Is Cain any more than a 30-year old Prospect?

Shotokanman - This is fucking ridiculous.

I know. The UFC hype machine has some people believing that this dude has a chance against J2S

Tranny Yarbrough G(ayest)OAT - lol@dorcus saying it's impressive that Cain threw 300 punches and wasn't gassed, well maybe because those punches had as much force as punches thrown by Michael Bisping

he threw 900, landed 300

Velasquez has no chin.  I don't question his heart but he falls down, starts doing the chicken dance, stepping in post holes, etc everytime someone connects with his noggin.

1) He can't take JDS down and hold him there

2) JDS has a solid chin and knows how to use his range

3) JDS has KO power.

Velasquez will lose to Junior if they fight again.  Sooner or later JDS is going to touch his chin and Valesquez will hit the canvas.  Junior will jump on him and finish the fight.

Doomfarmer, you're one of the good guys around here, but you have to admit that if Kongo didn't have the all time worst game plan (clinch with a dazed wrestler) he could have finished. Maybe we just saw it differently and will have to agree to disagree, but the Cain could have cost himself and the UFC millions if Kongo didn't have a bonehead Wolfslair gameplan

"As for Cain's unanimous win over Kongo: why would you be impressed by a guy who landed over 300 punches and did less damage with all of those than Kongo did with 2. Cain hit that man (who was a late replacement) 300 times and he was fine. That's when I got to thinking that Cain is not as advertised."

really?

JDS couldn't finish Roy Nelson and you're disappointed and unimpressed by Cain not finishing Kongo (but merely hitting him with over 300 punches)....the ONLY OPPONENT that he hasn't finished in his entire career.

you could've just said either "I hate Cain", or "I'm in love with JDS".
either way it would've saved us some time.

haters and nuthuggers both have alot of could've would've should've in their vocabulary.

the term "lucky punch" came from them as well

Strykr619 - 
orcus -  As for his cardio, he manhandled Kongo and threw 900 punches for three rounds and wasn't even breathing hard.

Other than standup, we have all the same questions in your OP about Junior.

Manhandled Kongo? WTF are you talking about, Cain got put on queer street 3 times and KONGO took him down several times in the 3rd...

Talk about revisionist history on the UG. Cain beat Kongo but didn't "manhandle" him. 

watch the fight again please before you say another word.

he absolutely MANHANDLED Kongo in every sense of the word.

and at the end of the fight Kongo couldn't even get up off the canvas uder his own power.

just watch the fight already

fna - cant you pick apart JDS in a similar fashion?

we have yet to see JDS on his back, his sub defense or how he reacts to a clean shot on his jaw. his biggest win is over cain, who might be nothing more than a prospect according to the OP and it wasn't very long ago that JDS was landing countless shots on carwin and nelson without being able to get a finish.

but the big difference is JDS has looked unstoppable in the UFC. What weaknesses has he shown if any? Not finishing Roy Nelson? That is hardly a weakness. We don't know how JDS' sub defense because he's never been put on his back. On the other hand Cain has been bingo'd by Kongo and JDS so we know his standup is a weaker area for him.

daba - 
fna - cant you pick apart JDS in a similar fashion?

we have yet to see JDS on his back, his sub defense or how he reacts to a clean shot on his jaw. his biggest win is over cain, who might be nothing more than a prospect according to the OP and it wasn't very long ago that JDS was landing countless shots on carwin and nelson without being able to get a finish.

but the big difference is JDS has looked unstoppable in the UFC. What weaknesses has he shown if any? Not finishing Roy Nelson? That is hardly a weakness. We don't know how JDS' sub defense because he's never been put on his back. On the other hand Cain has been bingo'd by Kongo and JDS so we know his standup is a weaker area for him.

JDS got put on his back by Gonzaga and got up as fast as Cain did when Lesnar took him down.

I am a JDS fan. I think he's something special at HW. I think Cain is immensely talented as well, but I think Zuffa is trying too hard to push him too hard on the fans and they were giving JDS a hard road to the title because they wanted Cain, Carwin or Brock, even Overeem as champ and not someone like Werdum or Junior.

subwrassler - 
Strykr619 - 
orcus -  As for his cardio, he manhandled Kongo and threw 900 punches for three rounds and wasn't even breathing hard.

Other than standup, we have all the same questions in your OP about Junior.

Manhandled Kongo? WTF are you talking about, Cain got put on queer street 3 times and KONGO took him down several times in the 3rd...

Talk about revisionist history on the UG. Cain beat Kongo but didn't "manhandle" him. 

watch the fight again please before you say another word.

he absolutely MANHANDLED Kongo in every sense of the word.

and at the end of the fight Kongo couldn't even get up off the canvas uder his own power.

just watch the fight already

The most significant damage done in that fight is when Cain was either dropped or on roller skates.

I think Cain is the best MMA HW wrestler in a generation and he clearly outclassed Kongo for 14 of 15 minutes, but Kongo landed the more meaningful shots. Kongo's 3 shots that rocked Cain did more than Cain's 300 shot