Is Bellator generating any profit?

lol, you clearly don’t know who owns it

Almost every major sport gives around 50% of its revenue to athletes. Bellator was recently estimated giving 47% to fighters so on par.

UFC gives 16% to fighters.

How the UFC is not sued or their is still not a fighters union is crazy to me.

2 Likes

I agree. It would be great to see them grow and be healthy competition for the UFC.

Unfortunately I don’t think they were ever going to get there with the business model of taking on UFC fighters past their prime and putting them through seemingly worked bouts.

It’s hurt the viewership of their legitimate cards with quality fighters

1 Like

I clearly do. You dont think big biz cheats?

Fuck outta here

1 Like

Sued for what exactly?

They have some of the worst marketing which is pretty much almost no marketing. I think they have a lot of potential if they can ignite a wave of new fans like UFC did with TUF or UFC on FOX

What don’t you like about it?

Yeah it was a bad move taking washed out ufc fighters and putting them versus each other. Problem is, the Royce Gracie and Kimbo fights drew large amounts of views. I highly doubt casuals even care about the multiple grand prices they have put together … I mean, if you can’t get folks to tune into a stacked tournament then what do you do?

1 Like

I’ve never enjoyed the production or the commentators. I wasn’t interested in the freak show stuff and I’m not interested in ufc washouts. They haven’t had a ton of compelling fights. Sure they have one here and there, but overall I find it uninteresting.

1 Like

Dont forget all the crooked match fixing, shady backstage dealings and even referees blatantly screwing non japanese fighters.

Agree 100%

The answer is stars like MVP. If they had more of those they would have more eyes.

Unfortunately he didn’t really work out and they don’t really have anyone else like that with legit star power

2 Likes

the name itself sucks, it should be Showtime MMA

3 Likes

isn’t advertising a major source? How else can the UFC have garbage cards like yesterday and make any money?

Ufc was simply fulfilling their obligation to espn to provide content. ESPN must not have made any stipulations about ranked fighters being on their cards. I believe the ufc raped espn with this deal.

Well, that proves it. They are generating profit!

1 Like

Did you guys read the article that was posted? Bellator was profitable in the years 2019 and 2020. I’m sure DAZN played a big role in that. The 8 years before that resulted in total losses of $100 million. We can argue whether or not they can and will be profitable in the future, but we already have the answer to the question in the OP.

Possibly but also possibly not. Am I too late to the ambiguous answer party?

Sued for what exactly?

I guess DAZN is more popular than I thought because they basically fell off the map for me once they moved there. The younger demo is more prone to streaming so maybe that’s accurate.

Strikeforce I believe was profitable when they were with Showtime?

Ummm, except we don’t actually know the numbers for 2019 and 2020…If you read that article, they only had reported revenue up to 2016, then the author said they received numbers to 2018 where Bellator still posted losses. The numbers for 2019 and 2020 were 100% projected. It’s possible they turned a profit in 2019 if those numbers projected are accurate, but we don’t actually know. As for 2020 that projection would be totally off due to Covid. They had to cancel numerous events, and received little to no ticket sales for events they did hold that year.