Irvin, Family and Vera Attacked by 2 Gunman

too bad rhadi wasnt there so he could lift the house and shake the thieves out

All of you guys bashing Irvin are idiots!

I have seen numerous house invasions in which the families were killed AFTER cooperating with the robbers. There is a well known case where after cooperating with the invaders the father was beaten into unconciousness and then his wife and daughters were raped and the house was set on fire. The father awoke and escaped (he was in the basement) He could not get upstairs and his family died.

IT IS YOUR Decision if you act! Every situation is different!

wow.  glad they are ok.

please stop the ridiculous snap judgments.  You weren't there, you don't know what the situation was like. 

There are risks on both sides.  Even if they cooperated, they still could have been shot or otherwise harmed 

DiscoNfrno - 

On a side note, is worrying about dropping the magazine out a great idea since there is still one in the chamber?

Many guns won't fire if the magazine has been ejected, even if there is one in the chamber.  It's a safety measure.

Without knowing the whole story you can't judge.

Thank God nobody got hurt

KidJustice -  All of you guys bashing Irvin are idiots!

I have seen numerous house invasions in which the families were killed AFTER cooperating with the robbers. There is a well known case where after cooperating with the invaders the father was beaten into unconciousness and then his wife and daughters were raped and the house was set on fire. The father awoke and escaped (he was in the basement) He could not get upstairs and his family died.

IT IS YOUR Decision if you act! Every situation is different!

Thank you!

"too bad rhadi wasnt there so he could lift the house and shake the thieves out"

QFMFT!

Mr_Lombardo - still pretty stupid imo

they just wanted the money

give the cash and let them leave

he was a douche roller for letting them get in the house in

the first place imo

Are you friends with the gunmen?  Then how do you know what they wanted?  

Do you know how they got into the house? 

Please create a new screenname and start over, KKM 

I am in no way judging Lloyd. What I am saying, is there is probably considerably more to the story.

Jeff Jannelli - Who's the Master!

ShoNuff!

It's not like any of us know the layout of Lloyds home, or how exactly they were confronted. What room were they being held in when the one perp led Lloyd to the bedroom? What was their demeanor? Maybe Lloyd could see in their eyes that they were scared or something....

We've all heard of horrific crimes where someone has cooperated with their attackers and are still seriously maimed or even murdered.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if the statistics show that the outcome is in your favor to FIGHT your attacker....

JKennedy  I hear you... I just really hate when people bash others for acting/not acting..... If you were not there you don't know the whole situation.

I've been in Law Enforcement since 1991 and I've been teaching Self Defense and Police Defensive tactics since 1993. I'm also a victim of violence when at the age of 15 I was kidnapped and tortured for 3 hours, stabbed 6 times, choked and then left to die. I did nothing during my attack because I was frightened, but I did escape after my attacker had left the home believeing I was dead.  Being a victim is what led me to martial arts and being in Law Enforcement. I did nothing to stop my attack and I regret it to this day, but I'm not sure that if I would have done something differently the situation would have changed.

My point is that those who would do us evil do not always give up when we chose to comply.....

SPoulin - Holy shit. I have to assume there is more to the story. No one is stupid enough to fight with an attacker while another is pointing a gun at their family.

No matter what you think you know, if someone has a gun, just give them your material possessions. Losing your family to save your expensive watch and shit is just ridiculous.

Assuming people who have the balls to break in WHILE YOU ARE HOME, AND ABLE TO IDENTIFY YOU LATER wont simply kill you after they get what they want is just as, if not more ridiculous. People who just want shit break in while you are out, crazy/murderous people break in while you are home. He did the right thing (which since his family is safe is pretty obvious).

Sounds like a fishy story. Glad noone was hurt though

ttt for updates

shout out for PG County!!!

Second highest crime rate for any county in the US. I was born and raised there and I wouldn't go back to visit my home town. Total shithole.

Mr_Lombardo - dont care bro

i had some very very harsh incounters with the police

in my day

i hate all police with a passion

this is a free country and i have earned the right

to hate the fucking police and Homoside

Free country, sure, But I am guessing with your intellectual point of view you didnt bother to read the forum rules of conduct. The forum aint "free" with regard to speech.

I cant believe people are criticizing Irvin. What a bunch of fucking tools. Its hard to protect your family if someone takes you into another room and blows your head off.

"but if somebody pulls a gun on me, I assume the worst regardless of what they say."

Exactly. Your actions should be based on that assumption.

Lots of people making claims on here, as if they know what happened, as if they were there...

Making judgments about Lloyd, character judgments, while not knowing ALL the facts and not knowing exactly what happened - that's uncalled for. The article about what happened, that's the very SHORT story without all the details.

To the people making these claims, like "Mr_Lombardo" and some others - who are YOU? Who are any of you?

These scumbags could've raped his wife, killed his kid and the others in the house - could have - and I believe the safest thing to do is to assume they would have - so, in that kind of situation, if a gunman has you and your family and friends lined up and making you go FACE DOWN on the ground... you've got 2 choices: you can die, or you can kill the motherfucker.

You can only think about what you might've done - or you can talk out of your ass and say what YOU would've done... and make ill-informed judgments about my friend and call him out on a public forum.

I'm just glad Lloyd and his family didn't get hurt... and the REASON they all didn't get hurt - or worse - is BECAUSE Lloyd decided to do something. Because of that decision, everyone in the house is still alive. It was a "life or death" decision and thankfully nobody got hurt.

ttt