Is Aaron SImpson a Gimme Fight for Mayhem

Most big names that get signed by the UFC fight big names right off the draw. Is Mayhem getting a free pass by drawing Aaron SImpson as his first fight?

No. Simpson hits hard, is a great wrestler, and is pretty durable. Even though I'd say Mayhem is the better fighter than him in every area aside from wrestling, if Simpson can keep his cardio in check for 2 rounds, he'll probably win by decision. 

GetJimiPosterBoyInTheUFC! -  No. Simpson hits hard, is a great wrestler, and is pretty durable. Even though I'd say Mayhem is the better fighter than him in every area aside from wrestling, if Simpson can keep his cardio in check for 2 rounds, he'll probably win by decision. 

Where are people getting that Mayhem has an edge in striking?

He might be slightly better from a technical perspective, but Simpson has brutal stopping power, which IMO more than makes up for any technical shortcomings. 75% of Simpson's wins have come via T(KO) compared to only 25% of Mayhem's wins. I'd say Simpson is clearly the more DANGEROUS striker, even if his technique isn't all that pretty.

Steve4192 - 
GetJimiPosterBoyInTheUFC! -  No. Simpson hits hard, is a great wrestler, and is pretty durable. Even though I'd say Mayhem is the better fighter than him in every area aside from wrestling, if Simpson can keep his cardio in check for 2 rounds, he'll probably win by decision. 

Where are people getting that Mayhem has an edge in striking?

He might be slightly better from a technical perspective, but Simpson has brutal stopping power, which IMO more than makes up for any technical shortcomings. 75% of Simpson's wins have come via T(KO) compared to only 25% of Mayhem's wins. I'd say Simpson is clearly the more DANGEROUS striker, even if his technique isn't all that pretty.
Mayhem's got a hell of a chin though, and like you said, he's more technical. And Simpson's "brutal stopping power" deserts him after the first round as he begins to gas. And look at who he's fought....he hasn't stopped a single one of his recent opponents(Herman doesn't count).

simpson is the favorite in my eyes in this fight..hes like a better version of tim kennedy

I think Simpson has a better chin but mayhem should win a 29-28 decision Phone Post

The "A train" is no gimme fight for anyone.  He's a great fighter.  I do think Mayhem wins this but its not gonna be some lopsided beatdown.

Not an easy fight but I think Mayhem wins.

goku - simpson is the favorite in my eyes in this fight..hes like a better version of tim kennedy

From what I've seen he doesn't seem anywhere near as good as Kennedy.

Simpson is the better fighter.

"The "A train" is no gimme fight for anyone.  He's a great fighter."

Agreed

I don't see it as a gimme fight. I think Simpson poses a real threat in both his punching power and also his ability to control with wrestling. If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Mayhem, but Simpson could surprise some people if he comes in with the right strategy.

Definitely not a gimme fight. Simpson is leaps and bounds better as a wrestler, hits like a truck, and is still improving. To me it's actually a pretty tough debut with a fair amount of risk for Mayhem.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  Not at all.  Very tough fight.

MentaL -  mayhem is leaps and bounds above simpson, some of you are crazy.

ttt this when Simpson wins

DamonMMAWeekly - Definitely not a gimme fight. Simpson is leaps and bounds better as a wrestler, hits like a truck, and is still improving. To me it's actually a pretty tough debut with a fair amount of risk for Mayhem.

I agree a lot of risk. I think if he wins he was supposed to, but if he loses I think its knocks him down the ladder quite a bit. Simpson maybe a tough fighter, but at the end of the days wins count more than being game.

Has the TS ever seen Simpson fight? I would give him the edge in this fight.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  Not at all.  Very tough fight.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/middleweight/

40   Jason Miller

Last Fight: 9/25/2010 [DREAM]
24-7-0

41   Kyle Noke

Last Fight: 2/27/2011 [UFC]
19-4-1

42   Aaron Simpson

Last Fight: 3/26/2011 [UFC]
8-2-0

Thank you for showing just how deluded people are who rank Miller above Bisping.

^^

Im Really beginning to think your gay for the dude.