Irvin, Family and Vera Attacked by 2 Gunman

Peep the story http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/10/6/629281/bloodyelbow-com-exclusive:

Speaking exclusive to BloodyElbow.com, world champion grappler Lloyd Irvin said his home in Accokeek, Maryland was invaded by two armed gunman on Saturday morning at approximately 4:30am.

According to Irvin, the two gunman held Irvin, his son, wife and UFC light heavyweight contender Brandon Vera at gun point while demanding to be directed towards valuables like cash or jewelry.

While one gunman held Irvin's family hostage, another gunman directed Irvin to the the master bedroom. According to Irvin, he led the gunman toward his bedroom. Once in the bedroom, Irvin said he noticed the other gunman was far enough away down the hall to make a move to disarm the attacker in his bedroom. Irvin, an expert in Sambo defensive gun and knife techniques, was able to get ahold of the gun in the attacker's hands, first separating the clip from the gun and then removing the gun from the attacker's hands.

At that point, the attacker in Irvin's room ran yelling to his accomplice that Irvin had his gun and both gunman fled the house. It's not clear what, if anything, they were able to take with them. Police were called to the scene and have launched an investigation.

TTTRUTH

WTF?  They were at my BattleFC show on Saturday night.   I am sorry to hear this. 

seems fishy

ttt

Who's the Master!

I am not going to say anything negative about Irvin for doing what he felt he had to do in that situation. Fact is, unless you are in the situation you don't know what you should do or would do. There is a lot about an issue like that you cannot tell from a quick second hand summarization and when there are guns invovled especially with a "home invasion" scenerio, nothing is certain. They could have killed them all. Luckily no one was hurt.

Lloyd Irvin and wife.

JKennedy - 
Once in the bedroom, Irvin said he noticed the other gunman was far enough away down the hall to make a move to disarm the attacker in his bedroom.

Great with another guy with a gun on his wife and kid he plays hero.

Why do people always have to talk sh#t?  One of the gunmen had left the room when he disarmed the guy. You don't even know the full story and all you can do is talk sh$t. They could've died. No one was playing hero, he had an opporunity and he took it.  Because of that his family is alive. So STFU

Mr_Lombardo - dumbest shit ever

his wife could of got murdered

while he was playing hero

give the man the money and

dont be a fuckin douche roller
If he hadn't done anything they could have all been raped, tortured, whatever.  I may die, but I'm not going down without a fight if given a chance.

On a side note, is worrying about dropping the magazine out a great idea since there is still one in the chamber?

Whoop Ass Radio - Peep the story http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/10/6/629281/bloodyelbow-com-exclusive:

Speaking exclusive to BloodyElbow.com, world champion grappler Lloyd Irvin said his home in Accokeek, Maryland was invaded by two armed gunman on Saturday morning at approximately 4:30am.

According to Irvin, the two gunman held Irvin, his son, wife and UFC light heavyweight contender Brandon Vera at gun point while demanding to be directed towards valuables like cash or jewelry.

While one gunman held Irvin's family hostage, another gunman directed Irvin to the the master bedroom. According to Irvin, he led the gunman toward his bedroom. Once in the bedroom, Irvin said he noticed the other gunman was far enough away down the hall to make a move to disarm the attacker in his bedroom. Irvin, an expert in Sambo defensive gun and knife techniques, was able to get ahold of the gun in the attacker's hands, first separating the clip from the gun and then removing the gun from the attacker's hands.

At that point, the attacker in Irvin's room ran yelling to his accomplice that Irvin had his gun and both gunman fled the house. It's not clear what, if anything, they were able to take with them. Police were called to the scene and have launched an investigation.

Man, that's crazy. Thankfully Brandon, Lloyd are physically ok and hopefully they can get justice.

douche roller!!

Where the fuck are all these trolls coming from seriously

Anyone that has something stupid to say without knowing all of the facts are idiots.

I assume Lloyd figured they were going to get shot anyway so he had to do something. High risk, higher reward. Props to Lloyd Irvin!

If he didn't act we could be reading about how his wife was raped and they were all murdered.

The sheep is strong in this thread.

I am sure Vera was ready to attack as well.

First of all, Lloyd said there was no money in the house. Second of all, why would you assume that they would leave?  You're an idiot!  If you think a person can't break into your house, you're an even bigger idiot.

Holy shit. I have to assume there is more to the story. No one is stupid enough to fight with an attacker while another is pointing a gun at their family.

No matter what you think you know, if someone has a gun, just give them your material possessions. Losing your family to save your expensive watch and shit is just ridiculous.

you all wont mind if i dont believe a word of this will you