Is Cain really a boring fighter?

Boring???

Fuck no.

Enough said!

I don't understand how someone can think that was a boring fight.

Anyone who thinks Cain is boring has to be a butthurt JDS fan or just plain clueless when it comes to MMA. What that guy does is nothing short of amazing, especially against a world class guy like JDS.

VicJenny - I don't understand how someone can think that was a boring fight.

Fans that

have no ma background maybe?

consumed to many beers?

are special?

also thought Condit was a running bitch?

Fight was sick Phone Post 3.0

If people want a lesser skilled striker to just slug it out with a higher skilled striker......or call that person a burning fighter they should just watch tough man contests. Even in boxing where it is only fists there is strategy that is used that eliminates stand and wang. Phone Post 3.0

grimer - Anyone who thinks Cain is boring has to be a butthurt JDS fan or just plain clueless when it comes to MMA. What that guy does is nothing short of amazing, especially against a world class guy like JDS.
. Phone Post 3.0

Grecko roman wrestling and dirty boxing Phone Post 3.0

He did great and did what he had to do to win the fight.

As an overall statement I REALLY sick of the cage in MMA being used as a tool. It should be treated like the ropes, as a way to contain the fight. They need to stop letting fight stall against the cage so long. Phone Post

AWdub -
FETT_ LayNprayNINJA - He did great and did what he had to do to win the fight.

As an overall statement I REALLY sick of the cage in MMA being used as a tool. It should be treated like the ropes, as a way to contain the fight. They need to stop letting fight stall against the cage so long. Phone Post

With you here but damn it didn't look like JDS tried to circle out much. He looked too complacent to be there. Phone Post

Cain is just that strong, and leverage and geometry makes it even harder when being pressed into the cage. He also immediatey started taking jds' legs out against the cage.

Excellent strategy Iam just sick of the fence being a tool for wrestlers who fail at TDs. Phone Post

Not boring, but i am a huge fan of people uttlerly dominating another fighter. Makes me appreciate thier skill more.

Dominance is rarely exciting unless it's complete dominance that ends in a finish.

20+ minutes of getting his way and winning rather convincingly wouldn't be that exciting, there's no held breath, and no real questioning of what's coming next.

Sergio88 - Cain Is not boring he just choose not to stand and bang with a fighter that didn't once knock thin out, he wanted JDS to fight his fight and it was a perfect gameplan for Cain have JDS carry Cain weight and just control JDS with perfect technique and movement. Phone Post 3.0

This is not directed at you but those that bash GSP: When he takes a striker to the ground and controls him all fight, what's the difference? Cain does it = Great strategy. GSP does it = Boring fighter. Plus, it looked like Cain had very little interest in ending the fight, the same thing people accuse Georges of ... so what so you haters?

kevsh -
Sergio88 - Cain Is not boring he just choose not to stand and bang with a fighter that didn't once knock thin out, he wanted JDS to fight his fight and it was a perfect gameplan for Cain have JDS carry Cain weight and just control JDS with perfect technique and movement. Phone Post 3.0

This is not directed at you but those that bash GSP: When he takes a striker to the ground and controls him all fight, what's the difference? Cain does it = Great strategy. GSP does it = Boring fighter. Plus, it looked like Cain had very little interest in ending the fight, the same thing people accuse Georges of ... so what so you haters?

I agree that he took the GSP strategy in this fight, and it worked very well.

I havent seen this as a pattern yet with Cain though. Phone Post

I enjoyed the hell out of that fight! That wall n maul was sick! Phone Post

Jonesbonedpage - He's an exciting effective version of dc at least he will exchange Phone Post 3.0

This. If anyone was boring, its Cornier not Cain. Phone Post

It wasn't boring but a little disappointing that JDS did nothing new and apparently had no strategy and even worse no lateral movement. It was the second fight all over again. Clearly JDS believed all his excuses and thought it was gonna be fight 1 all over again. Phone Post

Fans are fucking idiots. The fact that Cain and Cormier apologized for their performance is just retarded. and it was because of idiots that don't know what the hell is going on and start booing as soon as the fight goes to clinch...

i don't get it. nobody BOOs the San Antonio Spurs or any defensively fundamental but boring ass teams when they win, but why in MMA? go watch boxing or some other shit.

humans like violence Phone Post

eljamaiquino - 
Jonesbonedpage - He's an exciting effective version of dc at least he will exchange Phone Post 3.0

This. If anyone was boring, its Cornier not Cain. Phone Post

I thought Cormier was more exciting than Cain, minus the 3rd round of Cain-JDS.

Smart game plan. Team mate said this last night. When you're champ, you fight differently to stay where you are. Phone Post