In a hypothetical Paul vs McGregor boxing bout, one elite MMA coach picks Paul

According to Conor Nate Diaz is 8 feet tall and 500 pounds. A living giant. Like bigfoot.

The Paul brothers are much bigger than Nate Diaz.

Conor is the goat at 145

At 205 he would get beatup by a YouTuber.

If Mayweather looked like shit against the worse Paul brother, Conor would be put to shame against the one that has some power and semi pro level boxing skills.

Weight classes exist for a reason.

Unless you’re BJ Penn apparently.

1 Like

Conor by whatever he wants,

Jake Paul is 5’11” 189 with 15% body fat
Conor is 5’9” 175 shredded

The size difference isn’t enough for the sloppy ass Paul brother to overcome the skill gap.

I’d favor Conor by instant KO over Askren as well, and I also think he’d put a clinic on old man Woodley in a boxing ring, something Paul failed to do with his iffy split decision.

1 Like

I don’t buy your statement that Conor is 5’ 9" and 175 lbs. at all.

He looks like he always has, now your are saying he was cutting to 145 from 175…Hell no. Even his bio says he walks at 155. He is way too small to fuck with Paul, he would get knocked the fuck out in short order, and I don’t care for Paul even a little bit.

2 Likes

Conor cant take a punch I give him two rounds before Paul knocks him out.

1 Like

To put the two names in the same sentence is a joke

U said Conor is goat @145

I beg to differ. I say Aldo.

But we all have opinions…

2 Likes

His bio where? Logic says he does not walk around at 155. He has been competing there, so how is he walking around at the exact weight when we know he’s cutting? If he fights at 170, you’re saying he just very quickly puts on 15 lbs of mass while retaining his speed and explosiveness, then loses weight again to compete at 155?

When he used to fight at 145 we know he didn’t walk around at 155 cause he was depleting himself to get to featherweight. Now he’s older so naturally he carries more mass and now all of the sudden he’s able to walk around at 155? How easy that would have been if he’d have just done that between 2013-2015. Any way you slice it, it doesn’t make sense.

I don’t know how much of a size difference there would be but I don’t think it would be enough for Jake to overcome the skill discrepancy. Conor is a FAR more skilled boxer.

3 Likes

That argument can certainly be made. Conor got his belt and moved up.

Aldo was fucking phenomenal. And for so many years. Still wish we got to see Conor against Frankie Edgar.

And now the new 145ers.

At this point I’d like to see Conor vs Volk and Ortega.

1 Like

Ita a great match up, huge $$$$

Conor wins

1 Like

If he walks at 55 why did he have to cut to 70 in both of those fights with Diaz.

I think I heard he was walking at 173 in the 2nd fight with Diaz.

Conor definitely looks different now than when he did when he was strictly 145 in the UFC.

If you questioned anything, question the 5’9”, he wears bigger heels than his woman most of the time.

1 Like

I always thought Frankie’s chin was too suspect to beat 145 Conor.

LOL at Conor walking at 55

5 Likes

I think he probably walks around lean 170+

Still, Conor without a reach advantage isn’t the same.

Conor vs a bigger man, with power, although far less skilled, I think there is a good chance Conor wilts.

Back in tbe day I would have never said that.

Seems apparent to me when Conor struggles he gives up.

I used to be a big fan. Now I can’t stand the guy

Facts are. He doesn’t walk around at 55 (174-178)
He is not 5ft 9. He is 5ft 8 at best

1 Like

I think he still beats Jake, reach advantage or not. I agree that he likely walks around at about 175, maybe a maximum of 180. I’m of average height at 5’7”, and he looks about my height, maybe an inch taller.

I don’t think Conor has declined because of fighting bigger guys. I think it’s a combination of factors, including a lack of evolution.

2 Likes

If youre saying he loses to Jake, Im telling you right now, not a chance

1 Like

He ko’s Jake in under 3rounds

1 Like

And maybe you’re right. I still have my reservations.

I think Conor would be the favorite, but I could see Jake winning.

And I don’t think Jake is anything more than a semi pro boxer

1 Like

I personally don’t think he has declined in his striking skill but probably in his motivation he has. His opponent are just getting smarter and wrestling him the first round to tire him out. Using a smart game plan against him

1 Like