I still want to see McGregor/Aldo 2

What are my chances from 0 to none?

Me too.

I believed it was possible if he lost at lightweight but now that McG took the lightweight title and seeing the kind of lay offs he is willing to take, I think it is sad and safe to say it will never happen.

Never going to happen.

I would love to see Aldo move up to lw after his fight with Holloway win or lose

Slim and nill and slim just left town.

ThatsHowIRoll -

Me too.

I believed it was possible if he lost at lightweight but now that McG took the lightweight title and seeing the kind of lay offs he is willing to take, I think it is sad and safe to say it will never happen.

Is this not the first lay off he's taken apart from when he banged up his knee? He's been fighting loads I thought.

ironbelly -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Me too.

Is this not the first lay off he's taken apart from when he banged up his knee? He's been fighting loads I thought.

Do you honestly foresee him fighting loads in the future?

The slimmest of hopes, but he would have to make 147 against Floyd, right?
All we would have to bank in after that is Conor not caring about money or the prestige of titles in higher weight classes and we're basically there.
I see no problems with this.

Only way would be if Aldo moves up to 155

After the shit Aldo caused with delaying the first, he ain't earned a rematch. 

Me too

If Aldo could survive the first round it would be a lot more interesting. He would need to mostly grapple and i don't know what that looks like for him. 

Yes

That'll never happen because it was a massive bullet dodged, and you don't stand in front of a bullet twice if you don't have to

The only hope is that the Mayweather fight doesn't happen and Aldo wins at least 2 or 3 fights in a row.

ISuckedConorsLuckyCharm -

If Aldo could survive the first round it would be a lot more interesting. He would need to mostly grapple and i don't know what that looks like for him. 

Watch the mendes fight - insane top control

Just watch the first fight.

2JupitersTooMany -

That'll never happen because it was a massive bullet dodged, and you don't stand in front of a bullet twice if you don't have to

How so?

Unrelated, but this thread made me realize that Aldo has 9 UFC fights in 6 years, while McGregor has 10 UFC fights in 4 years.

Big Aldo fan. I hope the rematch doesn't happen because I think with Conor working on his hands he'll probably get knocked out quicker this time.