Is Cain any more than a 30-year old Prospect?

orcus -  As for his cardio, he manhandled Kongo and threw 900 punches for three rounds and wasn't even breathing hard.

Other than standup, we have all the same questions in your OP about Junior.

Junior can take a shot. He's never even been dazed and he fought guys like Carwin, Nelson, Mirko and Gonzaga. Cain was falling from a Kongo jab But, Junior has slowed down as fights go on.

Cain walked into a HUGE straight right from Kongo and buckled a bit but finished the takedown. Very good recovery imo

Interesting questions about Cain....

I'm just so disinterested in watching him fight JDS so soon. If he is a "prospect" why ruin him by having him get knocked out by JDS again so soon. Have him fight more competition and build him up more Phone Post

Okay Mr. Bobby Lupo, who stands a better chance to obtain the HW title; Cain or Werdum? Phone Post

Dougie - The HW division needs to be split at 235 imo.

Why? JDS would cut barely anything and make that.

No point in making what is already the thinnest division even thinner Phone Post

fna - cant you pick apart JDS in a similar fashion?

we have yet to see JDS on his back, his sub defense or how he reacts to a clean shot on his jaw. his biggest win is over cain, who might be nothing more than a prospect according to the OP and it wasn't very long ago that JDS was landing countless shots on carwin and nelson without being able to get a finish.

This exactly. Thank u. We've seen more all around skills from Cain than we have JDS Phone Post

"almost got KTFO by Kongo"

he beat Kongo unanimously. not almost.
why do you leave that part out?

btw..the same thread can be made about JDS.

his wins were that much more impressive?
nelson (decision), cro cop, gonzaga, ivel..

Cain and Werdum were his best wins and neither fight lasted more than 3 minutes or so.

Cain would finish Nelson, cro cop, Ivel and Mir imo.

" Junior can take a shot."

You said we already knew Cain can't take a shot, so that's not a question about him. Your questions were "
sub game/sub defense, is his cardio really as good as his friends say it is?, what happens when he's on the bottom? How is his standup against a live body? ", and other than standup, we have all the same questions about Junior. 

I agree, Junior has one of the best chins in MMA, has shown zero reaction to any punch from anybody. His chin is as proven to me as Cain's cardio.

He is, at worst, the 3rd best HW in the world. I'm excited to see how the rematch goes.

^^^to the side/top of the head.

I've seen the best in the biz go down after getting hit in that same spot.

orcus -  " the lack of power in his GNP (hundreds of shots landed against Kongo, Rothwell and Bigfoot and they were still hanging around.)"

That applies to a lot of guys. How many guys really get stoppages with pure GnP?

Plus the convenient fact that 2 out of those 3 were striking related stoppages and the other was a clear cut unanimous decision. Phone Post

MachidasBrew 209TT - Okay Mr. Bobby Lupo, who stands a better chance to obtain the HW title; Cain or Werdum? Phone Post

Both are good matchups for JDS. Cain, if he can last can win a decision if 2 saints wilts. Werdum has 5 rounds to catch a sub. I think junior smokes them both like he did the first time. Id say werdum is slightly more dangerous Phone Post

Cain is actually 29

Cain versus Dos Santos is touted as the next title fight. THis makes no sense to me. Can someone help me out? why is this the fight? is there noone else at heavy?

JDS just ko'd Cain in a bout a minute less then a year ago. Why would he be no.1? It makes almost as much sense as a Carwin rematch.

subwrassler - "almost got KTFO by Kongo"

Cain and Werdum were his best wins and neither fight lasted more than 3 minutes or so.

Cain was almost KO by Kongo He would be asleep if he faced Nelson. People are over looking the fact that If Nelson and JDS was a 5 round fight Nelson more likely would be champ not JDS.

formulate - Cain versus Dos Santos is touted as the next title fight. THis makes no sense to me. Can someone help me out? why is this the fight? is there noone else at heavy?

JDS just ko'd Cain in a bout a minute less then a year ago. Why would he be no.1? It makes almost as much sense as a Carwin rematch.

I mean it makes almost as little sense as a carwin rematch.

Amazing this place. Phone Post

subwrassler - "almost got KTFO by Kongo"

Junior's wins are several levels more impressive than Cain's including beating Cain in seconds, Mir, Werdum

Carwin deserves the rematch more than Cain, at least he hung around until Junior broke a sweat unlike Cain who went out after the first serious shot.

Werdum should be considered as well.

As for Cain's unanimous win over Kongo: why would you be impressed by a guy who landed over 300 punches and did less damage with all of those than Kongo did with 2. Cain hit that man (who was a late replacement) 300 times and he was fine. That's when I got to thinking that Cain is not as advertised.

People are all angry about the rematch, but it's just the way it is. Who else should be fighting JDS right now? I wanted to see the Overeem fight as much as the next guy, but Overeem fucked it up for us. And this fight will be INTENSE if Cain can avoid getting knocked out right away.

One of the few fights where I like both guys equally, so I don't care who ends up with the strap.

This is fucking ridiculous.