Is Bellator generating any profit?

Okay so they are projected numbers. The leg were probably based on the DAZN deal, which gave them guaranteed revenue. Now we have even less to talk about unless somebody has access to the real numbers.

I donā€™t know if Strikeforce actually turned a profit but I remember reading somewhere years ago that they were making a small positive net income during those last few years. The Showtime deal was supposed to give them like $25-30 million over the course of their deal. Now that I know the 2019 and 2020 Bellator numbers were just ā€œprojectedā€ (which I failed to notice), itā€™s possible they didnā€™t turn a profit but were still guaranteed that $35 million per year for both years (I think the DAZN deal was up after 2 years?). Given that their losses had gradually reduced by 2018 its fair to say they did, looking at the pie chart on the article that shows the DAZN revenue projected to be 50% of their revenue.

Now that DAZN is no longer part of the equation and as flyersfan mentioned the challenges of the pandemic, 2020 was probably a rough year for them. The Showtime deal is likely worth less than the DAZN agreement so I wonder how they will do in 2021. I still see an issue with declining viewership and lack of advertisement, I wonder what their popularity looks like in the UK vs the US.

You know, because legal reasons.

You make profit. You generate revenue. Consider yourself enlightened.

Lol UG Business School 101

1 Like

UFC does so many events now that it doesnā€™t leave fans with much of an appetite for a 2nd promotion. Thereā€™s a card almost every week. Thatā€™s the main reason Bellator struggles.

Thatā€™s how I always felt about WSOF. Think Moraes fought in like a YMCA with a volleyball game behind the curtain or something like that, maybe Iā€™m thinking of a different promotion but Iā€™m 99% sure.