If you're Colby, whats your gameplan?

I have a feeling it’s going to be a boring fight, either a take down with minimal damage and holding him there or it happens standing against the cage

I hope I’m wrong

1 Like

Boom, this is spot on.

Not possible…I mean what???

1 Like

I think you’re my favorite poster on here lol

1 Like

Unless Colby comes with new skills from his new gym…

1 Like

Star Wars Salute GIF

1 Like

100% this. He and Usman are far and away the best in this division. Two incredibly well-rounded fighters.

2 Likes

Yes only rednecks like Masvidal unlike inbreds like your parents.

2 Likes

I think this is a bad fight for Masvidal and I’m a little surprised to see many here thinking he will have his way with Colby.

Colby has more tools and brings an intensity/pace/versatility that’s very hard to deal with. The only guy who has been able to do so was Usman, and we all saw how the last Usman vs Masvidal fight went. I know, MMA math, but still worthy for comparison-sake.

Masvidal most certainly could win via KO, but it seems much more likely that Colby will outpace him and use his more rounded skillset to work Masvidal to either a decision or late stoppage.

To answer OP’s question: Colby will use his typical style for anyone not named Usman, and mixing up grappling with strikes at volume. That will be enough to eventually break Masvidal.

2 Likes

are we pretending that Colby isnt gonna go straight for a takedown for 25 minutes?

i alluded to that a few posts above

Anything Jorge can do Colby can do better

1 Like

Are we pretending like Jorge is going to out strike Colby? Colby will mix in a little bit of wrestling and dominate Jorge for 25 minutes.
Unanimous decision Covington.

1 Like

I like Jorge
But if u think he can stop the takedowns ill be happy to bet

7 Likes

Bo Nickal saying Colby doesnt have great wrestling technique but a good pace is a bit odd. From Bo’s perspective it makes sense,but Colby was ranked like #5 in the country in his weightclass. He’d buttrape any of the guys who used to ragdoll me.

Its gonna look like the maia vs colby fight.

Probably more like the Colby v Lawler fight.
Amazingly Colby set a record for strikes landed but Lawler looked like he hardly got touched. Just gassed out trying to keep his leg from getting molested

1 Like

Colby will push Masvidal against the cage and tire him out. He will get an occasional takedown but main thing will be cage fighting and go for finish later in the fight.

3 Likes

Same gameplan as his fight with Robbie.

1 Like

All due respect to Bo Nickal, but what’s his MMA record again? Sport wrestling and wrestling in MMA aren’t exactly the same, and without specifics, who knows exactly what he was referring to.

2 Likes