• Jose Aldo

• Fedor Emelianenko

• Urijah Faber

• Hideo Tokoro

• Joachim Hansen

• Eddie Alvarez

• Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

• etc

-- guys who go all out from the opening bell with no goal in mind but to finish their opponents by sub or KO, and who don't demonstrate that by flailing like Toughman contestants but by combining their high level of skill with non-stop pressure.

Think of how incredible it would be if everyone fought like that rather than clinching against the fence or lying on each other on the ground or circling and throwing jabs from 10 feet away or brawling like grade schoolers.

A fear of losing has gotten the best of too many fighters.

good call on Tokoro

Fedors Sweater - A fear of losing has gotten the best of too many fighters.

This is part of the reason why some champs aren't exciting as before they were champs. 

Word. I'm here to support exciting fighters. Fighters get paid to finish. If you disagree just ask Yushin Okami

Justinmacd - 

It shouldn't.

Think Gonzaga will ever get cut? Fuck no. Win or lose he's always in an exciting fight.

Why is Alessio Sakara still in the UFC after losing a ton of fights? Because every single one of them end in the first round.

If you put on a good show and show a decent level of skill, there is no reason to worry about losing.

Thales Leites/Sakara was awful, and Sakara was just as much at fault if not more so than Thales.

I left out Wanderlei. I love him and his spirit is what the sport is all about, but honestly too often he seems to just be brawling and relies on landing first with the big shot, even in his prime.

Henderson has had many less than inspiring performances. Both the Franklin and Palhares fights were not exciting and the Bisping fight was hardly a barnburner before the KO.

Shogun is a good pick and I think I just forgot him because his uber-conservative approach in the Lyoto fight was still fresh in my mind. But yeah, he belongs on there. High skill in all areas and constant aggression.

Aggression + pace + skill + always looking for the finish is what I'm talking about here. Marquardt is another example, and a particularly good one because he has done a total 180 from how he used to fight.

Carlos Condit

Donald Cerrone

Miguel Torres

Gegard Mousasi

Manny Pacquiao

There are lots of them out there, but I'm greedy and want everyone to fight like that.

"A fear of losing has gotten the best of too many fighters. ""

Maybe, but skill combined with aggression and pressure is often the best way to win, and many times going for the finish is less risky than playing for the decision, due to iffy judging and the danger of letting your opponent have the full length of the fight to catch you with something.

Lion Takeshi

Genki Sudo 

Minowa

Igor Vovchanchyn
Kazushi Sakuraba
Frank Shamrock

ttt for fighters who fight like there's no time limit.

Just doing some good old fashion old thread hunting, and I found this gem :)

I will gladly ttt this for the OP being has it's more relevent now more than ever!

He may not go out from the bell flailing his arms but Jon Jones is a lethal finisher and always puts on exciting fights. I think he is just as deserving to be on that list. He is a perfect example of someone who fights in a manner that shows "fear of losing". The variety and boldness of some of his moves prove that much.

orcus -  fought like:
  • Diego Sanchez
  • Jose Aldo
  • Fedor Emelianenko
  • Urijah Faber
  • Hideo Tokoro
  • Joachim Hansen
  • Eddie Alvarez
  • Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
  • etc

-- guys who go all out from the opening bell with no goal in mind but to finish their opponents by sub or KO, and who don't demonstrate that by flailing like Toughman contestants but by combining their high level of skill with non-stop pressure.

Think of how incredible it would be if everyone fought like that rather than clinching against the fence or lying on each other on the ground or circling and throwing jabs from 10 feet away or brawling like grade schoolers.

Preserved in case of edit.....

why the hell isn't nick Diaz mentioned yet?

I think most fans are a little too picky about what fighters they find exciting, but most of the guys listed here are awesome to watch

32Hunter -  why the hell isn't nick Diaz mentioned yet?

And Nate Diaz Phone Post

Habitual Point Fighters
Demetrious Johnson
Rashad Evans
Chad Mendes
Michael Bisping
Yushin Okami
GSP
Jake Shields
Mike Pierce
Rick Story
Jon Fitch
Gray Maynard
Frankie Edgar
Dominick Cruz
Joe Warren
Ben Askren
Charlie Brenneman
Tyron Woodley
Chael Sonnen
Jacob Volkman

Point Fights When it Counts
Ryan Bader
Clay Guida
Gilbert Melendez
Gleison Tibau

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1965816 

RyannVonDoom - 
Haulport - 

This. Zuffa has created this.

Indeed.