If Fedor gets KO'd

FEDOR DID NOT EVEN MAKE TO THE FINALS AGAINST SOME NO NAME RUSSIANS

Fedor just has to look like shit and not be able to put Rogers away for his stock to go way down . Stupid fight against a no name opponent.

Everyone knows he should put him away in the first round.

End of his career my ass, hes a couple months older than brock and roll. But that will be the excuse that Fedor apologists use when he loses, that he was past his prime.

I hope fedors not taking him lightly. He apparently barely trained for arloski.

It honestly would not matter to me personally because it would depend on how he lost. If Rogers were to catch him and knock him out then it really says nothing. It is good for Rogers, however it doesn't say anything about Fedor other than he is actually human. Anyone can get knocked out with the right shot. Now if Fedor got dominated round after round that would be a different story. I don't see that happening though.

rogers is certainly a threat (for anyone) if he lands...

he's (most likely) not going to land and fedor will probably submit him in the first round, at least that would seem like a good strategy considering rogers' lack of ground game.

fedor could knock him out too...

i like roger's as an up-and-comer but i think it's too soon for him to face someone like fedor... but as they say... he does have a punchers chance...

Yup, that's been the general thought about this fight.  It's a LOSE-LOSE for Fedor.  Win and you were supposed to and fought a weak opponent and don't fight top competition, lose and you were never that good anyway is what you'll hear.  Dangerous fight.  Rogers has nothing to lose and everything to gain on the flip side.

if Rogers beats Fedor on CBS (which I think will happen) all hell will break loose upon the internets

Diaz 3:16 - End of his career my ass, hes a couple months older than brock and roll. But that will be the excuse that Fedor apologists use when he loses, that he was past his prime.

Fedor is 30-1, Brock is 4-1.
Minotauro is younger than Fedor but a lot of people think he needs to retire.

Boldar - Win and you were supposed to and fought a weak opponent and don't fight top competition, lose and you were never that good anyway is what you'll hear.

Only from the noobs like you (albeit that's now the vast majority), who weren't around to actually witness the full extent of Fedor's dominance as it happened - to have known how "that good" he really was, for many years now.

And will we hear the same thing about Brock about how he only "fought a weak opponent and don't fight top competition" - when in fact, Brock is fighting a similarly ranked opponent in Carwin who, exactly like Rogers, is consensus top-10 now based on only one top-level win?

And who else, what "top competition" in the HW division, is actually coming off a better win than Rogers' over Arlovski, except for Brock and Nog (whom Fedor already dominated twice at Nog's peak)? So for their next fights, Fedor is actually fighting as legitimately established "top competition" as the UFC HW champion is.

Li Mu Bai - 
Diaz 3:16 - End of his career my ass, hes a couple months older than brock and roll. But that will be the excuse that Fedor apologists use when he loses, that he was past his prime.

Fedor is 30-1, Brock is 4-1.
Minotauro is younger than Fedor but a lot of people think he needs to retire.

TAking that angle, its a good thing fedor has not taken much damage.

IrishFighter110 - Rogers sucks. Alot think he has decent boxing becuase he knocked out Arlovski.

Arlovski was damaged goods going into that fight. Rogers is another big guy who isnt afraid to move forward and throw.

Fedor is smart enough to know not to walk into him. Gonna be another highlight reel submission. Will look so easy.

Agreed.

But what if he actually does land the big one? It's probably got a .00001% chance of actually happening, but it could. Rogers has heavy heavy hands. After seeing Fujita being able to stumble the hell out of Fedor, it makes it a very intriguing possibility, however insanely slim it is.

I don't think it'll happen, but oh how it would turn the mma world upside down if it did.

Honestly, Fedor can go out, slip on a bannanna peel and knock himself out... it wouldn't change a damn thing about his accomplishments

his aura would be intact!

More than a few guys have landed clean shots on Fedor -- Fujita, Lindland, Crocop, Nog...Rogers probably has heavier hands than any of those guys and as good a finishing instinct as anyone. He certainly wouldn't give Fedor the time to recover that Fujita did.

Fedor has much faster hands, and will likely stick with the tried and true fast punch to clinch to takedown to sub. I could also see him opening up with GnP and Rogers, not having been in that position, turning on his side for the TKO stoppage.

Hong mon choi style. Fedor armbar FTW!