If JJ Players Want the Fight

If Jui Jitsu players (like Nog) want the fight on the ground so badly, then why don't they learn to SHOOT?

doh! I'll email them real quick and let them know!

seriously though, you think a guy like Fedor is easy to shoot on?

"seriously though, you think a guy like Fedor is easy to shoot on? " So is the alternative the butt scoot?

"seriously though, you think a guy like Fedor is easy to shoot on?"

No, I do NOT andre.......

Do you think sliding your ass across the ring gets better results?

My point is that these guys train their asses off to take guys like Fedor down, yet they will never be world class wrestlers and will never be able to consistently rely on their takedowns. Nog did shoot on Fedor and it worked once, but most of the time he was bounced right to the mat.

Nog did what he could. He stood and traded with Fedor to set up his shots, but it didnt work. The times he butt scooted were because he was just dropped on his ass and needed either a moment to recompose or the distance to get back up. Im sure he also hoped Fedor would engage his guard, but when that didnt happen Im sure he knew that butt scooting wouldnt work to bring the fight to the ground.

I'm sure that if Mino knew that Fedor would want to disengage him ont he ground, then he would have worked on closing his guard.

so you're saying mino wasn't able to adjust during the fight and try to work the closed guard? IMO mino didn't have to "know" ahead of time what fedor's strategy would be. after fedor disengaged him on the ground a few times mino should've tried to work the closed guard.

It's all about startegy, and Fedor was samrt to be afraid of Mino's groundgame.

would you say there was anything mino needed to be afraid of?

"I always find it humorous that no-nothing internet geeks think that the proper way to respond to being on the ground with an opponent standing over you, or when you're tired, and not able to immediately get back to your feet, is to stand straight up, and walk into the fire. "

I always find it humorous when know-it-all internet geeks blindly defend a strategy no matter how innefective...

Nog has taken down everyone he's ever fought, and finished nearly all of them, with the exception of Fedor (even him, he got down at least once per fight).

As for the butt scooting, again, it's not an attempt to get Fedor to come down, since that has never worked in the history of MMA as far as I know; it's an alternative to a) standing up and having Fedor cave his skull in while he's doing so or b) lying there doing nothing at all until the ref makes Fedor step back. There's at least a faint possibility of causing some minor damage to Fedor's leg, and if nothing else, it helps prevent Fedor from kicking Nog's own legs.

Criticizing it as "an ineffective strategy" is ridiculous. This isn't like Bustamante/Erikson or Vitor/Sakuraba where the fighter on the ground literally refuses to stand and engage. Basically, Nog was killing time until the ref motioned Fedor back.

yeah.. Randleman is awesome at shooting and look what happened to him.

"As know-nothing internet geek, how could you possibly know what is effective? " I know the butt scoot ain't...

"so you're saying mino wasn't able to adjust during the fight and try to work the closed guard? IMO mino didn't have to "know" ahead of time what fedor's strategy would be. after fedor disengaged him on the ground a few times mino should've tried to work the closed guard."

"would you say there was anything mino needed to be afraid of?"

• WORD. Someone throw in "you do know that this was the second time they fought, right?"

Ive also created a thread for those not accepting the results of this fight to sign in and confess their denialisms. Its entitled: "Fedor is undisputed #1 HW, fess up."

Im sure SG created this thread in response to the utterly prententious and just downright hilarious post of Your Bitch in another thread:

"If Mino wants the fight on the ground with Fedor in his guard he needs to put him there, not butt scoot and pray Fedor goes there on his own."

Your Bitch responds with:

"The same goes for Fedor. If he wants to standup with Mino, then pull him up. Don't take advantage of the standup rules, and wait for him to be forced to play your game.

The point is, if Mino wants to remain down in order to bait Fedor into engaging him there, then the has every right to do so, just as Fedor has a right to standup. If you're going to critcize Mino, then criticize Fedor.

Many of you guys simply don't understand fight strategy. You just want entertainment."

I really dont find anything wrong with pulling guard. In fact, its the perfect thing to do when you shoot, get stuffed but pull the guy down with you toward your area of strength.

But if you cant keep the guy in your guard, thats your fucking problem and you better get your ass up and fight. I cant believe I just hand to write that statement.

"If he wants to standup with Mino, then pull him up."

Do you actually, seriously believe this, Your Bitch?

Man, I thought you were a troll before...

"The same goes for Fedor. If he wants to standup with Mino, then pull him up."

• sorry, just needed another laught today.

Some bjjers never start from their feet when training, insted they always start from the knees. Its really sad.

And some bjjers do train takedowns.

butt scoot is ridiculous.

Few Train takedowns as much as they should.

OUR BITCH:

If the fighter on top gets up out of the guard, he dictates where the fight is going to happen. Thats it.

"If Fedor cannot attack Mino on his back, then he needs to stand him up. Obviously, he can't physically do that, so he takes advantage of the engagemnt rule"

• Its nice to forget what happened in the first fight, eh?

TRUTH:

1) Fedor has beaten Mino twice, is the better fighter and is the undisputed #1 HW in the world.

2) You cannot accept any of the above and are in predictable Fedor/Judo discrediting frenzy.

Let it go...

"Few Train takedowns as much as they should."

kai is correct. mino should have been in colorado springs working with the US wrestling team or with team Quest prepping for this fight and not in cuba.

forgive the abrasiveness but some of these comments are fu*(ink dumb as hell.
you guys kep saying bjj is a dying breed, but thats wht you said BEFORE mino came up.

pequeno, busta, mino, almeida, mir....arent dying breeds