Is Cain really a boring fighter?

Not at all, if he's boring what does it make GSP as a fighter

not at all

Younger bigger faster randy Phone Post 3.0

ChokeEmOut - He isn't boring, actually seems to be getting more aggressive on his feet as far as throwing hands.

It's his lack of finishing skills that keep him from being a killer. Maybe with more confidence he might develop some power, not sure. Phone Post

He has the most knockouts in UFC HW history if I remember correctly. Phone Post

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - Everyone who wasn't a Hardcore aT my house bitched about his hugging last night. Phone Post 3.0
Mine too.
And all the hardcore fans screamed at JDS to circle out and away from the fence yet he never did. Phone Post 3.0

JDS was so bored waiting for Cain to knock him out that he did it himself, only joking he's not a boring fighter but if that was a lighter weight guy who held a guy up against the fence without going for the takedown I think a lot of people would be hating Phone Post 3.0

Yes. He's boring. He avoids striking, and desperately tries to get the takedown. Once the opponent gasses, then Cain starts safely striking, which by then is a one-sided slop-fest.

He's good, and talented, but Dos Santos is the entertaining one. Wrestlers are boring as hell. Strikers are what people want to see.

Frames4Life - His tactics were awful to watch, very frustrating. Phone Post
Your posts are awful to read, very frustrating. Phone Post 3.0

GarlicSauce - Yes. He's boring. He avoids striking, and desperately tries to get the takedown. Once the opponent gasses, then Cain starts safely striking, which by then is a one-sided slop-fest.

He's good, and talented, but Dos Santos is the entertaining one. Wrestlers are boring as hell. Strikers are what people want to see.

I don't mind seeing grappling with passes, transitions, submission attempts and or powerful gnp

Last night had none of that Phone Post

would JDS win under pride rules and in a ring ?

Boring is subjective. As true for MMA as it is for music, art, literature, movies, food, and everything else.

You're never going to get everyone to agree on what good music is (ever hear country folks argue with classical music fans on this one?). Or what good art is (some like abstract, some realistic). Or what a good movie is (action vs drama etc).

How in the world are you going to get people to agree on whether a given fighter is boring? Only someone who knows nothing about how varied human taste is would expect that.

GarlicSauce - Yes. He's boring. He avoids striking, and desperately tries to get the takedown. Once the opponent gasses, then Cain starts safely striking, which by then is a one-sided slop-fest.

Agree with the last sentence ;)

CiganoBoxer - 
GarlicSauce - Yes. He's boring. He avoids striking, and desperately tries to get the takedown. Once the opponent gasses, then Cain starts safely striking, which by then is a one-sided slop-fest.

No snark intended, but seriously, why not just watch boxing or K1 then?

I can understand people preferring striking, everyone has their own taste. I don't understand coming to a sport with both striking and grappling, and then complaining that it isn't just striking.

georgejonesjr - 
CiganoBoxer - 

No snark intended, but seriously, why not just watch boxing or K1 then?

I can understand people preferring striking, everyone has their own taste. I don't understand coming to a sport with both striking and grappling, and then complaining that it isn't just striking.

When have i complained thats it isn't just striking ?
A lot of fans of mma like it for the different aspects of the sport , some people like the leg humping wrestlers, some people like the bjj guys , some people like to watch the strikers , some people like to watch it all mixed together ...thats the great thing about the sport , there is something for everyone lol
I have trained bjj for three years, i really enjoy it and its made me have a far better understanding on watching it in mma to ,but because my dad uncles boxed(gypsy family) i boxed throughout my teenage years so boxing/striking is what i love , so watching it in mma is awesome with them little gloves :)

Let me ask u this , why are all the greatest mma fights as referred to by Rogan on the feet wars and not grappling fests ?

maybe it was because of the diego fight before it, but i was bored out of my mind during the jds cain fight. I just kept saying to myself. Please god stop grinding into him and fight.

same people that think he was exciting bitch about GSP being boring.

IMO, he's boring in the sense that he basically does the same thing every fight and is very disciplined at sticking with the gameplan.

His work rate makes up for it, though.

The only time he pissed me off was when he obviously had JDS rocked, yet still did the wall strategy. He would have KOed JDS right there with exchanges. I don't recall if it was the 3rd or 4th round but if he had kept his distance and hitting him in space AT THAT TIME he would won then. He played in safe when he didn't have to. Rest of the time he was on it and smart. Not boring.

I disagree that a fight is boring unless two people stand in the middle and trade saying "c'mon" like Diego did.

There are periods of intense flurries in fights, and periods of longer execution of strategy and maneuvering.

Sheesh if you think a period of cage work is boring, go back to baseball and watch men adjust their junk due to all the excitement.