if Khabib misses weight = non title fight?

Malvert the Janitor - 
NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

You guys need to watch more MMA to learn how this stuff works. 

If Conor makes weight and wins he wins the belt. This is known. 

Otherwise a champ would always miss weight and retain the belt by hacking the system. 

Fucking newbs. 

You never saw Chael Sonnens last fight in the WEC. If a champion misses weight it has never been for the title unless it was a vacant interim. Go away troll.

1. Eat a fat dick you nobody.

2. You’re incredibly vapid and absolutely wrong. 

You push a mop for a living. Don’t throw stones when you live in a glass house. I like how you changed the subject once you realized you were wrong. If you miss weight you don’t defend!

NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 
NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Otherwise a champ would always miss weight and retain the belt by hacking the system. 

Fucking newbs. 

You never saw Chael Sonnens last fight in the WEC. If a champion misses weight it has never been for the title unless it was a vacant interim. Go away troll.

You push a mop for a living. Don’t throw stones when you live in a glass house. I like how you changed the subject once you realized you were wrong. If you miss weight you don’t defend!

Yet I provided more examples than you. 

And I make a shit load more money than you, no brooms or mop buckets involved. 

You’re broke and wrong. Still wrong. 

Put your money where your mouth is, if you can pry it off your boyfriend’s balls. 

Malvert the Janitor - 
NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

As stated, in the UFC (not the WEC) Anthony Pettis missed weight for a title eliminator fight against Max Holloway. The title was on the line for Holloway only.

Keep trolling, though...

The WEC was owned and operated by the uFc. THat was the last WEC show and it’s always been the same rules. It’s not the league that makes the rules; it’s the athletic commissions!

The Nevada State Athletic Commision would never allow a fighter that missed weight to defend their title!

So conjecture is fact now? Derp!

This is Conor. 

He makes weight, he fights for the belt. I’ll bet you a hundred bucks. 

What do you say? 

HELL no I don’t bet people who can’t pay up: this isn’t about money; you are spreading assumptions as fact and you are clearly wrong: you just gave me shit about WEC middleweight title owned by Zuffa but now your bringing up Bellator stuff? Listen buddy I want the fight to happen too… this is about knowing what can possibly happen, not about money or bets or personal pride. This place has gone to shit.

Blunderhooks -

Surprised no one has mentioned Anderson Silva vs Travis Lutter. Lutter missed weight so it became a non-title fight. Anderson made weight but he didn’t get to count that win in his list of title defenses.

Lutter wasn’t the champ

Malvert the Janitor - 
NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 
NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Fucking newbs. 

Yet I provided more examples than you. 

And I make a shit load more money than you, no brooms or mop buckets involved. 

You’re broke and wrong. Still wrong. 

Put your money where your mouth is, if you can pry it off your boyfriend’s balls. 

Ok so you are Pervert The Janitor. Gross. I didn’t know I was replying to a 14 year old homophobe. I’ll let you get the last word only cause I kind of feel bad for you now.

NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 
NHB USA -
Malvert the Janitor - 

As stated, in the UFC (not the WEC) Anthony Pettis missed weight for a title eliminator fight against Max Holloway. The title was on the line for Holloway only.

Keep trolling, though...

The WEC was owned and operated by the uFc. THat was the last WEC show and it’s always been the same rules. It’s not the league that makes the rules; it’s the athletic commissions!

The Nevada State Athletic Commision would never allow a fighter that missed weight to defend their title!

So conjecture is fact now? Derp!

This is Conor. 

He makes weight, he fights for the belt. I’ll bet you a hundred bucks. 

What do you say? 

HELL no I don’t bet people who can’t pay up: this isn’t about money; you are spreading assumptions as fact and you are clearly wrong: you just gave me shit about WEC middleweight title owned by Zuffa but now your bringing up Bellator stuff? Listen buddy I want the fight to happen too… this is about knowing what can possibly happen, not about money or bets or personal pride. This place has gone to shit.

Hendricks missed weight on his first weigh in attempt during his last fight when he fought Lawler to determine who would be the WW champion (it was vacant at that point).

And Dana White said this:

Nonetheless, UFC officials had already prepared a back-up plan in case Hendricks failed to make weight a second time.

"If Lawler would’ve won, he would’ve been champion," White explained. "If Hendricks won, the title still would’ve been vacant. Obviously not the best scenario to be going into tomorrow, but it is what it is.

We can do this all night…

Blunderhooks - 

Surprised no one has mentioned Anderson Silva vs Travis Lutter. Lutter missed weight so it became a non-title fight. Anderson made weight but he didn’t get to count that win in his list of title defenses.

Exactly. Non title fight robbing Anderson Silva of the record of title defenses,

Oh he’s a persistent little guy, isn’t he?

Knows more than the President of the company, even! 

Where’d he go?! 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/14/5510332/dana-white-shocked-by-johny-hendricks-struggles-at-ufc-171-weigh-ins

Malvert the Janitor - 
One Championship Fan -

The rules are if one guy misss weight and the other makes weight than only the guy who made weight is eligible to win the title. Pretty simple, Khabib misses weight, only Conor is eligible to win that title, the fight goes on. We saw this exact situation play  with Max Holloway vs Anthony Pettis.

Just like I said. 

Damned noobs in this bitch..

Khabib has everything to lose if he misses weight and the fight goes on.

If Connor wins then Connor wins the belt.

If Khabib wins he loses the belt?

Do you really think the UFC will go with that logic?

Malvert the Janitor -

Fucking newbs. 

This. Retards gonna tard.

Dougie -
Malvert the Janitor - 
One Championship Fan -

The rules are if one guy misss weight and the other makes weight than only the guy who made weight is eligible to win the title. Pretty simple, Khabib misses weight, only Conor is eligible to win that title, the fight goes on. We saw this exact situation play  with Max Holloway vs Anthony Pettis.

Just like I said. 

He loses the belt when he misses weight. He’ll effectively vacate. 

The Conor fights for the vacated belt. See Dana’s comments above from the Hendricks/Lawler close call. 

MankTabbott -
Malvert the Janitor -

Fucking newbs. 

This. Retards gonna tard.

Some folks just forget this has already been addressed by Dana, and that wasn’t a Conor fight.

The UFC wants nothing more than to put that title around Conor’s waist. 

Dougie -
Malvert the Janitor - 
One Championship Fan -

Just like I said. 

What’s the alternaitve though? Khabib wins and he keeps the belt even after missing weight? What incentive is there for him to make weight if he gets to keep the belt anyway as long as he wins? A hit to his purse isn’t as bad as being stripped of the championship.

If Khabib doesn’t like it maybe the ufc tells him tony is now fighting Conor for the belt if he doesn’t take the fight and he can fight someone else for the next shot at it. 

da Vinci 81 -
Dougie -
Malvert the Janitor - 
One Championship Fan -

Just like I said. 

What’s the alternaitve though? Khabib wins and he keeps the belt even after missing weight? What incentive is there for him to make weight if he gets to keep the belt anyway as long as he wins? A hit to his purse isn’t as bad as being stripped of the championship.

If Khabib doesn’t like it maybe the ufc tells him tony is now fighting Conor for the belt if he doesn’t take the fight and he can fight someone else for the next shot at it. 

“What incentive is there for him to make weight if he gets to keep the belt anyway as long as he wins?”

Precisely. 

Malvert the Janitor - 
Dougie -
Malvert the Janitor - 
One Championship Fan -

Just like I said. 

He loses the belt when he misses weight. He’ll effectively vacate. 

The Conor fights for the vacated belt. See Dana’s comments above from the Hendricks/Lawler close call. 

I just don't trust the UFC and their f*ckery to follow through. 

Since when did the UFC control the decision process of a fighter failing a pre-fight requirement? Hasn’t this always been an Athletic commission thing? I remember the Lutter vs Silva debale that was a damn shame.

knockoutfighter - Since when did the UFC control the decision process of a fighter failing a pre-fight requirement? Hasn't this always been an Athletic commission thing? I remember the Lutter vs Silva debale that was a damn shame.

You think title determinations are governed by the athletic commissions in MMA?

Because they’re not...