In his 3rd pro fight, DC beat boxer who is now 31-3

All the talk in recent years about how tough the early comp should be for Pico, Nickal etc…

I remembered DC beat a legit HW, Tony Johnson early in his career so I went and looked at his record and notice DC also beat Lucas Browne in his 3rd pro fight before fighting Johnson in his 4th fight.

Browne was 5-0 in MMA at the time and 2-0 in boxing. Just found it interesting he is now 31-3 in boxing and has wins of James Toney, Ruslan Chagaev etc…Dillian Whyte stopped him in the 6th.

By his 10th pro fight DC had beat Monson, Bigfoot and Barnatt and won the Strikeforce GP as an alternate.

Coker has put on some great GPs in his career.

14 Likes
1 Like

DC didn’t even get a can in his first pro fight. Apparently Frazier was a 2x state champ in Oklahoma.

Bo would do the same to boxers of his size inside the cage

I love posting this pic on Boxing twitter posts and seeing the boxing community lose its collective shit

9 Likes

Of course, we all know its an issue of punchers chance but I just never knew DC fought Browne as the fight happened on a small show in between his Strikeforce Challenger fights.

I’d never seen any of DC’s first five fights besides the Johnson fight.

1 Like

Lucas Browne is also a WBA heavyweight champ. DCs jumped right into the lions den from early on in his career and still never lost outside a title fight against the GOATs of LHW and HW.

DC is easily in my top 5 all time p4p

7 Likes

I wasn’t aware either. Looking at his record right now his first two fights were right away in Strikeforce. Pretty nuts honestly

Yeah but what happens if the guy on the right has trained some wrestling? Hard to explain

The Olympic wrestler still takes him down with one try lol

5 Likes

Street fight is not olympic wrestling, jones or stipe or Gustaffson did pretty well against such a decorate wrestler

1 Like

Sidestep training would be best in this situation. Specifically 6 months.

8 Likes

Your statement does not make all that much sense. Jones and Stipe had a lifetime of wrestling and Gustaffson had well over a decade of wrestling at the time he fought DC.

1 Like

Mike would bite his face off :joy:

While it was smashed all over the concrete, doubtful.

2 Likes

….And that fatty on the left got beat up by a lanky skinny guy…. Twice

2 Likes

… ok and JBJ would beat up boxers in a real fight too

2 Likes

DC run in Strikeforce was epic. I remember thinking he probably won’t go far and damn was I wrong.

Hanging this today

5 Likes

Very nice. Where did you find that gem?

Snatched it from a bar back then , catch remember which event

1 Like