If Kens Team Is So P@ssed........

If Ken's team is so pissed off at the way he's coaching and so envious of Tito's team, why didn't any of them have the balls to speak up before Kristian's fight?

Ken sat right there and asked if anybody had a problem with the way things were going and they all said No. If they have a problem, they should be able to tell their coach that so the necessary changes can be made to the training. Yet they all said Nothing.

Every trainer I have ever had would change the way you were training if you felt you needed work in a particular area. I find it hard to believe that Ken wouldn't be willing to accomodate to his fighter's requests if they would simply voice them.

I couldn't believe that they didn't say anything to him, pretty much every guty on his team was complaining about their training, why not bring it up and tell him how you feel? Instead they are gonna continue to moan about it to the cameras. I don't get it.

Exactly. It doesn't do any good to bitch and complain to the cameras and tell the world that you don't like the way your coach is training you. Tell the person who can change it. THE COACH!

I'm guessing they didn't say anything because they felt there was no good reason to say anything. In fact, keeping quiet may have been the only right move they could make.

Ken has the near-psychotic obsession with being "respected." His team was probably afraid that if they spoke up and complained he would take those complaints as a personal affront. Thinking they'd be punished with grueling tasks that would wear them down past the point of being healthy and ready to fight (and still sorely lacking in good technical coaching), they kept quiet.

We've all heard the stories of the Lion's Den heyday, after all...

what i kinda find wierd about his training is well werent the lions den known for their brutal workouts? everything i read was them knocking each other out, choking each other out etc. on tuf3 its driving range and tape watching?

Yep, that's how the Lion's Den workouts are. More like real fights than training.

I think sifu michael nailed it!

Ken is a egomaniac with an old style school of thought. On top of that, he doesnt seem the type to adapt to new things, in this case, a new style of training!

I basically feel that whoever got picked by Ken will in one way or another lose out on the knowledge that Tito could have provided pertainign to the modern styles of MMA!

maybe they want to train, but not as hard as they would if Ken put it on them.
remember the guy from the first episode didn't want to be on ken's team b/c he thought Ken would work them hard.

And I don't think Ke would over due it like SifuMichael has said.

However, I have been surprised by his training or lack thereof, so far.

remember. it is still scripted t.v.

Yeah, as much emphasis as Ken puts on being Physically and Mentally tough, it's surprising that his team is spending their time playing golf and watching movies. I exepcted to see the kind of training that I read about in Ken's books so I've been quite disappointed so far.

It's possible they stayed quiet out of respect for the chops. A wise decision.

"It's possible they stayed quiet out of respect for the chops. A wise decision."

So while they're being quiet and going nowhere, the team they're competing against is working their asses off, getting stronger, faster and more well-rounded.

Good Plan.

Respect for the chops is ALWAYS a good plan. What other plan could there be?

Agreed.

Ken does not respect someone speaking thier mind if it disrespects him.

"I'm guessing they didn't say anything because they felt there was no good reason to say anything. In fact, keeping quiet may have been the only right move they could make.

Ken has the near-psychotic obsession with being "respected." His team was probably afraid that if they spoke up and complained he would take those complaints as a personal affront. Thinking they'd be punished with grueling tasks that would wear them down past the point of being healthy and ready to fight (and still sorely lacking in good technical coaching), they kept quiet."

EXACTLY

besides every guy on kens team can kick his ass anyway

I think they were more afraid of the b33fcake and his assortment of needles.

LOL that's true. Nobody wants to get an ass full of Cypionate in the middle of the night.

Ken has started training with Paulson, that doesn't sound like a guy who is not open to new things. I think Ken realized that he wasn't doing something right.

I said it before...it's all editing. My prediction is that Ken starts to win now. I'm thinking he will train more with his team now and that will earn him the respect he wants.

I think they edited it to show the "come from behind" victory seem more dramatic.

That sounds like an interesting (and kind of believable) theory.

I agree with the editing angle, they can make it seem however they choose, but thats all we have to go on right now unless someone has some inside gossip?

I think with ken is that he knows he's getting old and he has precious little time left. Many people would consider him a legend, yet a few in the sport would also question his true ability as a fighter - and i think this is what really bugs him.