I'm at my wits end with ESPN plus app

There has been several occasions where I ordered an UFC PPV events and could not view the event on my devices. I had people over to watch UFC 248 PPV and it ended up being a complete disaster.

I am utterly confused how I continue to have these discrepancies and customer service is out of touch in helping to resolve my situation. All they ever say is you have to reinstall the app (did so a million times) or wait for the event to start (yeah, no shit!).

My issue is on the “Buy UFC 249 PPV” page. You got two options:

1. BUY UFC 249

2. Restore

When I click either one the app either keeps refreshing or gives me an error. I guess the other thing ESPN customer service said, was the problem was on Amazon’s end since they (ESPN) weren’t showing that I actually ordered the PPV? Talked to Amazon customer service and they say it’s ESPN’s app problem. Seriously WTF! It shouldn’t be this hard to watch the fights in 2020!

It’s a complete joke. Fuck it. I’ll just stream it illegally. It’s much easier. 

8 Likes

My Vizio tv is less than six months old, but I can't get the app on it. So I end up getting it on my phone and streaming to tv. That's on top of paying the monthly fee for an app I never use except for UFC, and the PPV cost, and then they show ads. I think it's a terrible, terrible way to treat devoted customers.

5 Likes

I bought that first PPV and a year of ESPN+ and it’s one of the worst purchases I’ve ever made, from layout to logging in to streaming issues. If I didn’t like Ariel and the Bad Guy (which usually streamed fine) it’d have been a complete waste. I’ve sailed away the last 6 months.

I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Never once had an issue. I usually buy the PPV a few hours prior to it's start to avoid the traffic surge of people buying right at 10:00 EST.

They should have really made it still a way to order ppv on cable tv and/or be able to buy straight off ufc.com?

Kirik -

My Vizio tv is less than six months old, but I can't get the app on it. So I end up getting it on my phone and streaming to tv. That's on top of paying the monthly fee for an app I never use except for UFC, and the PPV cost, and then they show ads. I think it's a terrible, terrible way to treat devoted customers.

The ads have always pissed me off. 

Kirik - 

Non-Frat, FUCK ESPN+, Vizio, and the UFC’s current pay model.

ESPN+ is fucked and so is the UFC’s current system, but you have entered into a whole other universe of clusterfuck by buying Vizio.

I have a 70" Vizio in the main room as well as a 40 something Vizio in my bedroom. Both are complete garbage when it comes to the smart features. Everything is outdated and crashes constantly. The 70" is about 2 years old, the 40 something is about a year.

Both have amazing image quality still and the 70" does not have a single dead pixel, so it’s hard to justify getting newer, but I am so completely let down by their software. The price should have warned me, but it is what it is.

All of our other TV’s in the house are either Samsung or Sony with exception to one off brand int he kitchen. My kid’s TV’s are all awesome and work flawless while the vizio’s are garbage.

I had to buy firesticks to make them usable. The 2 year old Vizio can’t even run Hulu anymore without constant buffering and crashing despite a hard line connection, while on the Firestick over wifi it runs perfect.

ESPN app allows up to 3 views for PPV, you can split it with 3 friends 

i have no ideo how to order

I've been using it on firetv since it came out. I've ordered at least 10 events and have had zero problems. It stil needs improvement especially the fast forward and rewinding but overall I have zero complaints. Specifically on firetv.

I tried using it with chromecast once or twice and it sucked ass. Smart tv apps are generally garbage so I could see people having problems there. Firetv in general is great for all streaming services that i've used. 

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers - 

I've been using it on firetv since it came out. I've ordered at least 10 events and have had zero problems. It stil needs improvement especially the fast forward and rewinding but overall I have zero complaints. Specifically on firetv.

I tried using it with chromecast once or twice and it sucked ass. Smart tv apps are generally garbage so I could see people having problems there. Firetv in general is great for all streaming services that i've used. 

I have firefly stick. How do I order the fight on it?

JThomasufc91 -

I bought a year of it for something like 60 dollars in August of last year and I've used it like four times.

plastekt -
JThomasufc91 -

I bought a year of it for something like 60 dollars in August of last year and I've used it like four times.

This. I cut the cord years ago so would order on youtube or go to a friends house and throw in with a couple of other guys. If you want to supprt a fighter there are better and easier ways for them to take your money. We live in the age of convenience. UFC should change there ways.

I use it on my Xbox and never have a problem. 

knocks on wood 

Kirik -

Whoa. Trouble in paradise? 

Maybe kirik is the chosen one to finally dethrone the egg. All the king’s horses and all the king’s men won’t be able to put Dana and his snow machine back together again. 

Oh, smart tv’s are trash. The CPU’s in them are always wayyy underpowered. You need a third party streaming device like a modern gaming console, roku, Amazon, or Apple TV. Night and day difference. 

I ain’t no business man, but they are gonna lose money with this difficulty… We live in an age of convenience.

Only issue I've ever had with it, is streaming quality gets super shitty at times. 

Other then that.. works fine