Im sad to say

that frank mir is the best HW in the ufc. i really really dont like the guy, and i always root for him to lose, but the only guy capable of beating him right now isnt there anymore.

Mir gets the belt in less then a year imho.

God i thought id never saw that, i feel dead inside. hold me

Felt wet and slightly warm to me, not dead.....

Frank likes to try his hands when he shouldn't, likely to get ko'd by someone he should beat.

he put kongo on his ass with a punch, plus hes huge now, comes into the cage over 265, hes strong as hell now, and he is the only hw in the ufc with amazing jits. besides rolles

i had to face the music, hes the best they have, and it makes me sad

PembrokePinesVillain -  he is the only hw in the ufc with amazing jits. besides rolles

Big Nog?!?!?

I would like to see him and Nog go at it again, just to clear things up.  Mir catches allot of shit for his brash personality but he is a great fighter nonetheless.

It's debatable whether Mir can get Dos Santos to the ground and then submit him, but I still think Junior Dos Santos kills Frank Mir in the stand up.

Poopyface TomatoNose - It's debatable whether Mir can get Dos Santos to the ground and then submit him, but I still think Junior Dos Santos kills Frank Mir in the stand up.

You're probably right.  Franks got some power but he's not as good technically as Dos Santos

PembrokePinesVillain - he is the only hw in the ufc with amazing jits. besides rolles

Big Nog?!?!?

Gonzaga?

triso - 
PembrokePinesVillain - he is the only hw in the ufc with amazing jits. besides rolles

Big Nog?!?!?

Gonzaga?
KONGO!!!!!

err...wait....fail

I think Frank would school Dos Santos on the feet and end up submitting him. Frank has great hands but no one wants to give him credit for it.

inf0 - I'm pretty sure Dos Santos would make quick work of Mir.

If Brock is forced on the sidelines for a year and Mir beats Carwin and Nog beats Cain the stage will be set for Mir vs Nog II. Mir will TKO Nog again which will set up a fight between Mir and Dos Santos sometime around late '10 or early '11. I can't wait.

I think Velasquez has a good shot.

who the fuck said Mir would beat Dos Santos standing up? LOFL man

Junior would put his lights out with the quickness

IrishRottie - Despite his win over Nog, He is still behind him.

lol

what a ridiculous fanboi comment

Caught - I think Frank would school Dos Santos on the feet and end up submitting him. Frank has great hands but no one wants to give him credit for it.

Dos Santos is the Brazilian HW kickboxing champ with a 18-0 record and a brown belt in BJJ. Mir is a fool to stand with him. He should have an advantage on the ground but how is mir gonna get him there? maybe kneecap him harding style

PembrokePinesVillain -  that frank mir is the best HW in the ufc.

Right ,and that's why he's the champ. Makes sense for a retard.

Well "I think Gray Maynard is the best LW, so too bad for Penn."

I think "Koscheck is the best 170#er, so too bad for GSP."

I think...blah, blah, blah. See how that works?

ausgepicht - 
PembrokePinesVillain -  that frank mir is the best HW in the ufc.
Right ,and that's why he's the champ. Makes sense for a retard.

Well "I think Gray Maynard is the best LW, so too bad for Penn."

I think "Koscheck is the best 170#er, so too bad for GSP."

I think...blah, blah, blah. See how that works?

Not that I agree with the OP, but your analogy is misguided.

It's more like saying "Now that BJ is dead due to holding that rock too long for a truly anaerobic workout (brah), Maynard is the best LW" or "Now that Silva has killed GSP, Koscheck is the best WW"

I think the point is pretty clear. Trying to say the best fighter in a division is not the champ is silly, ESPECIALLY if the guy you think is better than the champ has LOST to the champ recently.

ausgepicht - I think the point is pretty clear. Trying to say the best fighter in a division is not the champ is silly, ESPECIALLY if the guy you think is better than the champ has LOST to the champ recently.

That's weird. I thought the point was, since the champ is out, who's the best HW now?

Pernicious - 
ausgepicht - I think the point is pretty clear. Trying to say the best fighter in a division is not the champ is silly, ESPECIALLY if the guy you think is better than the champ has LOST to the champ recently.
That's weird. I thought the point was, since the champ is out, who's the best HW now?
I haven't checked my usual MMA news sources today, but did BLAF or Swock say he was defintely not coming back or something?