I spoke to Evander Holyfield

Read it here

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=1749&y=2012&m=01

Good interview, Holyfield is my favorite fighter, thanks.

Quite a few.

Part two is focused on the fights.

I avoided asking the same old questions.

ttt

Holyfield would come out crying to gospel music and beat the shit out of guys favored to beat him.

Mental strength = 10/10

The ONLY guy capable of out-psycho'ing Tyson.

Mike realized he was in there with something he hadnt seen before.

I haven't commented much on any threads for a while but I've alwats liked talking about Holyfield, who's one of my all-time favorite heavyweights.

For such a small heavyweight, in an age of behemoths, he accomplished a lot. One of the mentally toughest heavyweights that I ever saw fight, right up there w/ Ali and Holmes, both of who were too tough for their own good.

My favorite Holyfield fights are his first one with Qawi (and cruiserweight), Bowe I, and Tyson I. He was also the first fighter, as a pro, to knock down Ray Mercer. Unfortunately, his and Lewis's styles didn't mesh well.

KingGhidorah206 - 
Pork Sword -  Haven't read it yet. Whats the over/under on God references? Any takers?

Only a bitchmade Skinny jean wearing fag like you would care...

Not true!  Im a huge Holyfield fan and i get worn out when i hear him get asked about a fight and he just starts in on God and Jesus.  Im fine with him giving God credit, id just like to hear a little more about what God told him to do and how he did it in the fight is all lol.

HELWIG -  Holyfield would come out crying to gospel music and beat the shit out of guys favored to beat him.

Mental strength = 10/10

Eh, Mike folded up pretty easy, he wasn't that tough minded.

Holy may have been the first guy who really intimidated Mike, but Mike had given up after a few rounds against Douglas, and other than that uppercut, was just taking his beating like a man. He wasn't trying to win any more.

he had a serious mental edge over tyson from the 84 trials. michael nunn and tyrell biggs were basically picking on tyson, making fun of him and the coaches thought biggs would be better and literally made tyson sweat down to 201 and fight tillman. tyson was under a ton of pressure and didn't respond well. michael nunn challenged tyson to take it outside. tyson backed down. nunn then became merciless in his tyson torment. and dont let the weight fool you supposedly nunn was a terror in a street fight and had already smacked tillman around and biggs in the street and was basically the alpha, which was why he was going after tyson so hard. holyfield stepped in and made nunn back off and basically 'protected' tyson from the bullies. holy was much older and mature. in the pros tyson intentionally carried biggs a couple of more rounds to punish him and nunn ended up in prison.

pharochuck -  he had a serious mental edge over tyson from the 84 trials. michael nunn and tyrell biggs were basically picking on tyson, making fun of him and the coaches thought biggs would be better and literally made tyson sweat down to 201 and fight tillman. tyson was under a ton of pressure and didn't respond well. michael nunn challenged tyson to take it outside. tyson backed down. nunn then became merciless in his tyson torment. and dont let the weight fool you supposedly nunn was a terror in a street fight and had already smacked tillman around and biggs in the street and was basically the alpha, which was why he was going after tyson so hard. holyfield stepped in and made nunn back off and basically 'protected' tyson from the bullies. holy was much older and mature. in the pros tyson intentionally carried biggs a couple of more rounds to punish him and nunn ended up in prison.

hey was that from Teddy Atlas' book?

not sure, never read it. guy who told me the story was tone loc, old school rapper. met another guy who grew up in iowa and he said that nunn was well known as a guy not to screw with. said the nunn punking tyson story was par for the course with the nunn he grew up with. said nunn had a rickson like record in street fights. when he was just a teen he would go around and try and find any guy regardless of age that was supposed to be tough and beat them up. was truly surprised no one ever killed nunn, despite being a world champ everyone knew he would eventually go to prison. complete sociopath who was robbing and shooting drug dealers basically for sport while being a world champ.

HELWIG -  Holyfield would come out crying to gospel music and beat the shit out of guys favored to beat him.

Mental strength = 10/10

THIS Phone Post

ttt for the story and also for the inside story as told by fucking Tone Loc! haha, love it!

captain_underwear - what did he go to prison for?

drug conspiracy

TimeToCrush - 
Elias Cepeda -  ttt for the story and also for the inside story as told by fucking Tone Loc! haha, love it!

Indeed! Love reading stories and then just some random ass name like Tone Loc is thrown in and it makes it all that much better.

Love that 90's generation of HW boxers.
tone loc was actually a pretty good amatuer and was shooting for 84 himself until his career got derailed

Doesn't Brian Peppers have three public nudity convinctions? 

I suppose I could check, or know something before I post publically about it. Naw, fuck it, I'll just post something dickish in the form of a question...lol

hey brother, you can call children all the names you want, but I'm not calling them or their existence, "illegitimate."  Have fun with that though   

Brian Peppers - Doesn't Holyfield have like 10-15 illegitimate kids?
last count he had 11, but like 5 of those were from affairs outside his marriage. really got raked over the coals financially in his divorce. hard to fight infidelity accusations when you had several outside kids

yeah, I bet. how many states or "no fault?" Anyone know? that has always seemed like a strange situation to have

Brian Peppers - 
Elias Cepeda -  hey brother, you can call children all the names you want, but I'm not calling them or their existence, "illegitmate."  Have fun with that though 

I'm not the one who invented the term "illegitimate" and I am using it in the proper way according to the dictionary. I suppose you are too hip for using words as they are both defined and intended, or perhaps it just hits a nerve?

Everyone that knows me knows I'm not "hip" in any regard, but I don't think whether or not a life is legit is predetermined by whether or not the child's parents were married.  We can look at the many dictionaries over the years and find lots of terms that were considered acceptable that we've since thought better of. Nothing wrong with thinking carefully about the words we use, brosef.

And obviously it hit a nerve - because I think your post and usage of that term were dickish. If you want to extrapolate and suggest something about the context of my own conception you can, I guess. But I think that's a little wierd.