I'm so damn sick of osssss!!!!

Oh man, you said ooosss. That's so cool. You're down with the bjj lifestyle, too? Phone Post

Shaka, hang loose, brah!

2 simple rules for me. No OSSSS!! and I don't call it Jitz.

Caught_clean - 2 simple rules for me. No OSSSS!! and I don't call it Jitz.

This.

What about the way Team Lloyd Irvin says it? Ugggghhhsssss. Adds a bit of swag. Phone Post

It's an inside joke that was never inside Phone Post

See below.

The other below.

Read this article if you INSIST on saying "Osu" (or in BJJ-speak "Osssssss"), so you have some glimmer of an understanding as to what you are saying:

http://www.24fightingchickens.com/2005/08/29/appropriate-usage-of-osu/

Osu!” is a rough expression. That means it is typically used the way some mild profanity, such as the word -damn-, or slangy pronunciation such as -What up, G-? might be used in English. It is very informal, used between friends, and very close in meaning to when people say -dude- to one another. The usage is very similar in Japan.

- For real? Dang. Sickens me to the core then.

me too bromoplata. *fist bump. blow it up.

agreed.

OOOsssss.

I pronounce Roger like Hodger so that people will know I'm "with it".

Christophr - I pronounce Roger like Hodger so that people will know I'm "with it".

or maybe its because thats how its meant to be pronounced... Phone Post

CUO needs to start looking for the positives. He's always unhappy about something. 

I remember walking into a Shotokan dojo about 30 years ago (as a snot-nosed 13 year old high school kid), and the head instructor (T. Mikame, a 7th dan and former All-Japan champ) walked right up to me and said "Osu!"

My buddy (who was a student there, he brought me there to check it out) was shocked for a second, and then said "Dude, I think he likes you, he don't say that to everyone!" :-P

I was complimented but confused and said, "OK, cool, but what the fuck did he just say???" My buddy responded, "Fuck if I know, it's some Japanese thing! I think it translates to something like 'Yo!'" LOL

MickColins -  CUO needs to start looking for the positives. He's always unhappy about something. 

We found an ossssss user Phone Post

Caught_clean - 2 simple rules for me. No OSSSS!! and I don't call it Jitz.

Truth.

"We found an ossssss user "

We say it at the end of class, I don't know what the big deal is. Do people use it more in California? I've probably heard "porra" more than "oss"

Never used it.

A karate guy says it but he is a 3rd Dan black belt in shotokan or some shit so he is used to saying it

Was never around when I started Jiu jitsu and I've only noticed it the past 2-3 years but it's getting more common