If bj wins, does he pass up hendrix?

Sorry if this thread has been made but does a win over rory make him #1 contender? Phone Post

He should fight Hendricks if he beats Rory. 

Who wants to see him lose to GSP a 3rd time?

BJ came on with a storm, fought everybody in every weight class that might be dangerous just so he could kick their ass, and then jumps all over an up and comer above his natural weight class just because he wants to beat the fuck out of someone and why the fuck not?

Protip:  Win or lose, BJ is one of the MMA dudes that won't do what we tell (ask) him to.  He'll do whatever the fuck he wants and fuck you very much if you're not on board.

I'm on board.  If anyone's earned it, it's Baby Jay.

Huge fan of BJ. One of my favorite fighters of all time but that being said no way he should pass Hendricks or for that manner even Diaz. If he beats Rory I actually like a fight against Maia. That would be such an awesome fight. Phone Post

OneGloveJimmerson - Who wants to see him lose to GSP a 3rd time?

That first time though.  He was beating the shit out of GSP and if GSP wasn't GSP BJ would've taken that fight home easily.

At the end of the fights when they were getting the gloves taken off, GSP said 'Too many fights like that, I'm gonna have a short career'.

The first one's questionable and the worst fight GSP's ever had.  That was really the first time GSP had to show what it was all about, and he did it with aplomb.  BJ Penn was the first man ever to make Georges really scared.  GSP dealt with it, but don't spit on BJ in this fight if it ever happens again.  GSP wouldn't.

1. BJ has never run from a tough fight

2. Hendricks has already said that he would pass up BJ.

'I'M NOT GOING TO FIGHT UNLESS IT'S FOR A BELT'

No it doesn't......

Bucephalus - 1. BJ has never run from a tough fight

bj has never run from a tough fight....

nah i think he sometimes just likes to take really long rests in the fourth round, im still waiting to see the fifth round against gsp to this day

iamarealamerican -

nah i think he sometimes just likes to take really long rests in the fourth round, im still waiting to see the fifth round against gsp to this day

That fight was over man. Bj was done. Phone Post

No, I don't think BJ's gonna make a run at WW. Probably just pick and chose who and when he fights, if he fights again.

WAR BJ PENN!!

Nah if BJ wins I hope they make BJ vs Condit since we never got to see that fight.

Why not, Diaz did.

I guess if Hendrix wants to fight GSP he needs to lose first.

Seriously though, I think a lot of it will depend on HOW he beats Rory if he does. Or more specifically, how BJ looks beating Rory (if he can).

Bj never looked as good as he does now when he fought gsp (physically)

And i think if they asked bj he would not say no... All the hype around hendrix and u think bj will turn down a chance to silent the hype of another up and comer? Phone Post

BJ vs GSP III.....no vaseline this time.

i dont blame him you would have to be crazy to fight BJ without cheating.

iamarealamerican - 

Allow me to educate you.

1. BJ was the only guy to ever submit Florian, who was known for a huge gas tank. He did that in the 5th round.

2. BJ was the only guy to ever TKO Sanchez, who was known for a huge gas tank. He did that in the 5th round.

3. BJ had 3 extremely close decision losses and 1 draw - all of which went the full 5 rounds - all against guys with solid cardio.

4. Losing via doctor stoppage after 4 rounds of fighting means there is no fifth round.

Have a nice day.

If BJ wins, have him fight Condit. I'd still love to see that matchup.

Mrbrownfolks - Sorry if this thread has been made but does a win over rory make him #1 contender? Phone Post

Fuck no. 1 win in a row over a borderline top ten WW shouldn't put BJ even close. He is 2-4-1 at that weight class. His only wins at 170 are Hughes. Both guys are at least two fights from being where Hendricks is IMO. Phone Post

Everyone keeps talking about his record.

BJ is one of only two guys in history to hold belts in two divisions.

Former Welterweight Champion. Deal with it.

Oh and I know the Penn fans will vote me down for that opinion. But even beating a top prospect like Rory still leaves him short at least another win or two before a #1 contender fight is all. Phone Post