if Khabib misses weight = non title fight?

Malvert the Janitor - 
knockoutfighter - Since when did the UFC control the decision process of a fighter failing a pre-fight requirement? Hasn't this always been an Athletic commission thing? I remember the Lutter vs Silva debale that was a damn shame.

You think title determinations are governed by the athletic commissions in MMA?

Because they’re not...

Agreed.

So what are the possibilities here?

1) They both make weight, fight, and one walks away with the title.

2) Connor doesn't make weight, he doesn't get to fight for the title. They may continue with the fight but is now meaningless in terms of title but just about who could beat who. If he wins, Khabib still retains the title. It does set up a re-match though.

3) Khabib doesn't make weight. This is a bit more tricky. If he doesn't make weight at the weigh in then he loses the title and only Connor can fight for the title. This is a losing proposition for Khabib. It does show who would beat who but then what do you do? If Khabib wins then do you have him fight Connor again for the vacant title? Do you have him fight Ferguson? 

For all the speculating morons. If khabib misses weight, he is stripped of the title immediately. And yes it will be Conor vs Tony for the title. Ferguson was put on this card for a reason. UFC is ready for a khabib injury or weight miss

Forfeit the belt

Malvert the Janitor -
MankTabbott -
Malvert the Janitor -

You guys need to watch more MMA to learn how this stuff works. 

If Conor makes weight and wins he wins the belt. This is known. 

Otherwise a champ would always miss weight and retain the belt by hacking the system. 

Fucking newbs. 

This. Retards gonna tard.

Some folks just forget this has already been addressed by Dana, and that wasn’t a Conor fight.

The UFC wants nothing more than to put that title around Conor’s waist. 

“The UFC want nothing more than to put a title around Conor’s waist”

uhhhh they just stripped him less than 6 months ago.  

Btw thanks for bumping my thread all day.  lol 

Dougie -
Malvert the Janitor - 
knockoutfighter - Since when did the UFC control the decision process of a fighter failing a pre-fight requirement? Hasn't this always been an Athletic commission thing? I remember the Lutter vs Silva debale that was a damn shame.

You think title determinations are governed by the athletic commissions in MMA?

Because they’re not...

Agreed.

So what are the possibilities here?

1) They both make weight, fight, and one walks away with the title.

2) Connor doesn't make weight, he doesn't get to fight for the title. They may continue with the fight but is now meaningless in terms of title but just about who could beat who. If he wins, Khabib still retains the title. It does set up a re-match though.

3) Khabib doesn't make weight. This is a bit more tricky. If he doesn't make weight at the weigh in then he loses the title and only Connor can fight for the title. This is a losing proposition for Khabib. It does show who would beat who but then what do you do? If Khabib wins then do you have him fight Connor again for the vacant title? Do you have him fight Ferguson? 

Great post.  Obviously # 3 is the big question.  No one is worrying about Conor not making weight.  However It will absolutely suck ass if Khabib misses weight and they fight and Khabib wins..  Based on history this is a very likely scenario.  

Trav01 -

For all the speculating morons. If khabib misses weight, he is stripped of the title immediately. And yes it will be Conor vs Tony for the title. Ferguson was put on this card for a reason. UFC is ready for a khabib injury or weight miss

When they added that fight #3 & #4 Lightweights... I can’t lie it concerns me why.  Especially since MSG still needs a main event.  But it’s obvious It was put together on like 5-6 weeks notice and is an insurance fight.  

Cocaine Cowboy -
Malvert the Janitor -
MankTabbott -
Malvert the Janitor -

You guys need to watch more MMA to learn how this stuff works. 

If Conor makes weight and wins he wins the belt. This is known. 

Otherwise a champ would always miss weight and retain the belt by hacking the system. 

Fucking newbs. 

This. Retards gonna tard.

Some folks just forget this has already been addressed by Dana, and that wasn’t a Conor fight.

The UFC wants nothing more than to put that title around Conor’s waist. 

“The UFC want nothing more than to put a title around Conor’s waist”

uhhhh they just stripped him less than 6 months ago.  

Btw thanks for bumping my thread all day.  lol 

So you’re saying they don’t want Conor as champ, chuckles?