If Fedor gets KO'd

LOL @ vast superiority... I mean a broken clock is right twice a day right? I guess said broken clock basks in it's superiority 2 minutes a day?

Nothing's going to change the past and life is too short to be a hater IMO.

kempfer437 - If rogers knocks him out he should just retire imo...

So the best fighter we have witnessed to date in MMA thus far who has gone for YEARS undefeated, owning multiple ex UFC HW champs and is still in his prime....should retire after his very 1st loss ever ??

No I'm sorry. You're wrong.

suioryu - Fedor will get KO'd.

Didn't you say that about Arlovski when he fought Fedor?

orcus -  I would probably bump one of the "Fedor vs Anderson" threads to see if opinions have changed.

and then I will remind you about Chonan,Takase and Okami!

That would suck if Fedor loses but this place will be most entertaining if he does.

Why do people think Fedor will lose?

Finally, tomorrow an interview with Fedor will be held. Probably we'll hear some interesting information. Later on, the interview is expected to be posted at www.m-1global.com

http://allelbows.com/?p=1703

TSGIGOR -  Finally, tomorrow an interview with Fedor will be held. Probably we'll hear some interesting information. Later on, the interview is expected to be posted at www.m-1global.com

cannot wait!

FEDOR BY SUBMISSION!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does Fedor ever train in a cage? I don't recall seeing any pictures of it.

I would think Fedor gets the grappler's advantage by fighting in a cage. Should be easier to isolate Rogers and trip him down.

Some really good discussion on this thread. Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to hear opinions about a loss increasing Fedor's chances of fighting in the UFC.  No matter what, my only wish is to see Fedor fight the toughest opponents the matchmakers can put in front of him- thus proving his #1 status.  

It would not really shock me if Fedor gets KO'd at this point in his career.

After 9 years of going undefeated (and never being definitively beaten at all) - and over 6.5 years of being at the very top, as the universally ranked #1 - Fedor is almost due to drop off. Actually, overdue.

Fedor has had off-nights before - but in the last 9 years, he's still been able to win, and win decisively, even when he does. Every single time.

But I don't care who you are, that simply cannot last indefinitely for anyone, especially in MMA. So if and when Fedor does lose, he will finally drop from #1 - but he will lose much more than just his current ranking or his undefeated streak (which has been unprecedented and unparalleled).

Right now, Fedor is not just the longest-reigning #1 in MMA (by far), but the consensus greatest MMA fighter ever to this point - at least among more long-term followers of the sport (fans, experts, and fighters alike) - and that singular status is based largely upon that unmatched long-term dominance, and his thorough and continuous reign as the absolute best.

But once he loses, that reign ends - even if temporarily - and with it, so does much, if not all, of that singular, historically dominant aura, which will be cracked for good.

He will be extremely devalued at that point - much more than a younger or less mileage-worn dominant force like GSP, Lyoto, or BJ would be. (Case-in-point - GSP got embarrassingly battered by a heavy underdog in Serra - but was still never considered done at that point, and has accordingly built himself back up to be the virtually invincible #1 in the division once again. But if the Serra loss had happened at a later point in GSP's career - after he had already been on top for several years - his future and value would have definitely been more questioned as well.)

By contrast to a #1 who is at an earlier point in his career - time is not on Fedor's side.

A loss won't altogether be career-ending for Fedor, that's just ridiculously overreactive and premature - but it could actually very well be era-ending in a way, and Fedor has more to lose with a loss than anyone else in the whole sport. The consequences will extend further beyond just his first real "1" in the L column of his record.

Questions will start increasingly cropping up about whether Fedor is even still at his peak, or whether after so many years at the top, he has physically and/or psychologically stagnated or tapered off. And the specific thing that has set him apart from, and beyond, every other fighter in MMA history for years, and made him truly unique - unequaled, near-perfect, long-term dominance - will no longer be around as his main selling-point.

^ Very fair and accurate analysis of the situation.

here is the current situation:

I said the same thing about Shogun then: His injury, marriage...What happened? Forrest beat him.

This is a good time for a major upset. Fedor is nearing the end of his career, he has looked vulnerable and he just got married.

JT42382 -  I actually think if Fedor loses to Rogers, it'll give the UFC more leverage in their negotiations if they still choose to go after Fedor.  Fedor's main selling point is that he's arguably MMA's top p4p fighter and #1 HW in the world, that in itself allows Vadim and M-1 to wield substantial power in getting what Fedor wants.  A lot of that goes away if Fedor loses IMO.

Exactly.

Thats a BIG 'if'

Fedor is going to make him Tapout. If Fedor KOs him now that would be making a huge statement, and he might just do that.