I still want to see McGregor/Aldo 2

Never going to happen. McGregor has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Aldo could go on an Anderson Silva title run in his 30's, and the McGregor fans will still consider Conor champ citing "13 seconds" everytime Aldo vs Mcgregor is brought up. 

Kryptboy - Rewatch the first one.

Rewatch GSP vs. Serra 1

I'll save you the trouble, same result.

The only long time champ to not get his rematch.

Fedoral Crime -
2JupitersTooMany -

That'll never happen because it was a massive bullet dodged, and you don't stand in front of a bullet twice if you don't have to

How so?

That quick result isn't happening in six out of 10 fights, and anything that isn't quick is very dangerous against Aldo

As a big Aldo fan and Connor hater, here's my attempt at objectivity here:

- In merit terms, Aldo, as a 7 time defending UFC champ and 2 time WEC defending champ (9 time FW world champ), deserves his rematch

- In business terms for the UFC, I could see them not wanting to do it right away because of the long promo campaign they went on and having it extended with Aldo withdrawing from the first date. Injuries happen but NU should have been more careful too

Cain got KOed quickly in his first title defense then got his rematch after 1 win over Bigfoot. Aldo had 9 defenses (yes WEC was under Zuffa as well at the time and was the worlds premier FW org) and even beat a surging Frankie. But Connor moved up and was did not want to defend his FW title so he was appropriately stripped.

But Cain was a draw, Connor is a draw, Aldo is not. That's business for ya but should that mean Aldo shouldn't get his rematch?

Its obviously complicated by the fact that Connor not only moved up and won the LW title but now has this potential Floyd business.

- In terms of what Connor has achieved, while I think its still very clear that Connor was hugely aided in streamlining his way TOWARDS both the FW and LW belts, what he did WITH the title shots is unprecedented. I'm not talking about winning the 2 titles, I'm talking about the way he won. No one has taken out a guy like Aldo like Connor did and then gone out to take out the next champ up like that, favourably match for Connor or not. Eddie was still the champ.

- Stylistically, assuming Connor can still make 145 healthily, I think its fair to say that against Aldo Connor would still be a big favourite. He's bigger, longer, a southpaw that preys on shorter orthodox strikers and has probably the best power hand punch the sport has seen. Aldo's style has not really evolved much and I am not sure that style with his size can beat Connor's.

I do however think that Aldo still DESERVES the rematch and I think he can do better. Would it be enough to beat Connor? Unfortunately, esp in striking, I don't think so. But fights should be made where they are earned, not on what we think would happen. If they go on how we think they would go, there is no reason for any fight to ever happen again.

SensoriaUtopia - 

Lupo, cut out the troll shtick, its tired and predictable

I already spelled out to you that Nate was never 190 against Conor

So you have Dana the promoter, who has a vested interest to make Conor look good, saying Nate was in the 190's against Conor

You have Nate the fighter himself adamantly saying that he was in the low 170's

Yet Lupo chooses to ignore the fighter and slurp up the words of the promoter

Do you even believe your own bullshit on this?

And, Conor is a great striker, but LOL at him being planets above other guys at 155, what a load of shit.  Like I said, Conor fought Nate, and git his beat beat in the first fight and the 2nd fight, fought him to pretty much a draw in a 5 round fight that was all on the feet mostly.

I would not be surprised if El Cucuy tko'd Conor on the feet, Barboza would have a tossup chance, David Teymur, Lando Vannata, on and on.  They could beat Conor or they could lose to him, but Conor is not levels above them standing, if he was he would not have struggled like that against Nate and his wins at FW where mostly against tiny midgets according to him.

Stop  bs'ng dude

In pure striking skill, I'd agree that Connor is easily a level above the best FW and LWs strikers. Nate's chin and Connor's cardio are factors in how those guys went down but at the same time, if Nate's size is gonna get mentioned (and lets not forget it was Connor's excuse for not wanting to make the UFC 200 presser since he was fighting a taller, longer fighter or whatever), then Connor's size was just as much a factor at FW as is his reach even at LW (esp for his height).

Lets also not forget that Nate did not have a camp for the first fight and I believe he was in fact injured for the second. I think that is why he was less mobile and most importantly could not turn it up on Connor when Connor started to fade like he did in the first fight.

However, Connor still showed some good stuff in coming in prepared for the rematch and gutting his way thru his energy dumps.

People are still forgetting however that while I think Connor legit won 3-2, it was still a very close 5 round fight and that was yet another streamline for him to get his title shot coming off such a narrow decision win after getting tapped out the fight before within 2 rounds.

Barboza would get smoked though imo. He was getting beat by Dariush and has been known for having a weak chin. I think both Khabig and Cucuy are very interesting fights for him as Khabib is a sloppy striker but monster grappler. Cucuy is interesting because he's bigger than Connor both height and reach wise, also has a good chin, great cardio but is still prone to getting tagged as well. But he's got a lot of dangerous tools for Connor.

An injury, full camp Nate still gives Connor a lot of problems. No camp Nate beat him and an injured Nate still gave him all he could handle for 5 rounds. Would the fight make a difference at 155? I'm not sure. I think a bigger potential factor could be the beatings the damage that Nate took from the 2 fights and over the course of his career. But at this point, its still Nate with the finish over Connor and Connor with a narrow 3-2 win over Nate.

They did have a second fight... The first one he pulled out of and wasted all that time and money 

Would love to see Aldo move up in weight, there's not much left at FW if he beats Holloway

Aldo is strong but he is gonna be small LW. 5'7" with 70" reach. But if Frankie can do well at LW...

I do agree he should move up to LW if he beats Holloway.

Aldo threads are a haven for Conor haters to lick their 2 year old wounds. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

No objectivity, just salty tears of rage.

It's like lifting up a rock in the woods and seeing a shitload of roaches scrambling around underneath.

Bigtrain2681 -
R1WARRIOR -
KnockoutThoughts -

Conor... the only fake Champ in UFC history. The only "Champ" to never defend his belt. The only reason why he has 2 belts is because UFC allowed him to do it. Not only that, but they expedited the process for him. Anybody else would have been expected to defend the first belt a few times before even being given the opportunity at a second. 2 belts and not one title defense. Not ONLY that, but the guy got destroyed and humiliated by Nate, and was GIVEN the opportunity to regain his honor by fighting a 2nd fight promptly after, with a promise of a 3rd. That 2nd fight was never for a trilogy, it was for Conor to get his soul back. Because it was sucked out of his body after being smacked up and strangled out of his body. The guy not only lost, but lost his will. Quit before even fighting the choke..yet the UFC allowed him to fight again and redeem himself. Aldo was never afforded the opportunity to redeem himself, and that is wrong af. Conor wouldn't be the same if he wasn't given a shot to get it back against Nate. Many of us will argue he didn't do that anyways with that cowardly decision he got, but on paper it satisfies the need of redemption for the coward.

How great is Conor? Well the guy has a very good punch in his left hand, but aside from that he is nothing special. He's as great as the UFC is willing to afford him to be. They have done more to make him who he is than Conor has done to be who he is. The guy has not defended a fucking belt, nor has he proved himself. He has picked who he fights and has picked on smaller guys. He chose Nate because Nate's record implied he was beatable and it backfired. Eddie Alvarez was the easiest fight at 155lb. The guy is actively ducking Khabib and Ferguson, especially Ferguson. I hope Mayweather drops negotiations and lets this leprechaun starve. Mayweather can easily sign to fight anybody and make his money. Conor will never touch a payday of that magnitude anywhere but with Mayweather. 

This x1000. 

Fake champ that slumped the former (and current) champ in 13 seconds. Drink that in. 

JDS slumped Cain the first time they met early in the 1rst round. They ran it back a few times after that.. how did that turn out for JDS? Exactly. Only difference is JDS had the gonads to run it back.. 

Aldo looked good enough against Frankie to warrant a Conor rematch. Now, 2 guys McGregor beat are fighting for the belt he gave up. 

Id much rather see Aldo-McGregor 2 at 155. If Aldo fight without so much emotion, it could be a Machida-Shogun 1 type of a fight. 

Aldo earned the right to a rematch with his reign and dismantling of Edgar.

I think Conor wins, but it won't be in 13 seconds 

DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

After the shit Aldo caused with delaying the first, he ain't earned a rematch. 

Thanks for letting us all know how much of a complete fucking moron you are. 

Aldo owns that division, and NOBODY deserves the shot but him, fucking dipshit.  

Lol. Don't be sad. Aldo's done. Mcgregor broke his soul. Holloways gonna take it. Aldo's never getting near Mcgregor ever again. Dry your tears mate. 

Your troll bullshit is old.  Quit sucking on Connors dick, fag.  "Broke his soul"... tell us how exactly that is, because I see Aldo (and everyone else with common sense) calling for the rematch and Connor wanting nothing of Aldo.  Someone must know the punch was a once in a lifetime punch, and has no chance for a repeat.

Nationalistic delusional clowns, such as yourself, are the worst clowns to ever post on this forum.  Even more so that completely ignorant.  For the one point that you ignore blatant facts, intentionally.  

Have fun fun with that dick flavored lollipop. 

You do realize Aldo was offered a rematch and turned it down right?

Crazy how badly Aldo screwed himself over by pulling out of the first fight. Completely blew his chances of getting a rematch.

It needs to be done for history's sake. 

DanPS -
thetouchofdeath -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

Lol. Don't be sad. Aldo's done. Mcgregor broke his soul. Holloways gonna take it. Aldo's never getting near Mcgregor ever again. Dry your tears mate. 

Your troll bullshit is old.  Quit sucking on Connors dick, fag.  "Broke his soul"... tell us how exactly that is, because I see Aldo (and everyone else with common sense) calling for the rematch and Connor wanting nothing of Aldo.  Someone must know the punch was a once in a lifetime punch, and has no chance for a repeat.

Nationalistic delusional clowns, such as yourself, are the worst clowns to ever post on this forum.  Even more so that completely ignorant.  For the one point that you ignore blatant facts, intentionally.  

Lol, a fight offer without training time, outside of fight camp... yep, seems legit.  Only Diaz is crazy enough to grasp at that.  You think you're clever, you aren't.  

Yea but Aldo said he would fight him anytime and anywhere. He was presented that opportunity and turned it down.

thetouchofdeath -
DanPS -
thetouchofdeath -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

Lol, a fight offer without training time, outside of fight camp... yep, seems legit.  Only Diaz is crazy enough to grasp at that.  You think you're clever, you aren't.  

Yea but Aldo said he would fight him anytime and anywhere. He was presented that opportunity and turned it down.

C'mon man don't be stupid.. in a street fight, sure anytime anywhere. When redemption, your pro record, and history are on the line? Nah, you don't accept a handicap match. Don't let the UFC fuck you, that would be an emotional decision. If he was going to take his shot at redemption he was going to do it right. Smart decision by Aldo to wait it out. 

UFC always wants to benefit that guy anyway they can. Ppl credit McGregor for the psychological warfare before the fight, but in reality that was beyond that. UFC allowed McGregor to push the envelope with the taunts and provocations. Nobody else is allowed to go that far, and on top Aldo was restrained from even reacting. He went into the first one emotional and angry. UFC put Mendes in a handicap match. That was pathetic.. to put a guy who is not only smaller, but also came in unprepared and who didn't have a training camp to fight last minute..smh. Then the controversial clearly paid for bs stoppage by Herb with 3 seconds left in the round? Shameful.. guy has been helped. 

DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -
DanPS -
Bigtrain2681 -

Generally when people resort to homophobic slurs, it's an insight to their own psyche. You like dick. You're scared by it so project in an aggressive way. Don't worry champ, it's 2017. You'll be accepted by just coming out. 

You believe Aldo wasn't broken? Lol. You're a fucking fool then. Aldo was wrecked from the start and the fight proved it. Your man crush got slumped in 13 seconds. His mind was slumped months before. 

Yeah yeah, wants a rematch. Gets the chance just DAYS after saying he'd fight Mcgregor in a parking lot...turns it down. Whatever lip service your crush is giving, his actions prove it's little more than that..lip service. 

Nationalistic? How educated of you to deduce i am Irish but alas, you are wrong. So back to your gay innuendos and fantasies little man.