If Georges is such a "martial artist"

If he were a real martial artist he'd fight a tiny baby kitten. Don't give me that bullshit about size.

CaptainAhab - If he were a real martial artist, he'd fight Bane from Batman. Don't give me that bull shit about fictitious characters.
. Phone Post 3.0

So the consensus among Anderson Silva fans is he did the right thing by not fighting Jon Jones?

Gotcha

If GSP was a real martial artist, he'd stick his head up his ass and fight for air. Don't give me this shit about dark places.

MMc AA - If he were a real martial artist, he'd fight a Cain Velasquez. Don't give me that bull shit about size.

Lol. Well done.

GSP is a true fighter and martial artist. He's been through some wars in his career and been busted up and kept on fighting. Nothing soft about him. Phone Post

If he were a real martial artist, he'd fight a that kid in San Francisco who got to be Batman for a day. Don't give me that bullshit about the kid being 5 years old.

Ray Cappa - Then why wouldn't he step up and fight Silva? And don't give that bullshit about size. He's a great athlete, a smart businessman, an acute MMA competitor. But if he were a real "martial artist" he would take the Silva fight, right after he decisions Johny and after Anderson finished Weidman. Phone Post 3.0

Actually in martial arts you're taught to try to avoid fights whenever possible - something like:

Avoid rather than hurt,
hurt rather than check,
check rather than maim,
maim rather than kill.

So a better argument for you to make against GSP being a martial artist is that he shouldn't voluntarily be getting into the cage at all.

If gsp was a true martial artist, he would fight the war on terror, dont give me that shit about oil motivated Phone Post 3.0

razrtyrone - What is a 'real' martial artist? Phone Post 3.0

tank abbott

If he were a real martial artist, he would fight Obi Wan Kenobi.

Ray Cappa - Nothing to gain by beating the greatest mixed martial artist of all time? Phone Post 3.0
He already beat BJ... Oh you mean Fedor? Phone Post 3.0

If he were a real martial artist, he would fight a bull. All I got was bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

If he was a real martial artist he would fight ronda under the right circumstances Phone Post 3.0

OP, a pleasant post you have made here. Now, I wonder if you will make your post somewhat credible, on a first person basis.

Cut weight several times, see what weightclass you would be in. After doing this, go gain muscle, to the point you are comfortable at the weight class above the orginal.

On top of this, for bonus, join a NAGA event, work your way up to champion in your rankings, then once you get there, win a couple more times. Once you have proven yourself, take time off to gain the muscle. Upon your return, you will be challenged by someone who has been comfortable at your new weightclass, ha a natural size advantage, and has been staying active in your leave.

Of course, its just as easy as you are making it sound. I have only the upmost faith in you.

And don't you dare give me that bullshit that its hardwork or unrealistic for you. Phone Post 3.0

ApolloRD -
FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye - GSP is the epitome of a true martial artist. Respect, discipline, honor.

Him backtracking on moving up to MW doesnt make him any less of a true martial artist to me. Its business and people can change thier goals in MMA if they want to.

It was frustrating as FUCK as a fan that he changed his tune, but it is what it is. Phone Post
Big Gsp fan, agree with this. Vu Phone Post 3.0
I am a former GSP fan who is actually frustrated with his safety oriented style....

But I am also not an ignorant and disrespectful child like the OP and can appreciate the man for what he has done and how he carries himself. Phone Post

CaptainAhab - If he were a real martial artist, he'd fight a rhinoceros. Don't give me that bull shit about size.

If he were a real martial artist, he would fight Oz the Great and Terrible. Don't give me that bull shit about not being in Kansas anymore.

If he were a real martial artist he'd fight the 9/11 clown, don't give me that bullshit about size Phone Post

Ray Cappa - So the consensus among g s p fans is he did the right thing by not fighting Anderson?

Gotcha. Phone Post 3.0

I think the consensus is: we are all really disappointed that Silva refused to drop down to 170 to fight GSP.