake with no more than 1 or 2 carbs. I like the ISO100 shakes because they are really good flavors. Once I’m. Ack beneath 100 again, I’ll have a salad with romaine lettuce, rotisserie chicken, blue cheese, and some Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette (2 carbs). For dinner, I’ll have any proteins, and lots of steamed or raw veggies. Basically anything I want so long as it isn’t carbs or starch. After dinner I might have another apple, or some celery with peanut butter, or I’ll mix some cool whip with blackberries or raspberries as a small snack that curbs the sweet tooth. All of that is almost carb free. I don’t eat all of this every day. I’ll rotate snacks and meals and stuff, but this is a pretty basic version. You can always add in tuna out of the can, even cold cuts are usually ok as long as they aren’t sweet like honey maple ham or something. I’m never hungry, and I am feeling 100% better since using my blood glucose as a guide to tell me when I need to eat, as opposed to eating when I think I am hungry.

I admit, the first week or so of cutting carbs was very challenging because I felt like crap. I was achy, had a headache, even felt dizzy/nauseous at times. I had to clear my system.

Also, I’ve begun using exercise as a tool to decrease my blood sugar. If my sugar seems to stay too high for a while and I’m wanting to eat, I’ll do a 1/2 hour with the kettlebells, or even walk for 30 minutes. My glucose usually drops anywhere between 10-15 points soon after exercise, so this allows me to eat again.

2 Likes

How do you check your blood glucose. Are there litmus test you buy at the pharmacy?

Diets and fasting ruin your body. Eat what you want, don’t over eat and excersize plenty everyday and you’ll be just fine.

1 Like

You just read it “eat what you want, don’t over eat and excersize everyday”
This session will be free

1 Like

Congrats OP. I am happy for you

1 Like

I bought a glucose meter and strips. No prescription needed.

Thanks KJ. I’m hoping to lose 50 more at a minimum.

I was 265, now im 235 from Intermettent fasting. Hoping to get this NAGA strap in a few days lol

1 Like

I’m still at it. Down another 2 lbs. I’m doing a kettlebell workout in the AM and then again in the PM. When I workout, it is only a 15-20 minute blast workout with the 35lb kettlebells, but my blood sugar usually drops by about 20-30 points within 30 minutes. I woke up around 3:00 AM the other night with low sugar in the 50’s. I didn’t eat, but I had some water and got past it. Still seem to be experiencing liver dump in early morning hours because I woke up at about 94 as my glucose level that morning. I’m still getting a handle on it, but my body is definitely adapting. I feel hot most of the time. I’m thinking that it might be a result of thermogenesis. As fat burns in your system, it produces heat. I’ve got enough fat to start a damn forest fire.

Blood glucose will be monitored minimally invasive within the next year with no pin prick.

Yes. They say the new Apple Watch will be able to do it. I’m looking forward to it. The pin prick isn’t a big deal, but carrying the kit sucks. It’ll be great to have it right on my wrist. That’s going to also be far easier to determine when I should be eating.

I can’t eat the bird meals. Carnivore diet has worked much better for me than trying to be low carb “Keto” eating a bunch of junk. Nothing keeps me satiated better than a 16 oz ribeye. I wake up every day feeling light and full of energy. 6 foot 255 lbs btw. Prime strong husky fat Scandinavian genetics. Can be 300 lbs in months if I lose control.

I eat a lot of protein as well. I don’t eat bird meals.

1 Like

Dude this is really uninformed. Almost all models show consistent fasting and caloric limitations will increase life span in almost all mammals.

1 Like

I’m unclear as to how this is uninformed. I am already doing intermittent fasting, cutting carbs, and decreasing caloric intake.