if Khabib misses weight = non title fight?

You guys need to watch more MMA to learn how this stuff works. 

If Conor makes weight and wins he wins the belt. This is known. 

Otherwise a champ would always miss weight and retain the belt by hacking the system. 

Fucking newbs. 

Cocaine Cowboy -
MattyJ -

Why wouldn’t Conor be able to win the title? 

Khabib is the champion, therefore he must make weight so it’s a 5 rounds title fight.  Khabib can’t weigh over 155.0.  People are already talking about him missing weight so he has every advantage he can. 

Then if he misses weight the ufc will strip him and the belt will be vacated. If Conor makes weight and wins he wins the belt and if khabib wins he gets to fight for the title again in his next fight. 

Media Monster -
Cocaine Cowboy -
Media Monster -

Khabib gets stripped

Tony vs Conor for the belt

There's NO way in hell Conor isn't fighting for gold that night. 

If Khabib doesn’t make weight it’s a NON title fight.  Khabib is the champion.    The ball is in his court.  Plus when has Conor ever turned down a fight?  I’m sure Conor has insurance policy to get paid more if this happens... but it’s very possible.

Dana White gets on the mic:

"Khabib has missed weight multiple times, we can't hold up the LW division any longer.  Khabib should consider WW

Conor never lost the LW title, and Tony was the interm champ until he got hurt.  It makes all the sense in the world to make this a title fight.

Maybe Khabib will fight the winner"

Conor is fighting for gold

Boom

I won’t buy it if Khabib is not fighting.

Khabib won’t make it into the ring, he will have another weight cut issue.

Calhoon - 

I won’t buy it if Khabib is not fighting.

You just made me realize (even more) what big a draw Conor is. As I would if McGregor still fights. I would too if it became Khabib vs Tony.

The rules are if one guy misss weight and the other makes weight than only the guy who made weight is eligible to win the title. Pretty simple, Khabib misses weight, only Conor is eligible to win that title, the fight goes on. We saw this exact situation play  with Max Holloway vs Anthony Pettis.

One Championship Fan -

The rules are if one guy misss weight and the other makes weight than only the guy who made weight is eligible to win the title. Pretty simple, Khabib misses weight, only Conor is eligible to win that title, the fight goes on. We saw this exact situation play  with Max Holloway vs Anthony Pettis.

Just like I said. 

Damned noobs in this bitch..

Cocaine Cowboy - 

Could you imagine?  Khabib misses weight and Conor has no chance to win the belt. 

I never even thought about this. Holy shit that will suck!!!

Malvert the Janitor - 

Otherwise a champ would always miss weight and retain the belt by hacking the system. 

Fucking newbs. 

You never saw Chael Sonnens last fight in the WEC. If a champion misses weight it has never been for the title unless it was a vacant interim. Go away troll.

It doesn't matter if he misses weight and it doesn't matter if the actual fight is a title fight. Lets just say it does happen. He misses weight.

If Conor takes the fight and beats him, the UFC will force Khabib to relinquish the title the next day and the title will go back to McGregor. 

Cocaine Cowboy - 

Lmao that is hilarious,

NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Fucking newbs. 

You never saw Chael Sonnens last fight in the WEC. If a champion misses weight it has never been for the title unless it was a vacant interim. Go away troll.

1. Eat a fat dick you nobody.

2. You’re incredibly vapid and absolutely wrong. 

Dravenlives - 

Not even a Conor fan but he's the 155 champion anyway so fuck Khabib if he misses weight give Tony the shot

go look at the poster! Khabib IS the champion! Tony and Conor were stripped!

As stated, in the UFC (not the WEC) Anthony Pettis missed weight for a title eliminator fight against Max Holloway. The title was on the line for Holloway only.

Keep trolling, though...

The Immortal One - 
Media Monster -

Khabib gets stripped

Tony vs Conor for the belt

There's NO way in hell Conor isn't fighting for gold that night. 

Hmm I think conor will still fight khabib as long as khabib isn't too much over the weight. He wants the win over khabib more than anything else, he already won the title before.

Do you not know the rules? If the champion misses weight HE cannot defend or fight for a title! Everyone seems to forget GSP vs Nick Diaz almost didn’t happen but thanks for Zuffa money they covered up GSP missing weight by half a pound.

One Championship Fan - 

Nope that was an interim title.

Malvert the Janitor - 

As stated, in the UFC (not the WEC) Anthony Pettis missed weight for a title eliminator fight against Max Holloway. The title was on the line for Holloway only.

Keep trolling, though...

The WEC was owned and operated by the uFc. THat was the last WEC show and it’s always been the same rules. It’s not the league that makes the rules; it’s the athletic commissions!

The Nevada State Athletic Commision would never allow a fighter that missed weight to defend their title!

In Bellator Brandon Halsey missed weight for his title defence against Kendall Grove. Halsey was stripped of the title, but the fight continued with only Grove eligible to win the title upon victory.

That’s two examples (UFC and Bellator) to your one. What makes you more right? 

NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Keep trolling, though...

The WEC was owned and operated by the uFc. THat was the last WEC show and it’s always been the same rules. It’s not the league that makes the rules; it’s the athletic commissions!

The Nevada State Athletic Commision would never allow a fighter that missed weight to defend their title!

So conjecture is fact now? Derp!

This is Conor. 

He makes weight, he fights for the belt. I’ll bet you a hundred bucks. 

What do you say?